Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 5

+3
Kevin
Grace
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Galatians 5 Empty Galatians 5

Post  Isaac Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:20 pm

yee
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Galatians 5 Empty Re: Galatians 5

Post  Grace Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:34 pm

i like how todays chapter was all about freedom and the fruits of the spirit Smile
it reminded me of native missions this past summer... haha

1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
i loved the first verse. it says that Christ set us free, so we dont need to be burdened by the weight of sin again.

BUT !!!!

13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature[a]; rather, serve one another in love.
Here its saying that we shouldnt take advantage of that freedom. just because we've been set free doesnt mean we should sin any more without a care because Jesus died for us. Sin is still serious, and we need to make that effort to reduce the amounts of times we sin. We can go to heaven with faith, but while we are still living we still need to try to live the way God wants us to, in love. We need to help eachother out and keep on the straight path to God! I kept thinking about yesterdays sermon. This is why a community is so important. We help eachother stay on the right path.

hope you guys had a good day! back to school tomorrow ~ hahahaha
have a good week guys
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:58 pm

hey guys! happy family day!!!!

2 Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ will be of no benefit to you.

I realized that alot of religions say that you must do this and that to gain salvation.
This verse says that you dont need to do specific things to be right with God because Jesus already died for us.
They said that if we are relying on so many rules to gain salvation, what was the point of Jesus dying?
Jesus died so that we wouldnt have to be so bent on rules, that we would have freedom.
Salvation is something was given to us by the grace of God, not something that we have to earn.
The generousity of God is so amazing that he would give us salvation for only the return of our love.
And that's the very least that we could do
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:11 am

"and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law."
KEY
like sam talked about, its not JUST stopping the sin its about keeping the sin stopped for a long time
Just like AA meetings (ahaa...) they always say "sober for ____ weeks". They dont say "ive been sober..." Its the keeping it off part thats important!

great chapter, it covers the nitty gritty part of sin

hope you guys got a lot from this chapter! have a nice short week : )

isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 am

Holy smokes, there's so many sick verses and things to capture in this chapter...

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."
The way we can do this is by sharing and being community to those who need Jesus. We can express our faith by sharing it to others and Jesus being love is the only thing that counts.

13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature[a]; rather, serve one another in love.
Don't sin because you are now free, don't abuse it, don't go around sinning THINKING God will just forgive you right after... cause if you do, God will kick your ass. Instead, i like how it says we should serve each other. We haven't done this much, btu we should start encouraging more within our praise and just serving each other. That way we can be humble and stay humble!

16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Is it talking about the Holy Spirit?

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
I love this.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:05 am

Allo everyone!
So I definetly have low iron. or something wrong with my body that makes me tired ALL THE TIME. So, I'm on my healthy eating thing again. More protein, more vegggies and less junk! ahha (me and mimi PIGGED OUT on valentines day) I plan on making this week kick-butt.

I agree with Jacob, this chapter was awesome!

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."
Paul said this after he was talking about circumcision and how useless it was in the eyes of God. He reminds us that the only thing that God looks for is FAITH, and that we can't have faith unless we express it through love. haha remember that youtube version of a song that jacob sent us? i dont even remember which song it was but during the instrumental the cool guy with the accent said 'talk is cheap'? hahah even though Christianity special in that we dont attain salvation through works, it is through our faith that we should DESIRE to act in love. If we dont' desire to act, then that means that we probably don't have faith at all.

" 13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature[a]; rather, serve one another in love. 14The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[b] 15If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."
This verse is always great to read, because it makes us reflect on our relationships with those around us, and it forces us to ask ourselves if we are really showing others love. I know that there are a lot of people in my life that I can think of that I should be loving more.. This is one of the greatest commanmdents, so we should take it seriously. Jesus loved us all - sinners, non-sinners, even those that betrayed him, he loved and forgave. And as followers of Jesus we should aspire to do the same. Smile

Have a great TUESDAY, everyone!
And happy family day!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:21 am

Hey guys, I wanted to share with u guys today... Also, i'm
ahead of u guys so I'll come down for u guys...

Ummmm, didnt tell u guys in person but I learned something from this TODAY....
I told you about my friend doing stuff and how i talked to sam and stuff but, I RELE
got to realize today... So, My friend's been doing drugs and her Bf, I introduced to her
so both of them are RELE close friends... and so the girl told me she's been doing drugs
and told me not to tell anyone and I was RELE confused on wat to do. so i talked to sam
and he and i talked for a while. and he told me the story about the girl in the reserve and
he told me. I need to go tell her parents of her BF. If her BF finds out, he would tell her
parents so either one is good. and sam told me that. I knew what the right thing to do was
but it was RELE hard... So sam told me, After you tell her parents, she will HATE me but it
depends on the extent of our Friendship. in situations like this, you have to put your friendship
on the line. Sometimes, if you want to be a good friend, you have to sacrifice your friendship...
And so I told her Bf and we are going to tell her parents soon. And at the same time, he broke up
with her and she rele yelled at me but i dunt think she rele cared about the BF. I also told her
i was gonna tell her parentsand yea, she rele hates both of us right now... It rele did hurt tho...
But what i learned was True Sacrifice. Not the Animal and life taking sacrifices. And I thought
and thought, imagine what jesus would have felt like... He's doing something to help us and forgive
us but people are Mocking AND KILLING HIM!!! Sometimes, u have to sacrifice something
great to bring something good... My friend and I had rele good times but After talking to sam and
many people, I think wat I'm doing is right...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 am

good job billy
Isaac
Isaac