Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Thessalonians 2

+4
JacobPk
Kevin
Grace
Cathy
8 posters

Go down

1 Thessalonians 2 Empty 1 Thessalonians 2

Post  Cathy Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:24 pm

SWEET MARCH BREAK
haha but my march break is going to SUCK.

" 13And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe."
This verse was a great reminder that the word of God is, actually the word of God. A lot of the times we forget the sacredness of the bible. What we read every single day is a blessing, because it is, directly the word of God. So we should read it, cherish it, remember it, and apply it in our lives, because it is the word of God that directs us toward good, holy lives. Everyday I have to go to morality class which is SO BORING. It's all about the Catholic Church's beliefs on everything. And to be quite honest with you it's all repetitive. And I think I can summarize that whole course into "God is good - he gives us the ability to know what is good - so we should do good" kk now im just complaining. But anyways I notice that most of our readings and curriculum come from the CATECHISM of the Catholic Church, of random letters that the popes have written. We never even touch the bible. Which is ridiculous, because why would we read and cherish and trust the words of man, when we have the actual WORD OF GOD? The Catholics have it so wrong sometimes Razz
Anyways I'm just trying to say that we should really be grateful for the word, and take advantage of it! (not in the negative way) we are so lucky to be able to access God's word so easily. We probably have like 5 bibles at home, we can find it easily online, some of you even have it on your blackberries. So yeah let's really try to get the most of our devos Smile

off to work! see you all tmrw
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Thessalonians 2 Empty Re: 1 Thessalonians 2

Post  Grace Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:03 am

omg guys..... i have to go to school tomorrow for first............ and i have no ride to go home ri ght after
cause that ride... IS SKIPPING.... -.-
i just got back from a hockey game... and im actually so hyper xD

it was a good chapter
but ill admit i didnt get too much from it... like specifics....

3We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing. 4Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.
5All this is evidence that God's judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.

its evident that we need to love one another and grow in faith and to accept Christ as Lord to go to heavennn ^^

hope everyones excited for the breakkkk ! have a good march break and ill see you all on sunday Very Happy
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:52 am

8 It gives us new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord.

When we have strong faith in our god, we experience new life.
Not exactly as in NEW born but experecing a life that we havent seen before.
I guess that new life could also refer to having a new eternal life with God after death.
Haha either way, both is Good, remember always to have strong faith in god even in hardest times!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:43 am

6We were not looking for praise from men, not from you or anyone else.

Remember it's never about us. Make sure you pray these kind of prayers, it breaks down yoru pride and shows you humility.
It never was abotu us and it never will be. Sometimes it can get ahead of us and we credit ourselves for this praise and music, but
we have to constantly remind ourselves it is God who gave us these gifts and we're just giving back.

encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

This verse is comforting, lettign me know that i was chosen to lead worship and to be a servant for God.
You know when sometimes you ask questions about why you're doign what?
This verse shows us that in the end it's worth it because it's all for God Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:56 am

I really need to knock when I am going into the baby's room...anyways

We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God's Good News but our lives, too.

The thing about Christianity is, it's heavily around the concept of a relationship. It's a relationship not only between God, but the people who are around you. It's a door to people's hearts, and it creates bonds. Anyone can spew out religious facts, and messages, but it's different when you try to invite people into you own personal lives.

that is all

good luck to you all tmrw
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:10 am

"11 So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do."

ill be doing my devos on "being called" tomorrow. Hopefully i can get some wisdom enough to live up to the topics weight

thats all i got from todays short chpater!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:35 am

Hey guys, I KNOW it's not a good reason but I was making
a Very Important B day Vid for my friend... HAHA SORRY GUYS

and I found this verse RELE interesting

On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts.

God, who tests our hearts...
I always thought that way... God is testing us daily or if not more. I was talking to a christian friend of mine and
he was rele depressed... And it was actually today that i told him... God is testing us daily and sometimes more, he
wants to see how much you deserve to be with him... You need to have a strong spirit and by being depressed, your
not showing a strong spirit... and my friend told me, it was true and somehow he felt better after... I'm shocked...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:01 pm

woahh sorry for the late post
i was feeling really sick so i slept
but i did do my devos