Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LUKE 20

+2
Billy Kim
Cathy
6 posters

Go down

LUKE 20 Empty LUKE 20

Post  Cathy Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:16 pm

"Then give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."
The spies asked Jesus this question because they were trying to trick him - ha. well they failed. I like this story because it shows that Jesus doesn't want to turn us against the government or anything, because really, Jesus doesn't care about money. The spies were probabaly hoping that Jesus would say that you shouldn't pay taxes to Caesar but like. to Jesus himself or something. But like Jesus said, it is Caesar's face that is on that coin - and really, neither Jesus or God need money to do anything. So let Caesar have what he wants from the people. But God wants something more - he wants our hearts, he wants our love and he wants us to use our gifts to glorify him.

46"Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. 47They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."
Jesus warns especially of these 'teachers of the law', who form the elite, the respected people in a community. They even get the most important seats in the synagogues, which suggests that they think that they are holier than other people, and they make lengthy prayers as a show. And as easy as it is for us to read this and judge them, we have to be careful not to turn into them. I mean, as a Praise Team we sort of have a different place in the church - we are the worship leaders, we go up there every sunday and call everyone worship. We're always there earlier to set up, we don't have ohanna with everyone else because we're cleaning up our equipment, we have our own forum, and even in our spare time at church we usually end up hanging out with each other. On one hand it's good that we spend a lot of time together and stuff, but the last thing we want is to have a cliquey church. Let's just be really careful that praise team serves to HUMBLE us, instead of allowing it to feed our pride and make us think that we're better than everyone else.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

LUKE 20 Empty Re: LUKE 20

Post  Billy Kim Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey guys. Working today so i thought
i'll do it b4 i go to work.... sick week and
i did well on a test today i believe...

25"Caesar's," they replied.
He said to them, "Then give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

DAME!! Caeser must had been pissed. he tried to catch jesus without going against the 'LAW'
but he couldn't. You cant out smart a god man... Caeser should watch he's back... LOL

37But in the account of the bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord 'the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.

HAHA isaac and jacob... Always together!!

38He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive."

It's so tru, when we die, that doesnt mean it's the end for us. If we live for jesus we will be
able to spend eternity with him. For those who chose not to live with god during their life time,
they will perish... God gave them a second chance and they didnt take it and god can't do anything
about that...

47They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."

Do NOT FAKE YOUR FAITH WITH GOD!! It's impossible for us to kno if people are not faking their faith but
in the end, THEY WILL BE PUNISHED!!! So dunt be like that... HAHA

Pce guys!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:48 pm

before i start my own devo, i really like what Cathy said about Cliquey churches, and how thats the last thing we want. I've been to a lot of different churches, and to be completly honest, i think Mil al is one of the churches that are doing a better job keeping cliques from forming. I know so many churches where if youre new, its hard to make friends cause everyone is already in their own groups. I think thats one of the cons of a really big church... And i also like how she said that we need to stay humble! We're not any better cause we're part of a worship team... we're all equal in God's eyes, and praising is for one purpose. PLEASE GOD! He is our only audience. We need to give Him our all and not let pride get in the way !

17Jesus looked directly at them and asked, "Then what is the meaning of that which is written: " 'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone ?
I really liked this verse. We christans are rejected by men, and Jesus was rejected too, but He became to capstone! He rose above all, died on the cross for us. The ultimate sacrifice! He conquered death, and everyone needs to lean on Jesus because HE is the key to heaven! Jesus is that bridge that connects us to heaven! I would draw you guys a diagram... but you guys get the idea? Smile

45While all the people were listening, Jesus said to his disciples, 46"Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. 47They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."
I think that this really talks about pride. THese people Jesus is talking about, are the people who love the spot light. They do things to LOOK good, as long as they get the higher seat, its all good. They fake their faith in front of God, but can you really do that? God sees you inside out, and knows your every thought. We may fool people, but we cant fool God. When we are in front of God, we become so small, because we are unworthy to be in front of Him in His awesome presence. All we can do is bow down and shake in fear because of His MIGHTY power! We shouldnt do things so that we look holy! We need to do things just because we want to and because its from the heart. We need to do it for Gods will! I find that the people in the background do such important work, those who do not seek attention, but still do such great deeds for God! We as a worship team, are leading worship. We sing, play instruments and we are in a leader position. When we play better, our pride level creeps up. But its so important that we stay HUMBLE! Who gave us that talent? Who is the one who is allowing us to do such things? We're no better than the rest of the congregation. Like isaac said, we should have no problem singing with the rest of the congregation. I went to a lot of BASIC confrences, and vision x seminars, and my mentors are from there. They're SO tight spiritually! And they told me about their struggles but they said that the most common, major thing that destroys a worship team is pride. Why? because it is the thing that takes us away from our purpose as a worship team. It goes from being all about God, to being how good we are. Our hearts get shifted over to a new focus. Let's pray for eachother, focus, ask God to keep us humble!

