Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 40 Devotion

+3
JacobPk
hannahlee
Allan
7 posters

Go down

Genesis 40 Devotion Empty Genesis 40 Devotion

Post  Allan Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:19 pm

Finally Joseph's gift of interpretation makes an appearance. Umm I didn'y really get any life-realted lesson or the self-ephiphany thing from this chapter, but I know that this is a very important point "milestone", in Joseph's life and its crucial, becasue with this gift he gains the trust and praise form the pharaoh; later he helps out the pharaoh.

Umm I never knew what "interpretation" was so... Dictionary.com time

1. a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something
2. the act of interpreting something as expressed in an artistic performance; "her rendition of Milton's verse was extraordinarily moving" [syn: rendition]
3. an explanation that results from interpreting something; "the report included his interpretation of the forensic evidence"

I am going to go with the first one. So Joseph can derived the significance and meaning from I guess a vision in this case. I wonder of this gift is still out there? Well we all know that God somethimes show us something we don;t understand, so is this when interpretation come. Umm... I don't know when Interpretation could come in handy, becasue if God shows us something don't we have to take initiative to figure it our ourselves

KK bi

P.S. Roh why did you call me???
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 40 Devotion Empty Re: Genesis 40 Devotion

Post  hannahlee Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Bass Pro Shops has a lot of money to blow, is all I have to say. It's November, not even mid-November, EARLY-November and today was the official lighting of their Christmas tree - one of two - , their Santa's village where kids took pictures with a really legit-looking Santa (real beard) - who made his entrance down a chimney -, and free hot chocolate and ginger snaps for all. Hahaha, oh Christmas. As much as I LOVE Christmas, faaaarrr more than I ever liked my birthdays, November? Really? Anyways, I downed a Taco Bell burrito for dinner, pretty nast.

Genesis 40

Firstly, I think Joseph's dream interpretations are pretty neat. Also, the idea of dream interpretations and how seriously they took them back in the days, recognizing them as serious signs. I was thinking about it, and never directly around me have I heard someone have a dream and really rattle their brains about what it could possibly mean. Perhaps because now a lot of people have had it pinpointed down to something of science and nothing but..Anyways, next time I have a dream I'm gonna analyze it. I always wanted to start a dream journal and never did do it. But I've stopped remembering my dreams for the last like, year, so that's just too bad. Slash, I really miss dreaming!! Hahaha.

2. Verse 23: The chief cupbearer, however, did not remember Joseph; he forgot him.
I took this and paralleled it to our relationships with God. Joseph did a great thing by interpreting the cupbearer's dream and his only request was that he put in a good word for him to the pharaoh, because he was stuck there unjustly anyways. And I'm sure at the time, the cupbearer was more than willing to agree to it, but once he reaches that place of better means, he forgets all about Joseph. How often do we turn to God in our lowest of lows, becoming so dependent and helpless..and once He takes us out of the rut, instead of taking the right time to thank Him for everything, we fool ourselves into thinking we did it all by ourselves and become all about the Self again? How often do we forget God?

PA DAYYYYY. WHOOOOOOOO.
And to the rest of you, I bid you a happy funday Smile

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:40 pm

haha today was sick!
Soo we have a team for 3 on 3 right? aha lets all go as a team and have subs. ahaha
ok ok

So I mean, in this chapter, i got a few things.

1) Although Joseph was a forgotten man to the cupbearer, he was nto a forgotten man to God. When Joseph was in prson, God remembered him and carefully planned so that the 2 officials would soon enough get Joseph out. Later in Genesis we will find out that Joseph gets set free because of the cupbearer who finally rememebrs him. This just encrouages me to remind myself that God is alwasy with me even through the most struggling situations. It's all about Patience and believeing that God will rescue me.

