Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OWN DEVOS

5 posters

Go down

OWN DEVOS Empty OWN DEVOS

Post  Kevin Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:13 pm

So for our own devo, I read philippians 3 and part of verse 3 really stuck out to me.

3.We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort,

This verse really stuck out to me cause it's saying put our full out confidence and faith in Jesus Christ. A lot of the time I rely on myself when it comes to simple tasks. But this verse also gave me a lot of comfort because when we place our full trust in Jesus, he'll watch over us. In my life, I can try to be more dependant on Jesus but that is hard because I will always have doubts and like Sam said, without doubt, there can't be faith. But I will always try to believe that god is around us, and helps us.

Well that's what I got, see you guys on friday hopefully. Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

OWN DEVOS Empty Re: OWN DEVOS

Post  Grace Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:48 pm

so today i went shopping.................and got nothing LOL
next week Very Happy
i really want to go to the ROM................ hahaa dork ?

wow, my mom is impossible to reason with....... i got so frusterated....i cried..........hahaa tears from being so 답답해 (whats that word in english anyways....) yeah anyways that was a first. my mom just laughed at me........hahaa my eyes are all red and stuff
if my eyes all 부었어 tomorrow, youll know why .... hahahaa

so today i just read some random verses in the bible about patience.
and i think thats something i need to work on right now, a lot of the time my patience is tested, and a lot of the time i fail miserably to keep my patience. lol but i want to be able to practice being patience more efficiently and to be able to keep that patience
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:53 pm

CATHY WELCOME BACK HOME BOY!!!
I did proverbs, obviously...
Proverbs 23:12 "commit yourself to instruction, listen carefully to words of knowledge"
I was reading this line over and over, because i was thinking why it said "commit yourself to instruction". The "listen carefully to words of knowledge part was obvious, but "commit" to "instruction" why not commit to like leading? or praising?
i think its because in all forms of serving, you ll probably start somewhere as a newbie, like you, kevin grace and billy! And listening to instructions is VERY important. So i reflected on when Roh used to tell me what to do... i didnt like it... aha well i didnt HATE it because i knew i trusted his judgement and "knowledge" i could maybe learn a thing or two about music, and leading.

Thats what i got today... i had a sick nap after reading "5 people you meet i heaven"... saturday naps are sickkkkk right after work : )

SSEEEEE EE YOUUUU TOMORRROWWWW
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:12 am

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit

a passage from Proverbs. i read this and thought about it and our WORDS do make a difference, and we have to be carefu in what we say. i personally learned to be more sensitive with the things i say, and THINK before i say them, knowing that words can hurt.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words my never hurt you/me. no WORDS do hurt, whether you like it or not, and it's very important for us to practice our tongue and what we say. Jokes have limits and even the slightest slip can make a difference. BUT, words can also bring heaven to earth. When we encourage, we are bringing and showing God to them, just like what Jesus would do! Watch your tongue and let God speak through you Smile

excited for tomorrow!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:10 am

Hey guys, sorry for doing it soo late

Deuteronomy 22:4

4 If you see your brother's donkey or his ox fallen on the road, do not ignore it. Help him get it to its feet.

this means that you should always help people if they need help or looks like they need help... so people, when we are setting up, always help each other out carry the sound board or watever u call it... When ur having trouble with something, wouldn't you want someone to help u?? if u start helping first, who knows, that person might help u back for helping him... it's a win win situation... so guys, i hope u guys get the message...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down