Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 6 (August 6)

3 posters

Go down

Genesis 6 (August 6) Empty Genesis 6 (August 6)

Post  Esther Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Okay, so I thought this HILARIOUS joke is very relevant to the passage and I probably already told you but....
"Do you need an ark?" No...why? "Because... I NOAH guy" -buhdum chhh- Wink Ohyeahhh, you like that.
LOL

And I know today is a Saturday and we don't usually do devos, but I just felt like we've been lacking spiritually, and might as well, pick up on it now! You guys don't have to post today.. You can post on monday but I just wanted to do one today. I'm not crazy, I swear!

And sorry for the lack of posts lately. I haven't been having the greatest week. A lot of random arguments happened with my family and it was just overall, really... hectic.
BUT ON THE BRIGHTSIDE! I'm going to Taste of the Danforth today! Yummmm. (:

Anyway, here's my devo!

First of all... did you guys notice how it said God was sorry he ever made us?
Yikes, I wonder how bad humans must have been for God to have said that. I mean, I thought we were bad now... imagine how bad they must have been for God to have wanted to wipe 'em all out??
Kinda sucks to think about... :S

22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him.
I know this is a pretty simple verse but I noticed it said "EVERYTHING just as God commanded".
I don't know about you guys, but I'm always looking for shortcuts or find a loophole...
Okay, not ALL the time but sometimes!

Anyway, so I just thought it was interesting how Noah simply did what God asked of him, without any questions. And it's not like building a giant ark is a simple task. What a trooper, eh? Hahah
And the fact that he did it all without skipping anything or giving little effort. He did EXACTLY what God told him to. Nothing less.

And then I noticed something else? Noah found favour in God and he was rewarded, that's obvious, but then so was his family and their families! And from that, I just got that if you are a good follower of God, the people around you will also receive your blessings?
Okay, I don't know if it actually works like that, but generally, if I'm strong spiritually, it seems like my family is having good times too!

Right?
Right.

Soyeah! That's what I got! Peace, dawwgs! (:

Oh, and I wanted to mention, that you should do devos because it's something you WANT to do! Something to help you get closer to God... not as a chore.
Just something to remember! Hahaha
Hope you guys had a great week, btw!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 6 (August 6) Empty Re: Genesis 6 (August 6)

Post  julian Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Nice devo, Esther! Did you actually make up the joke yourself? Clever, clever, clever.... Very Happy

The fact that Noah is blameless also sets a very good role-model of what we should really be, as far as I'd like to be! He walked with God while having a family - one of the most spiritually-connected people. Man, Noah loved what he was doing, and so did God! That really reminded me in that our lives revolve around worship; everything that happens is FOR God! If it wasn't for Noah's great character, I'm sure we wouldn't have existed in the first place.

One thing to note is that when God is so connected with Noah, he gives Noah the clearest instructions from the tiniest detail on the boat to how many people and animals he should bring. More than half the time, I find that we might not even get God's clearest instructions, or if we really do, at least for me, I might even ignore them. Why? It really goes to show that at times, while I don't care, God always does and wants to do everything in his power to help us in our walk with him! It's hard to say, but following all of his commandments sure takes a load of commitment; but Noah was able to. Noah might be seen as an under-rated individual even, by some people (considering he's just an ark-builder). But Noah was truly a MAN OF GOD! Man, a good inspiration...

Yeah Esther, after reading that post about how God was sorry he made us, man I had some baddd chills Neutral
Hope all goes well with your family! Very Happy

See you all tomorrow. We'll talk about what'll go on next week.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:58 am

i shall post today because im away monday to friday aha ill be back on saturday for practice though so no worries! Smile
the passage we read today is, like julian said, chilling. because t talks about ohw God was SORRY he ever made human beings, so sorry that he was willing to kill off all of his precious children he created because they were so so evil. It talks about lust and other sins comitted by humans, and how shamefully sinful these acts were. But i was thinking, that if tat was horrible to God when time began, and society has become every more sinful and full of corrupt people, then how horrible do you think God thinks these batch of humans are??! and i think it is becoming progressively worse. This scares me! this is why thework of missionaries are so important and evangelism is something that is great. This is what is figting against the downwards spiral of our world. Razz i know wat im saying is pretty dramatic and watnot but thats what i think about this passage. It is tragic how muc sin has become a part of our culture, so i think im gunna try and keep me as pure as possible and pray to God that hell bring wisdom to me! Smile
then comes the story of noah. he's an example of a blameless pure person! but what stuck out to me was that he listened to exactly what God said and instructed him to do, with great faith! i want to stive to have faith like that and actually listen to God. Like weve learned before, praying isnt just about talking to God, its about listening to Him as well.. because conversations are two way streets and praying is a conversation.
well thats all for today! night guys Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down