Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 1 Jan 31

3 posters

Go down

Romans 1 Jan 31 Empty Romans 1 Jan 31

Post  Kevin Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Romans 1 Jan 31 Empty Re: Romans 1 Jan 31

Post  Kevin Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Hey guys, hope your week so far has been good!
Here's what I got from Romans 1.

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.t 19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.

The people in this passage knew EVERYTHING that God had done for them because he made it completely obvious whereas for us, it is not. But these people took God for granted. Even though they knew 100% that God existed and did great things for them, they pushed him aside and turned to their sinful and evil ways. They made idols even though they knew God existed and relied only on themselves. The people in this time were able to see Jesus walk the Earth with them and I'm sure that we all know that without faith, there can't be doubt. They literally saw Jesus and chose to go their own ways. It's different for us, we never saw Jesus so yes, there definitely is doubt. But there is definitely also faith. But I'm not saying that just because we may have small doubts of God, we should live wrongly and say " since I'm not sure God is there, I should live like it's not our fault we indulge in sin because we never SAW God unlike the people in the past". Instead, we should live with the mentality that even though we never saw our God, living a life that satisfies God is much more meaningful because we're not believing through our five senses, we're believing through faith. And to be honest, I think to believe in God through faith, is much more meaningful than to believe through sight.

25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.

This verse stuck out to me a lot because I realized that we can get very carried away with the things that God created and not give God the full undivided attention that he deserves. God created this world, and this world has so much sin to offer up to us. Our world is full of sin and things that bring us pleasure. But we shouldn't love the world, we should love our God and everything we do here, should be for God. For example, as we are all in the praise team, we sometimes may get carried away in the music that we forget it's ALL about God. I think we're honestly so blessed to have the privilege of leading others into worship, and we should definitely not take this for granted, and focus on God only. Always remember, it's not about the music at all, a praise team that isn't as musically good but with LOTS of passion towards God, is better than a praise team that is musically talented but with not much passion because remember, at the end of the day, everything we do is for God, not for us.

Haha that's what I got from this chapter!
See you guys Friday!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:28 pm

First of all how was everyones week!
finally exams are done -_-

Romans 1
To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and form the Lord Jesus Christ.

This verse spoke to me when it said for those who are loved by God, grace and peace to you from God our Father and form the Lord Jesus Christ. I really thought about it, and i asked myself: Why did it say to all in "Rome"? Doesn't God love everyone and give them grace and peace? So i just thought about it and came to the conclusion that everyone is loved by our Father whether they love him back or not. And grace and peace will be brought upon everyone, not only Rome or a group of people. Everyone.

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

This verse really got me because everyday when i look around, i see Christians. Now that i think of it, how many of those Christians are not ashamed of their beliefs and strong enough to go up to anyone and tell them that they are not ashamed of the Gospel. In my perspective, not many people are patriotic about their beliefs and to see such a few amount able to stand up for their beliefs really gets to me. I even ask myself if i'm ashamed of the gospel. There are some days when i am and some when i'm not. So i think we should all not only go to church to worship and praise the Lord, but also spread the gospel to others because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. IT is our belief and we should be proud of what we live for in life and do something about it.

josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 am

HELLO guysss Smile
how were all of your mondays??? i hope they were as great as mine!
haha SO from Romans 1 i liked/learned:
6 And you also are among those Gentiles who are called to belong to Jesus Christ
I know it's a short quote but it meant a lot to me. It showed me that Jesus didnt just say "everyone is called to belong to me", Jesus called each and every one of us out of the millions of people out on Earth to be have a relationship and to be his child. This shows the tremendous care and love he has for us. And i know people keep repeating this over and over again, that God loves you, he cares for you, he really wants to be in a relatinoship with you, but truthfully, it gets kind of numbing and it doesnt really mean anything to me. I think that this passage makes it a bit more real? i guess? it warms my heart I love you
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
This reminded me of what yeni said before. She said that God shows himself to you in many ways but most of the time, people dont see it. God is always trying to show himself to you but were the ones that arent letting him do so. We all say that it's hard to believe in Jesus becauyse we can't see him and we dont' have proof. I think that yes, it is hard, but if we really tried to see him we would be able to. Yeni said all we have to do is ask. If we ask God, he will definately make himself more evident in your life through perfroming small and large miracles and he knows you inside and out, so he will never not be able to make you notice him. Its so easy to get and at the same time it's so hard to see Him. I don't know if that made sense... BUT it made sense to me! so yeah! Very Happy
goodnight everyone!! cheers
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:01 am

10 push ups ^
josephpaik