Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 77

+4
DunNo
josephpaik
Esther
Christine Kim
8 posters

Go down

Psalm 77 Empty Psalm 77

Post  Christine Kim Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:25 pm

June 15
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Psalm 77 Empty Re: Psalm 77

Post  Christine Kim Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:32 pm

well todays chapter was fairly long and i dont have a particular verse to share. but i did find that the overall message was important. at first this chapter is talking about crying out to God for his help and then goes on to say that he feels rejected. then he remembers who God really is.
sometimes we reach out to God but dont feel his response and feel as though God has rejected us. it isnt the case and we are actually not fully acknowledging Gods presence or blinded by our own problems hence the reason why you reached out to God. God shouldnt just be needed to fix our problems but to love and worship. to spread his name to others. God is so great and mighty that we should never underestimate him or judge him.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Another powerful message. Something we can all relate to, I'm sure.
I have a lot of moments where I feel like I'm crying out to god and nothing is really happening but I've realized that most of those times, good things were happening but I just didn't see them as good things until I stopped to think about it.
Remember that story I told some of you? Footsteps (or footprints, whichever) in the Sand? This chapter reminded me of that.

Just remember that even when you think he's doing nothing for you, he's always there and showing you his love in ways you could never think of!
See you all tomarrraaah!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:19 am

In todays passage i think thwat the chapter was trying to say was that God is present every second of every day of the year.
But only works with us when we are in tru need of him.
He will not reject us or leave us be forever. He will come be with us when our hearts desire him and deserve to have his presence.
God is amazing... why would he forsake us? Just remember! He is always there for us and always will be. Only thing is that he will show up when we are in need of him. When sin covers us and we are struggling in faith.!
gnight guys!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:46 am

11-12 Once again I'll go over what God has done, lay out on the table the ancient wonders; I'll ponder all the things you've accomplished, and give a long, loving look at your acts.

From the passage, I thought these lines were the most significant to me. Though sometimes I might think that God isn't or hasn't really been there for me, if I really look through my journey with God, I really can clearly see how He's changed me for the better over the short 15 years I've lived. He's molded and matured me into who I am today, and even now, through mysterious ways, he is continuing to do that. Because of what God has done in my life, I'm forever thankful.

And that's all I got tonight
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:53 am

something that stood out to me was how David prays do hard...the reason being, whenever we are in need, we always just tend to pray lightly. We very rarely pray until we're sweating, crying and even in pain. As times are changing, we expect more and more, that things come easier than what they're worth. We can't let that kind of thinking lifestyle affect our relationship with God. We have to always give it our all, and set higher goals rather than to JUST BARELY meet the expectations. We should be aiming to raise the standards and help each other out in our faith.

Kinda connects with us alot seeing as how we kinda take praise team lightly sometimes
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:27 am

Not much I got out of this chapter.

But today, I took some time to reflect upon God and only him alone.
I realized that, you can't just be following Christ halfway and turning back.
Its just like fighting a war, and God calls US to be his soldiers.
We should call ourselves disciples of Christ, instead of the standard "Christian."
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:50 am

When the Red Sea[a] saw you, O God,
    its waters looked and trembled!
    The sea quaked to its very depths.
This part OFTHE chapter really stuck out to me. When you think of oceans and seas, you think of its depths and it's unknowns. When you think of swimming in the middle of the sea, you feel tiny and scared! The sea is so powerful that it makes humans scared and feel very minuscule. So if this gigantic, powerful, scary thing trembles when it looks at god, we should be terrified. The only thing redeeming us of his terrifying and amazing power is his love for us as his children. I think we should remember this everyday while doing everything were doing just so that we don't take his love for granted. It's like what we talked about last week. Gods love is like the sweetest of honey, and to Throw it away would be crazy. Also, we should feel assured from this verse because, when we are travelling through the road god has put us on, this powerful majesting god is on our side. Even the seas that bring tsunamis and hold the unknowns of the earth are afraid of him. With him behind us we shouldn't be afraid to do anything, so there shouldn't be anything holding us back from doing his work. He will provide Smile night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:43 pm

starting from verse 7-9, it kinda reminds me of myself, when i complain to God.
I ask very similar questions . I wonder why God hasn't heard me crying or why he hasn't made my situation any better. And i feel like God has abandoned me or God was never with me.

Then in verse 11 "I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago."
After all the complaining and whining to God, I realize he never left me. That he is still the same loving, and compassionate God he always was and always will be!

Thats all...
See you sunday!
-Sarah Wink
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Sarah Oh wrote:starting from verse 7-9, it kinda reminds me of myself, when i complain to God.
I ask very similar questions . I wonder why God hasn't heard me crying or why he hasn't made my situation any better. And i feel like God has abandoned me or God was never with me.

Then in verse 11 "I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago."
After all the complaining and whining to God, I realize he never left me. That he is still the same loving, and compassionate God he always was and always will be!
And theres this quote that reminded me of this verse!
"When you are going through a something hard and wonder where God is, remember the teacher is always quiet during a test!"
Thats all...
See you sunday!
-Sarah Wink
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content