2) Verse 8. I knwo i stress this alot, about the whole It's all about God but it IS! The offcials were troubled and Joseph says" Do not interpretations belong to God?" Everythign belongs to God, everything we have, need, desire and created belongs to him.
Also,, Interpretations, God may provide one answer or a whole slur of answers, which is why i believe we need to pray before doing devotion. If doing devotions is more critical than praise, church and what not shoudln't you pray before doing it? It only makes sense. If we pray before praise practice or sunday worship, i def do think we should pray before devotions. this is why... Devotions is what maintains or increases your relationship with Christ. The most important thing for our Faith, then everythign else follows.
Now going back, If there is only one answer that God wants to tell you, then it's not about how your interpret the scriptures, but what is true and right! whichc is why i think we should pray. Make sense? Not because it's a routine or forced, but to really see and understand what God is trying to tell you.

That is all! PA Day tomorrow suckas!
so 4 day weekend ahaha
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:49 am

wuzzuuppppp omg i got no work done today im the most unproductive person to live.
but anyhoo.

....and JACOB GETS SCREWED OVER AGAIN!
ohh man poor guy, eh? he intereprets the cup-bearer's dream and he asked him to rememeber him when he is freed from jail, but the cupbearer didnt. Maybe he forgot, maybe he's just intentionally not a nice guy. But as easy it is to point finges and say SMITE YOU CUPBEARER i find that its so easy to do what he does. In our relationship with God, God has done so much; not only sent his son to give us salvation, but in our everyday lives, he works gives us his blessings, his love and comfort. Abd God too says 'remember what i did'. God wants to, and really deserves to be much more than appreciated, and yet we 'forget' or we 'dont want to' remember him sometimes.

Also, with hannah's rant about dreams, I just remembered my demon dream. I don't think I told you guys.. haha but I had the CREEPIEST DREAM OF MY LIFE two summers ago right after i got back from missions and i swear i was attacked by demons.
But sam laughed at me Sad Someone will believe me.
This is why I need good ol' jacob.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:01 am

jacob or Joseph? ahaha
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:57 am

soooo tired. What a day though. This stupid english media project hopefully will work :S (p.s thanks to everyone who helped)

Gen 40:
SOooooooooooooooooooo Joseph gets the short end of the stick AGAIN!!!
I dont understand the last dream though... hanging? harshhh

How could the cup bearer forget??? maybe he was to happy he was back???
But God was with Joseph every day, and thats what i got from this. just like Sam said today about God always being there even when it doesnt seem like it.

Back to the project Sad (after i read all your awesome devos!)
Night!
E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:32 pm

Here, again, it's clear that God works in Joseph, and Joseph is humble about the gifts that God has given him. One of those gifts is clearly dream interpreting. Before Joseph interpret's the Pharaoh's dream, he makes it clear that God is the one who speaks through him.

Joseph was abandoned by his brothers, sold to people, put in prison, yet God blessed him in so many ways because Joseph lived his life for Him. Through all of those troubled times, if it were me, I would probably have been really depressed and mad at the world. This was not the case for Joseph; he continued to help others, be faithful to God, and have hope.

This passage taught me to trust God and all the miraculous things He can do in everyone's lives.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:57 pm

I wonder why the baker was hanged...?
Anyways, I learned from this Chapter that dreams aren't just dreams, sometimes they can be very meaningful.
Also, this very short line: "he forgot him." spurred up a lot of emotion in me.
Forgetting someone completely is soooo hard to do; especially if that person was a very good warden to you in a jail where you're most likely to be treated like dirt. yet... the cupholder somehow managed to forget Joseph.
Anyway, I wanna see what happens in Chapter 41 so.. onto the next devo!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:18 am

Allan wrote:

Umm I never knew what "interpretation" was so... Dictionary.com time

1. a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something
2. the act of interpreting something as expressed in an artistic performance; "her rendition of Milton's verse was extraordinarily moving" [syn: rendition]
3. an explanation that results from interpreting something; "the report included his interpretation of the forensic evidence"

woww.. way to be original allan Wink lol jks yo
ya.. i'm trying to read everyone's devos tonight as well >_>
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content