I was listening to
Glory- Hillsong (has such a good message) and Fall- Hillsong United
It really makes you think when you hear the lyrics.
We sang this at vision x a lot, and i really know why now. So much compassion and love for God. How we LOVE to worship Him!
When we sing lyrics to these songs, we need to know that they are life changing. There was this booklet thing I did in the summer with my mentor... and every day we chose a song. Listen to it over and over again. Write down the lyrics as we go. Play it on an instrument. Sing it! But i realize now... it was making us meditate on the lyrics. Get the meaning of it. After listening to it over and over again..... we get to know the true meaning of the words.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:34 pm

46 "Beware of these teachers of religious law! For they like to parade around in flowing robes and love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces. And how they love the seats of honor in the synagogues and the head table at banquets.47 Yet they shamelessly cheat widows out of their property and then pretend to be pious by making long prayers in public. Because of this, they will be severely punished."

This passage really says alot. Jesus talks about how there are priests and people that are more superior but they are sinners and love the attention. I can imagine that for people on hillsongs, it can be hard to be humble if everyone knows your name, loves the way you sing or play guitar. But we have to keep in mind that everything we do, like being on the praise team is for God. It isn't for special attention or so that people can see us on stage, it's all about God. We're on stage and worshipping just like everyone in the congregation but the difference is we're making music for the process of worship to begin. So as all of us are on the praise team, i'll pray that nothing will get to our heads and that we wont be cocky in any sort of way and that we put ourselves on the same level as everyone elsee if not higher hahah,.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:19 am

8 And Jesus responded, “Then I won’t tell you by what authority I do these things.”

OWNEEDDDDDD

Jesus :1
Stupid peoples: 0

25 “Well then,” he said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.”

OWNEEDDDD AGAIN

Jesus:2
Stupid peoples: 0

again, its all about being counter cultural. In this chapter, Jesus owns twice, maybe even more than twice aha. For me its easy to be swept up into the world culture. I love to buy stuff.... electronics, new clothes, new anything, FOOD I LOVE FOOD. For me, its hard to keep into perspective what i really want, or what i SHOULD want.

sorry for the short devos for the past like... 3 months.... I havent been able to write down what i read as of late

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

haha we lost another basketball game today. jeez
I was doing judging for talent show auditions and there was this one girl who played piano and sang.
Exaclty like Brooke Fraser Cathy Smile haha

I read the devo in the morning and it does get you thining more, and then i read it again on the can.

The Parable of the tenants, it says the people hwo beat up the servants and son are the pharisees but
aren't we like this too? Didn't we beat up God what gave up, rejected what God gave us, doubt what God gave us?
We're not any different from pharisees if you think about it..., but us christians do end up accepting Christ inseatd of rejecting after a period of time. I don't know it dpends how you see it.

Jesus really shows that these pharisees are hypocrites, but we are all the same.
And honestly, sometimes i do get scared, thinking God will really smite me down. We need to be careful, attempt to not be like the
pharisees. Everyone is a sinner, but taking that step forward of trying not to be is what counts!

Hey just a reminder Smile
totally not relevant.

P- Prayer and Praise, this is what we have been called to do! We are the leaders and examples!
R- Risk, it all starts with going all out for God. Easier said than done, but keep in mind God will never ask you to do anything you can't handle.
A- ALL ABOUT ABBA. our father Smile most important. not about YOU or ME, OR UNITED OR CHURCH OR TEACHERS, BUT GOD.
I- Initiative, we're all leaders, you take the first step and people will start lookin gup to you, hopefully finding the Christ in you.
S- Smile, HAVE FUN. alot of times praise will be stresed, but have FUN. NOTHING is better than worshippping God and that's all there is to it!
SO Elecs, Swing when you jam, Bass groove it up. Drums, swing those sticks, Piano twingle away. Singers, sing like it's your last Smile
E- Encourage and Endure, we are a family that needs to encourage, and through that we will be able to endure antythign God gives us!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down