Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 69 June 5th

+4
Pa Ta Rick
josephpaik
jaake kwon
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Psalm 69 June 5th Empty Psalm 69 June 5th

Post  Kevin Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Some of you guys have 2 strikes...be mindful
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Psalm 69 June 5th Empty Re: Psalm 69 June 5th

Post  jaake kwon Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:13 pm

5 You, God, know my folly;
my guilt is not hidden from you.

One of my most common faults is that I always speak my sins and think that God wouldn't care until I told him. You know what I mean?
Like, have you ever sinned and didn't really care until you were in bed, just about to go asleep and praying?

Can't find much to say, but all that I can think of right now, is that
prayer should be a constant thing, to keep God ALWAYS on our minds. It's the least we can do for Him.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Psalm 69

When we are in deep waters and unable to swim back up, we look for God. Why is that this is the only time we look for God for answers. We only seek God for help and ignore him whenever we dont need him. I think that this chapter is trying to tell us that we take God for granted and only ask him for things when we need it.
Also, its saying that we should give thanks to him because he is always there for us. We should bring praises upon him and spread his word so that the poor may show their smiles and God will help the needy/ set the captives free.

Then people will settle there and possess it;
36 the children of his servants will inherit it,
and those who love his name will dwell there.

A couple of verses before this it explain a place which i visualize it to be the kingdom of God.
This is because when we enter it, it will be a place where we want to settle and pass it on to the next generations which will be coming up soon too.
It also says, and those who love his name will dwell there.... so i kinda took that as a clue also. If you believe and have faith in God, you will enter his kingdom.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:19 am

i totally agree with jake, there are ALWAYS times when i sin and when im alone about to sleep or in the car or someplace where i just do nothing, i realize that i have done something wrong. I think that this is God's way of showing us that he always knows when we have sinned and he is reminding us of ou wrongdeeds. There is NO WAY that we an hide anything from God especially the sins wehave commited. So thanwe can ask or forgiveness.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:39 am

Please get them done guys...
Both spiritually and musically wise, we need everyone that we can get.

4: Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head;
many are my enemies without cause,
those who seek to destroy me

This verse just completely shattered me. To say the least, I've had a person hate me for just being who I am.
But honestly, isn't that what our Saviour, Jesus Christ faced?
I find myself complaining over the smallest things, when I should be grateful.
And also, feeling what Jesus felt only brings us closer to Him, when we recognize it.
As Christians, we are called to be much like Christ.
Let us have the same mentality as Him.
Especially His humbleness. He always put Himself before the Lord, and only Him alone.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:10 am

yourversion doesnt always stop working
but when it does, i'm trying to do a devo
anywho, its working now Smile

I didnt get much in particular from the chapter, but I interpreted the entire chapter as that even if I can't trust people and I may have to worlds enemies, I can always go to God for help and above all, I could trust him. This chapter also reminded me that even if all goes wrong, God will always be there to help pull us through, regardless of how much of the -ish we're in was caused by us.
wow, turns out theres actually a ton to get from this chapter

8 My brothers shun me like a bum off the street; My family treats me like an unwanted guest.
9 I love you more than I can say. Because I'm madly in love with you, They blame me for everything they dislike about you.

these verses stuck out in the sense that even if I am shunned or rejected by society because of God, He is still the answer and that He will always be there to help. David's devotion to God really inspires me to be just as devoted, being able to live, just knowing God will love us back if we love him, even if we lose some things in life we consider dear.
So thats all for tonight
Goodnight guys
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:04 am

Read the chapter! But I can't think aha sorry guys im too tired!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:29 am

30 I will praise God's name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving.

31 This will please the Lord more than an ox,
more than a bull with its horns and hoofs

This verse kinda gets you thinking.. Think about the bigger things in life.
It's not always the visible and obvious acts that provide us with blessings.
It is what we do behind closed doors, the little meaningful things we do for God
When it really won't benefit us at all. Some people do things for praise, or to be seen
But praising god, is better than any offering.
Remember the big picture!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Sorry I couldn't post yesterday guys.....the internet in my house was down.

I felt that chapter 69 really discribed the thoughts we sometimes have in our prayers.
I think it best in verse 1-3:
"Save me, O God, for the floodwaters are up to my neck. Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire, I can't find a foothold. I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me. I am exausted from crying for help; my throat is parched. My eyes are swollen from weeping, waiting for my God to help me."
I think that this part of the chapter spoke out to me the most. We all felt like this at least once. Drowning and having doubt in faith. but this is how we learn and grow in faith.
After reading the rest of the chapter, I found that eventhough he did express how he felt, he still ended his prayers with thanking God and praising him.
I sometimes have this bad habit of complaining to God more than i'm thanking him. and that is what we sometimes forget. We sometimes just focus on all the negative parts in life and not consider the positive.

Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down