Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 1

+3
Isaac
Kevin
Grace
7 posters

Go down

Galatians 1 Empty Galatians 1

Post  Grace Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:02 pm

hello ^.^
so pretty much, i had a good day... and right now...im stressing over my courss selection for next year.. but it actually doesnt look bad Smile
hopefully ill get the easier stuff in first sem.. cause ill be in korea for two weeks before the winter break :S HAHAHHA yee .

10Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
This was a really strong verse for me. We tend to get so caught up in everything.. especially in highschool we have reputations and a lot of things are marked as "embarassing" "uncool" and we always seem to need to impress.
But in the midst of all of that.... we loose sight of God. We're so busy trying to make everyone else happy, try to get acceptance from others that we forget about God! When do we think "omg... i need to impress God today. I need to watch what I say, do, act" When do we try that hard and when is it constantly on our mind to get God's approval? Ive been trying harder lately, but I still have a long way to go. We need to seek God's approval. Does the opinion of this world matter? What could be so important when everthing we need and want.. comes from God. Isnt our father the one we need to truly impress? Imagine what our reputation is with God. We're so not worthy of even having this chance, but He still gives it to us.

alrighttt, so yes.... awesome chapter...
time for my workout! ill be back to read your posts laterrr Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Galatians 1 Empty Re: Galatians 1

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 pm

6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ.s You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

We are human so we win ALL the time. there is never a day where we dont sin and sometimes, our sin might even be subconcious.
On verse 6, where it says that we all follow Christ but we do it in a dfferent way that pretends to be good.
I reflected on that part and i thought, yeah sometimes i do sin but i usually have an excuse. I did this BUT only because i needed to this and what not. But i really shouldnt be doing that at all. I should never say "i sinned because". Once i say "I sinned", its over. There is no but, there is no because, there should just be a "And im sorry" Because I feel guilt from sin, like everyoneelse, i try to stretch the sin and make it look beter than it really is. But God knows our first and true intentions so I wanna try to accept that sin is sin and once ive done it, theres nothing i can do except try to not continue it and ask for forgiveness.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 am

"“The one who used to persecute us is now preaching the very faith he tried to destroy!”"
a recurring theme or "archetypal" criticism (thats for you allan Wink ) that comes up in the Bible is that God uses the "worst" or "scrum" of the bunch. Theres obvious reasons for this. Like to explain that anyone can be great, anyone can be used and the list goes on. However, the fact that some of them were not very qualified means they worked very hard.
Were not qualified musicians, were not qualified leaders. Were high school students that come together on a friday to sing 3 songs a week.
Put that into perspective, arent we all just the "scrum"? BUT WERE AWESOME ahaha... But obviously with God's grace and mercy we are allowed to praise him on Friday, Sunday, and everyday. Hence AW- Always worship

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:34 am

Good Devos guys!
I kind of got the same thing as Grace, especially for us, everything is so caught up it's hard to just focus on God all the time.
It's a terrible excuse, but it's something i'm working on, and organization skills may have to come into play!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:58 am

Hey guys! Sorry again this is so late. i love first period spare.
this week is job-hunt week for cathy pak! wish me luck!

"If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."
Ohho i like this verse. It reminds us that we can't really do both. We can't serve man AND God. Sort of like how we can't serve God and money at the same time. A lot of the times we try to fool ourselvse into thinking that we can, but that just comes from our inability to accept the fact that we shouldn't be trying to please the world... Because we're so bound by the world its a heavy concept to accept.. but we should all be reflecting and focusing our priorities that we may be Christ's servant, and be free from the expectations of the world.
DOes this mean i can finally be a beatnick hippie and grow dreadlocks? Very Happy
haha jkes. good night everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 am

Hey sorry guys, I fell asleep when I came home... I woke up early
to do this guys... SICK!!!

10Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

After all, we're not here to worship men, we're here to worship god... So if we
were to please anybody, it should be god. and If we were to please any men,
we would please men that are in need to please god... As servent of chirst, we
shouldnt rele think about wat others think about us but to think about wat christ
wants us to do.

This chapter is the summerization of paul's life I guess, like how god had transformed him...
He was first one of the biggest jewish hunter... persecuting them for no reason at alll and then
god had lightned him up and purified him... After that he went to many synagogues to teach the
ways of christ...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:11 pm

I am not ogin to be able to post till sat or sun, cause my laptop broke. I am at school right now at journalsim
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down