Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of old people.

5 posters

Go down

Lots of old people. Empty Lots of old people.

Post  JacobPk Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:44 pm

SO pretty much, these are the generatiosn to come.
LOTS of old people. Methuselah was the longest living person aha 969 years!
But i dont think i would want to live that long ever.
Ohh Enoch and Elijah are the only 2 men who did NOT die. Went straight up into heaven.
Ummm did i get much out of this chapter? Not really.
Just ideas of names i should give to my kids.
DUDE. how do you get kids after your 500 years old?!?!?1
haha beast. work it Noah. well done. well done.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Lots of old people. Empty Re: Lots of old people.

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:57 pm

ok to be honest... i did read all of it. I just skimmed through it because i didnt want to read the names in my head... they are all weird.
Isnt it strange that the lived for so long? My father told be about a theory that the world was covered in a bubble of water and the UV something took longer or was weaker on the skin which lead to long life and not dying crops so thats how Noah had food on the ark for so long and when it rained for so long it was the water falling down and it like messed up the planets earth something and separated the country land things... Its just a theory and its probably not possible but it kinda explains stuff...
Just some food for thought.... cookie cookie?? noo... ok...
uhhhhhhhhhhh feet hurt... blisters on me feet...
Another week.... doesnt it seem like the weekends are to fast? Like we should ask mother nature to SLOOOOW DOOWNNN....
Suspect
alrighty oh... chip chip cheerio...!
Have a good Monday/ week peeps! Dont do anything i wouldnt do....
E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:49 am

Genesis 5:
Wow. haha most inapplicable chapter of my life Smile
haha but I did enjoy picturing men that were 969 years old.
I don't really remember but I think some many years ago back in Sunday school we learned that we don't live as long becuase of all of our sin?
God blessed these people with relaly.. really really long lives. But I guess we lost taht privillege. or woudl you call it privillege? I dont know I think I"d get tired of life after 900 years Razz
Haha but anyhoo I did like the beginning of this chapter where it says 'God created people, he made them in the likeness of God.' THis took me back to the creation story, where it says that God created humans in his image. Now no one relaly knows what this means; image as in physically? proabably not. spiritually? emotionally? I don't think it really matters, but to know that we are sort of a humanly reflection of God. I think this is really important becuase it helps us to change our perspective on people; when people turn into 'reflections of God' in our minds, it really inspires us to treat all people and ourselves with dignity and respect, and to appreciate everything that God has given us.
So take that, brainwashing media!
IM NOT FAT
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:09 am

Cool.. Enoch lived 365 years... 365 days in a year... coincidence??.... conspiracy??
hey.. his name is almost liek epoch...
I wonder why he got shafted and lived like 1/3 of other ppl's life span?

I also think it's incredible that these records are so... specific/accurate ya
umm.. I have no idea about the timeline and stuff, but I'm sure if u knew about that stuff beforehand, this whole thing wud make sense and it'll be like piecing together a puzzle...
fun... lol
no i'm not a nerd, don't judge me
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Lots of old people. Empty Ummmm thats was....

Post  Allan Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:36 pm

K I am actually reading this whole thing word for word becasue hey who wants to do accounting!! Lol

Wow, over 900 years old.. I wonder If they aged differently, Like when there 100 years old they look like a 20 year old or 15, I don't know but that would be cool. Imagine you 100 years old and you hit puberty...EWWW

Personally I think I would have gone crazy if I lived that long in today's society, Just seeing Generation and Generations going pass you.

k
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down