Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE

+3
Roh
JacobPk
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE Empty DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 pm

hey buds and budettes. I had such a chill school day. two subs, lunch and spare + test (which leads to the rest of the class off = rested Isaac

In this chapter, i got something from verse 16 "When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I was not aware of it."
We have to realize that God is in everything we do. Everything we do is for God. Sometimes i dont sit and think that God is working in us everyday through things that we dont notice. Like we notice the BIG things when God shows us a message but the little things, such as what ive been learning from this team. I have learned a lot and have grown through this team (and its safe to say that most of us have as well) and that's a work of God.

Have a good Wed-Nes-Day !! AND DO YOUR DEVOS!!!! Dont fall behind!!! or ill have to text you and go all drill sergeant on your ass!
E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE Empty Re: DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE

Post  JacobPk Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:05 am

Okk, so taking a break fomr homework aha. alrighty!
YAH GUYS, do your devos, atleast let us know if you're doiing them but are not posting them atleast.
tsk tsk.

Anyway Genesis 28.
This chapter just pretty much states the obvious, but we don't really focus the importance of it all. "Something Undeserved" is pretty much what this chapter talks about. Just when Jacob is about to lose heart, God who was ALWAYS there appears to him, showing him Grace. I think we need to be reminded, constantly that it is God who does everything for us, big or small just liek hwo Isaac said.
Thats ia ll i got fomr this chapter.

Have a good wednesday! Ciao
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

DO YOUR DEVOS PEOPLE Empty GENESIS 28 - Stairway to Heaven

Post  Roh Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:07 am

Check your emails guys! I talked about the praise team retreat this weekend and it should answer any questions you may have. But if you still have questions, call me and we can work it out!

So...in this chapter, it talks about the "Stairway to Heaven". Cliche? I know. But kinda cool, still. Jacob has this dream where he saw God at the top of the stairway that reached from the earth all the way up into heaven. And God simply said that He would not leave us until He has given us what He has promised. Kind of cool actually, because if you read the Bible thoroughly, God/Jesus promises us MANY things. Eternal life, joy, love, many blessing, etc., just to name a few. Looking forward to my death bed; I'll be laying there, having fulfilled all these things that God has promised me. But I think when you get to that point, you'll just know that God has used you and you'll be so happy to be in that great place.

More applicably speaking, strive to fulfill YOUR promises that you've made to God as well. You'll see that little by little, by you doing what God has asked you to do and living that life that is holy, God will give you little by little, more and more each day.

Have a great Wednesday!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:27 am

Genesis 28

v.15 "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go..."

Lately, in the past chapters, I've personally felt that I didn't learn new things. However, this verse really stuck out to me, especially today. So, I was in dance troupe afterschool today, and we were doing lifts. The coach was talking about pliées and attitude kicks, and I didn't understand what he was talking about. There was a jump and lift that this girl was trying to teach me, and I was basically soo horrible; I continuously fell on the ground, could not jump high enough for her to catch me, etc. By the end, I did manage to successfully do one lift right, and I was so happy. I guess the frustration was really hard to deal with. I'm not sure how I'm going to tie this story into the verse, but I feel that, often times, we think that we're alone in the midst of our struggles, and try to get through them by our method. We all know that we should be trusting in God, but it's just hard sometimes because we might be insecure and afraid to take that leap of faith. In this verse, God ensures Jacob that He is always with him. Not only are we protected by God, but He watches us individually.

Also, this verse could apply to us when we sin. God is always watching, but we convince ourselves that maybe God isn't there that one time when we are sinning. It's not that God will punish us when He sees that we are sinning, but God is always aware of what we are doing. As people who come together every weekend to worship God and have fellowship with other Christians, we definitely need to reflect on our lives and see how we could motivate ourselves to live solely for God.

Check your e-mails!
-D
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:28 am

I cannot wait for this week to be OVER. Goodness gracious. BLAHHH. Hahaha.

GENESIS 28

verse 16: When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I was not aware of it."

How often does this occur to us, when only by some "miraculous sign" or great epitome do we realize that God is with us, ALWAYS. Especially in our fast-paced, busy, busy lives, it's so easy to not even have that awareness about us but I think it's important that we push for always being conscious of His presence. Look out for it, on the regular. I mean, He won't always reveal himself through spectacular miracles, but I really like it when Sam talks about looking for the little miracles God's been carrying out in our lives, because with some thought, you'll find them everywhere. That's gonna be my challenge for this week, to be more aware and look out for areas where He's really working in my life that I might not have even recognized.

Oh, also, my mum always tells me that it's the neatest when she writes down her prayer requests and with time, gets to look back at what and how her prayers were answered. I always thought the idea was cool but kept putting it off, but I think I'm gonna start doing it.

Yep.

HAPPY WEDNESDAYS.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:58 am

Good evening pals Smile
haha i told myself id do my devos before12 today and it is currently 11:47 so we'll see how long it takes me to type this out
lol just a side note, denise i read your little rant yesterday about the amazingness of the pho stuff they have at thai express. I LOVE THAT STUFF. and so today i was deliberating what i should by for dinner to reward my hours of math cramming at the library, and i saw thai express andi had to get it and i think it was the most amazing food experience of my life. Partly cuase i had barely eaten all day, and i was really cold and all that good pho soup warmed me up. MMMMMMM
wow sorry about my food rant.

but anyhooo
So Jacob falls asleep and in his dream a staircase opens up to heaven, and he sees God's angels and God tells him the many blessings he will give unto him. Not gonna lie, im kinda jealous. i wish i had dreams of stairways to heaven and my God-given blessings. I don't know about you guys, but i've never really had an experience like this and I think sometimes we get discouraged when we read stories lke this like "why doesn't God ever talk to me that clearly?" But I think I vaguely remember saying that God used prophecies and more out-of-this-world experiences like taht in the old testament because it waas kind of a way to get information out to humanity, since God knew that these things were going to be put in the bible for hundreds to read. But now, God has gotten his message across through thousnads of years of funky spiritual experiences like taht, and really, I guess we can consider ourselves lucky becuase we know all of the teachings, wisdoms, parables, etc. that God intended for us to know and learn and shape our lives with. instead of huge staircase dreams and angels and such, we have small miracles. Everyday God works in us and the people around us; and those in themselves are miracles, they're evidence of God's love and his tremendous power. I think this passage in a very strange way gave me a greater appreciation for scripture. Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:38 pm

I really like this Esau character tbh... I mean, he heard Isaac give a blessing to Jacob to not marry a Canaanite woman, and just because he heard his father say that, he married another woman who was not a Canaanite. I mean, except for the fact that Esau practiced polygamy, I think he's a great guy overall. Now, i'm not sure of Esau's intentions and where his heart lay in making this choice, but I like the fact that Esau is trying to look good in the eyes of his father, it shows he cares.
OTher than this... I haven't really deduced much from this Chapter...
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down