Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 20 May 30th

5 posters

Go down

Luke 20 May 30th Empty Luke 20 May 30th

Post  Kevin Mon May 30, 2011 8:08 pm

aggaggahahaggahhaghahah
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 20 May 30th Empty Re: Luke 20 May 30th

Post  julian Mon May 30, 2011 9:47 pm

Hey all!
To be honest guys, I feel excited for university but even more so lazy for school, ugh. Laziness is killing me now, haha, so definitely keep me in prayer! Smile And for those who prayed for my university issues, I thank you guys a lot - I'm sure God'll do great things no matter where I go, and I hope to continue to shine light on others and to be shined upon by others! Smile

Verses 1 to 8 essentially tell me this: how little that we reveal, God will reveal the same. Jesus didn't reveal an answer when the elders did not. All the elders were doing was evading a simple question because of shame, and Jesus never answered either. It tells me a little bit that how much respect we give to Jesus, he, with the Lord's righteous judgment, can refuse to do certain things for us - it seemed to be a good reminder for me.

Verse 18 seems to tell me that sin really does have the potential to have a domino effect. Something that causes you to sin has consequences, which continue to cause more consequences for others. I'm sure it illustrates how simply shouting at a person without any love could be so painful and lead to other things - and what would be the root of that? The stone is what the verse talks about, I think.

I'm not completely certain as to what the Parable of the Vineyard Owner is suggesting. To my eyes, I see it as though to a certain extent, the farmer isn't so affected, sending up to 3 slaves. When it came to his son though, the farmer became frustrated and decided to take revenge and give the vineyard to others. I believe that God always continues to provide the best for us - and is first, although it might not seem so. God sent his best - Jesus - and killing him out of no reason, for the simple desire of inheritance, would seem just purely sinful - unforgivable to God's eyes, which is making me think whether there is something called 'Unforgivable sin.'

There's a verse that I'm still reflecting on - number 25. Give back to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.

There's quite a lot that I also read, I might post a little later to see what else I can add.

Take care! Very Happy
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon May 30, 2011 10:48 pm

“What do you suppose the owner of the vineyard will do to them?” Jesus asked. 16 “I’ll tell you—he will come and kill those farmers and lease the vineyard to others.”
im not sure if i read this part of the parable wrong, but it seems like God is saying to kill people who have done wrong agaisnt you. This brought me to my next question or confusion: aren't we supposed to forgive people who have done wrong against us? because God forgives us and who are we to say that their wrong is worse than our wrong or who are we to take away their life? we are all sinners on the same level. right? right! so im a teensy bit confused on this one! help anyone?
honestly this whole chapter was a bit confusing for me o.O
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon May 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Jennifer, I'm not too sure on that either, but read what I got, it might help?

It's making me think as to whether sending slaves - or even God's own son was enough to pay for our own mistakes - and doing so in vain would probably bring us into hell after all, because the Lord does want us to see and realize what he has done... Leasing the vineyard to others almost seems like as if other people will go into the kingdom of heaven if we do not.

This is what I think, this is a good discussion!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue May 31, 2011 12:24 am

24 “Show me a Roman coin. Whose picture and title are stamped on it?”
“Caesar’s,” they replied.

25 “Well then,” he said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.”

26 So they failed to trap him by what he said in front of the people. Instead, they were amazed by his answer, and they became silent.

Hahaa I loved this passage so much because of two reasons! Number 1, because Jesus wrecked Caesar's men, and number 2, because it is absolutely true. The fface on the coin was Caesar's face so it belongs to him but give what God's is to God. Now that part was amazing. I wondered before, what is God's that we give to him? The answer is OURSELVES. Who's face are we made from? There are many verses in the bible to back up that WE are made in GOD's image. God's face is on us, therefore, we give ourselves to God for it is rightfully his and it is what he deserves. When we give ourselves to God, we devote our lives to him. We do everything in his name so that he will smile upon our actions.

Yeah that's what I got
Good night guys.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue May 31, 2011 1:42 am

Ugh, sorry in advance for this devo seeming a little slvkjdslkv. I'm a tad bit tired and stressed out.

Anyway,
23 He saw through their trickery and said, 24 “Show me a Roman coin.[b] Whose picture and title are stamped on it?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

25 “Well then,” he said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.”

What I enjoy about these verses is how it's almost got a bit of witty humor in it, as opposed to all the seriousness found all throughout the bible.
Anyway, I think these verses are of my favourites. I love how fair this is. Give what belongs to one, to him. And like Kevin said, the most important thing to be able to give back to God is ourselves. We were given these bodies to do God's work. The least we can do, is that.

Sorry, that my devos have been so on and off these past couple of weeks, btw. A bunch of random things have been happening lately, and none of them were so good. All I can hope is that through all of this, I can become even more faithful. There isn't much to tell you guys but I ask that you pray for me, if you get the chance.

I hope you guys have a good week. Goodnight.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue May 31, 2011 1:52 am

Hey guys... sorry for posting so late... i had to do this project for school... obviously, procrastination wasn't the best way to do things...

46 "Watch out for the religion scholars. They love to walk around in academic gowns, preen in the radiance of public flattery, bask in prominent positions, sit at the head table at every church function.47 And all the time they are exploiting the weak and helpless. The longer their prayers, the worse they get. But they'll pay for it in the end."

In these verses, there is still hints of Jesus calling out certain parties for being hypocrites or "fake" Christians. When we boast our religion, are we really doing what we can for it? We might like to stand out or over achieve amongst our crowd, but there's a point where we're no longer good enough to put ourselves at where we are at and thats where it's important to take a step back. Stop acting to look better, but instead try to work up to that point. It'll be much more worth it in the end to receive deserved respect rather than bought respect. Besides that, I don't have much to say. So goodnight!

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down