Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 7 and a little foreword...

4 posters

Go down

Genesis 7 and a little foreword... Empty Genesis 7 and a little foreword...

Post  julian Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:18 pm

I'm glad that things were fair last Sunday, in terms of the set. Thanks for everyone's help, but I'd like to talk about a few things before I dive into tonight's devotion.

Please, please, please be on top of your devos! That might even include me from time to time; with Kevin, Grace, and Billy now gone, it's really most of us who aren't the most trained praise members along with Jacob for this praise team. Realize that we're all going to be leading a retreat really soon, and the last thing I can do as a member of this team. Of course I'll be leaving and I may drop in once a while to fill in while Patrick's still learning, but you guys are the future praise team - all of you! Let's all set an example of how we should truly act as a team - and one that worships God... and the overall 'chemistry' of this team just doesn't exist.

In fact, the last thing before I go off to college is to make sure that we as a team seek higher goals and grow even further in this journey, even though so many members of this team are gone.

I'll make an email about this fairly soon when Kevin submits me a response about something. Please be ready for this retreat!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 7 and a little foreword... Empty Re: Genesis 7 and a little foreword...

Post  julian Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:35 pm

By the way, as I've said before, this book's 50 chapters or so in length. Be prepared to finish this...
I'd hate to start something and never get it donee! Although I might leave the team for college, it's more than likely I'll join you in devotions, seeing as I'll need to refresh my faith on a daily basis!

The flood story... perceived as a classic to us, and probably one of the many fairy tales in the bible as by my proud skeptic Atheist friend. Again, as close as God was to Noah, he gave Noah all instructions and was just so clear about what was going to happen and all that; really reminds me of how close I am to God... not as close as Noah was, for sure. Noah was one of God's chosen men to lead the generations to come, always doing what God asked! Now that's a man of God for you!

God's power is just so revealing in this chapter too... all this fear from how all livestock, wildlife, and everything that has breath be dead! As scary this may be, God had to do it because of the dangers he was noticing that would evolve into great chaos! But man, at times when I read this, it can be a bit on the frustrating side WHY God chose to do this; however, our purpose here isn't to question God's ways, because we're aware that he is sovereign and always true to what he is and does! He trusts us, so why not trust him? Then again, how do we know if we're right?

Not too much I got from this chapter, but I'd like to hear what everyone else has to say! ;D
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:04 am

Wasssup guys!

I wondered... how did Noah talk to all these animals, like ALL of them... and what are the clean animals and which ones are duuuurty? LOL

There's no specific verse that stoood out, although i really like the story of Noah, enjoyed reading it again.
I can only imagine Noah trying to tell EVERYONE that the earth is going to be flooded. Sounds ridiculous right?
But there's the part where it says Noah did everything the LORD had commanded, which takes balls
and a crap load of faith to do. First of all... How can the whole EARTH be floooded? Think about it! Imagine you were able to tread water for so long that you could reach the clouds haaaa...
This is the POWER of God and the WRATH of God.

Amazing.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:22 am

Hey guys! I just got a phone today... the plan i wanted only comes with bbcurve... so no bold ): but still, for a first phone... thats greaatt! so imma need numbers and for most of us, my PIN is 26C586D7... Just sayan!

Today's passage is again one of the most famous passages in the bible. There's actually not very much I learned from here... yaa... sorry.. im really not getting anything from it...

anyways... good night and i hope to see you guys on saturday...

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Hey guys, got home pretty late yesterday. :$
So, I'll be posting tonight, for today and yesterday's devo.
(:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:13 pm

KDVJSLKVJ I'm having a good days, guys. I got shoes and it was rainy but that's fine! Very Happy Woooo! SOYEAH!

5 And Noah did all that the LORD commanded him.

Just wanted to mention that the same line from the last chapter can be found in this one. There's a real emphasis on this line. Nothing much more that I wanted to say!

And I didn't get to much from this whole story but wow, what an honor it must have been to be one of the VERY VERY FEW survivors of a massive flood that lasted a hundred and fifty days!
Like, Noah but have been a super follower or something... and look how old this man was!
Sorry, he seems like a pretty amazing guy to me!

But yeah, that's all I've got! On to the next!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down