Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 16 March 14

+2
Grace
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 16 March 14 Empty 1 Corinthians 16 March 14

Post  Kevin Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:28 pm

The LAST chapter of Corinthians.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 16 March 14 Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 16 March 14

Post  Grace Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:32 pm

So for today's chapter 2 verses really stood out to me:

Verse 13-14
"be on your guard; stand firm in faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love."

This pretty much sums up the book of 1 Corinthians in my opinion. Be strong in faith and be on your guard. Stay strong in the Lord and do anything, IN LOVE. Beautiful words, great message Smile
this truly is somethin to live by, kinda like a motto? :p hehe

Also in the very beginning of the chapter I got that it's important to give offering on Sunday. I'm sure some of us have jobs or something, so let's try to give what we can, even if it's just the minimum of 10%. This is something I need to work on. At first you may be forced to or because you've done it as long as I have, it became a routine... But hopefully just like devos, it'll become something we do because we WANT to do it.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:05 am

I agree with what Grace discussed... everything that comes out of our own fruit should be done with love. Even if it's anger, THAT too is especially a manifestation of love, even though we don't seem to realize it. And as for being strong in our faith, it's WHY we should read our bible - the one text that our faith is based on. If we don't have knowledge, we don't have the capability of defending our faith from others... and remember that link with my friend in it? Yes, his comments are a bit outrageous... even for me as I go through this process on a regular school basis... -___- it's annoying, but I guess the defense of our faith is another thing to consider.

- Julian.

Meeting up with my Québec friends tomorrow... and hopefully everything goes smoothly. Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 am

Other than verse 13-14
i also found 22.

If anyone does not love the Lord-a curse be on him. Come, Oh Lord!
This is pretty striaght forward. It means that if you do not love Jesus Christ and accpet him,
then he will not accept you and you will not be accpeted into the kingdom of heaven.
So to avoid that, we should TRY to believe and always know that he is our Saviour.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:27 am

SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN A WHILE GUYS.
I didn't realize we had to do one for Friday and Saturday and Sunday I was at the cottage!

Anywaay, I'll make sure to do these next few to the best of my ability and more! (:
1 Corinthians 16
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.
Wow, this is definitely a verse I need to remember! Motivation!
I realize that almost everyone so far, has done this verse but I really do think that we should remember to do everything in love. And the rest, Grace basically said. So, I guess that's it!

Farewell, First Corinthians! (:

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:29 am

13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous.[c] Be strong. 14 And do everything with love.
An encouraging verse haha i dont have much to say about this, but reading it makes me feel,,,,, i dunno! stronger? encouraging is the only word i can say would describe it. its a good verse to remember. yuup
night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down