Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 23rd, 2013

2 posters

Go down

June 23rd, 2013 Empty June 23rd, 2013

Post  James Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:30 am

I find it fascinating on how Dan had so much to say, with such a short passage from the bible. He explained in depth on how the religious figures didn't bother to stop to help the man, rather the Samaritan man. This is a prime example for the second greatest commandment, truly loving our neighbours, and being nice for the sake of being nice. We should expect nothing in return, as everything was given to us already, with Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

June 23rd, 2013 Empty Re: June 23rd, 2013

Post  Esther Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:00 pm

The sermon this Sunday was much about how we can give our love and kindness and to whom it should be given to. Much of what Dan spoke about can be summed up in the Golden Rule (to do unto others as you would have done onto you) but on top of this, Dan also talked about how we need to give our love based solely on the fact that it is our duty as sisters and brothers in Christ - a sort of deontological way of being. He said that we should be giving our love to whomever needs it and lets be honest, that's just about everyone. So I suppose the broader message was to show love to everyone and to constantly put your best foot forward.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down