Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

me devos..

Go down

me devos.. Empty me devos..

Post  samuelchung Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:19 pm

what up guys,
here is my devos...
what i read: 2 Chronicles 17-18
what i learned: this was interesting. so king Jehosaphat had taken over the thrown from King Asa, and he followed in the ways of the Lord, it says that he followed God just like his forefather DAvid. Now the king of the Northern Kingdom was king Ahab. he did not follow in the way of the Lord, but he had asked the southern kingdom for help to fight against Samaria. King Jehosaphat told the king to require of the Lord whether or not it would be wise to go and fight. so he summoned all his prophets, but there was not one who was a prophet of God. So king Jehosaphat asked hiim to find someone who could require of the Lord and there was one, but king Ahab did not like him because he would only say things that were bad towards him. now obviously he would say things that were bad because he wasn't following the ways of the Lord! so funny, anyways, so they end up calling him, and that prophet says not to go into battle because he would die, but all the other prophets said that he should go into battle. The prophet ends up being thrown into jail, and king ahab and king Jehosaphat go into battle. The opponents are ordered to kill the king of Israel who was King Ahab. They almost kill king Jehosaphat, but he prays and htey turn away, and then by accident, they kill king Ahab. i found this quite interesting, how he directly disobeyed what God had said because he didn't like what God said about him, also because he was willing to follow the advice of others and not of God.
what i am going to do: it is interesting how a perosn can follow the ways of others, and not the ways of God first. it is funny how the interest of another can distort how you value what God is asking you to do. sooo this is what i am going to do, continue to listen to the voice of God and do as He commands, not listening to the voices of this world that is telling me otherwise.

sam

samuelchung
minion

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down