Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 68 June 4th

+4
jennifer
Audrey Jong
jaake kwon
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Psalm 68 June 4th Empty Psalm 68 June 4th

Post  Kevin Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:49 pm

asd
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Psalm 68 June 4th Empty Myyeh

Post  jaake kwon Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:52 pm

5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
is God in his holy dwelling.

I guess one thing we tend to forget a lot is that God loves every one of us equally. When we try to picture it in our head, we imagine that he loves each of us with such a big amount, and usually don't regard to others, that they have the same love we're given. And I guess that's our first messup. When we try to understand GOD, we're like newborn babies trying to figure out how the world works. There's all this hidden things that our minds couldn't possibly understand, and we think we know so much, when all we know might not be an EIGHTH of what we're hoping for.

One of the big ideas in the bible is to see things from an open perspective, I think. A good Christian, is one that took millions of hits to their faith, but still sure of it. Like Jesus, you know? When he died and got whipped, and I was in his position, I would feel that God was sucker punching me RIGHT in the face. But he still had the guts to pray for that sinner on the cross, and his last words before his redemption was "Have faith, for the next time we meet will be in a place much greater than this."(something along those lines.)

You know, like the old saying goes; "A Patriot should have their eyes on the world, and their feet in his land."
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Psalm 68 June 4th Empty Re: Psalm 68 June 4th

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Sorry I haven't done devos for the past week. I'll make sure that I do them this time....

I don't have a specific verse to share with you but I found this chapter very intresting.
many of the verses was a little weird and dark.
verse 1-2: "Rise up, O God, and scatter your enemies. Let those who hate God run for their lives. Blow them away like smoke. Melt them like wax in a fire."
Verse 21: "But God will smash the heads fo this enemies, crushing the skulls of those who love their guilty ways."
verse 23: "You, my people will wash your feet in their blood, and even your dogs will get their share."

I'm not really sure why they speak like this.... I think that they were trying to explain how powerful God is and show that he protects and provides to the righteous. Like in verse 35:
"God is awsome in his sanctuary. The God of Israel gives power and strength to his people."

Praise be to God!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:48 pm

19 Praise the Lord; praise God our savior!
    For each day he carries us in his arms.
I thought this verse really related to me because I find it harder to praise the lord these days maybe because life is soooo hectic now but when I read this verse it opened my eyes as to how much god actually does for us. He literally carries us in his arms everyday because without him we are nothing. We don't realize that without him in our lives we would have no meaning or purpose! I dunno how to explain it but this verse got to me and I think its a good one to remember Smile it helps me focus on the lord and forget about my petty problems.
Aight! Night guys Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey guys, idk how the past two weeks have been like for you guys but I know things were pretty hectic for me!
Anyway, I'll be seeing you all this week so. (:

--
I know some of you may not agree with me, but I think this passage was more of a way of showing us how we all tend to think, and how it's wrong.
We ask God to harm the 'evil' and basically, leave them in the dirt.
But I think what we were supposed to get out of this passage is that this isn't the right way to be thinking.
We're all human and make mistakes, and God doesn't love one person more than another. He loves us all equally.
So, instead of wishing bad things upon the 'wicked', I think we should be asking God to help them and help us get closer to one another and treat each other how we were originally supposed to. As family.

See you later guys!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:40 pm

A verse that really stood out to me wa verse 2
As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth befoer the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God."
this verse really stood out to me because it provides a image for me to see of what God will do, to the non-beleivers. God will drive them away as wx melts in front of fire.

verse 22
"The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan. I will bring mypeople again from the depths of the sea;"
what this meant to me was that God s always watching over us and when we are in need of him, he will be there to always help us and support us.

soryguy not using a niv bible but the text is reletively the same and my laptop keyboard is flippingout and it sucks so my typing is all messed up and it is supppppppppper annoying...
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:12 am

5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
is God in his holy dwelling.

What a moving verse. Fatherless, widows, people who've lost important people in their lives
People who can be sometimes acknowledged as absolutely NOTHING.
Yet God is a father to the fatherless, someone who defends widows.
Someone who will be there for us, when NO ONE else will.
Such an enlightening verse.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:05 am

Mondays.
Gotta hate dem mondays.

6: God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing;
but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

Lately, I've been really thinking about my childhood.
And truthfully, it wasn't the best.
I found myself spending very minimal time with my family, especially with my parents, working their tails off for my brother and I.
Although I had my brother, I wasn't satisfied.
The greedy person I am, I wanted more, I expected more.
Today I've realized how God brings us closer to him and I'm truly grateful for all the hardships that I have in my life.
I'm grateful for the hard life that was given to me.
The hardships that have already occurred and the hardships that are to come.
Us, as Christians, we won't have an easy life.
With God and only God, will we live a life of joy.
He sets the lonely, He leads the praise, and He punishes those that do evil.

Sorry for the late response had many things to do
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:36 pm

what the heck.
i swaer i posted yesterday....
.... whatever i did it though!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11