Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 9 (November 25)

+3
Isaac
Cathy
Billy Kim
7 posters

Go down

Luke 9 (November 25) Empty Luke 9 (November 25)

Post  Billy Kim Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 am

i like men
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 9 (November 25) Empty Re: Luke 9 (November 25)

Post  Cathy Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Sorry I didn't do devos last night! I wasn't feeling so good and i was really upset and tired so I didn't poost, but I did read it!

As for today's chapter: one verse that I never really underestood was:
50"Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."
I don't really get how this works, because just because someone isn't against God, doesn't mean that they're for him. There's tons of agnostics out there that don't zccept God but don't deny him either, but I wouldn't consider them to be for God.
If anything I would think thatitd be more accurate to say it the other way - that whoever isn't for God is against him. or is that too cynical?
i dont know..

Also I liked the story about Jesus feeding 5 thousand people. It shows us how Jesus can take what little we give him and make it into so much more.
This encourages us to continue to serve God, becuase even if it may not seem that significant, it CAN have a really strong impact on people, depending on what God does with it. That simple smile in the hall, or the fact that we played one of our songs with so much passion can have a huge impact on peoples' spiritual walks. all cuase of Jesus Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:51 pm

AHHHH!! i hate it when one of ur wisdom tooth slowly
trys to come up. It hurts!!!! but the thing is it wont come
out for YEARS!!!

16Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to set before the people.

We all kno the story, How jesus was given 5 loves of bread and 2 fish from a boy and he multiplied them to feed
5 thousand people... Its jst another story of how we can never repay back jesus for what he has done, no matter
what we do for him, he always gave something to us that's worth a WHOLE lot than wat we gave him... Even the
homeless people in the streets thank god for everything that they have... the things that we do are not worth wat
he did for us but he still accepts our things THANKFULLY (wat we cant do), and gives something much greater to
us... He will never stop loving us and i think jst he's luv towards us in MORE than enuf but because of he's great
love, he cant stop giving so it's our job to thank him back as much as we can to him...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:03 pm

guys its luke 9 today
dont do luke 10
i just put it up for tomorrow
and ill be studying late therefor going home late
so ill post mine up late tonight
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:15 pm

"Grace GB- havent named her yet" HAHAHAHHAHA think hard isaac GB BRACES wont work like i said.. hahaha i get them off in like 4 months .........

23Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.
this is something ive mentioned in my past devos. We will be rejected by this world, we wont ever fit perfectly with the things of this world. It will try to take us away from God, but think about it. If we turn away from God, because the world provides what we need while we are here, what happens to us when we die? Is it worth throwing away your chance to go to heaven? In revelation it says that satan will destroy everything God built up. There will be people with this number on them and they will turn away from God. As children of God, should we do that? NO . we may not be able to live on this earth... but we will be able to spend ETERNITY with God forever and ever if we just suck it up for a bit, and then rest with God forever. We need to judge whats worth it all. It says if we try to save our lifes we will loose it, if we loose our lives for Christ, we will be saved! That's exactly what its saying. Our time on this world, does it matter that we are rejected? Why do we care? We belive that God is all we need, He will provide. We created everything from the big universe to the smallest details of a grain of sand. Could He not carry us through?

48Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all—he is the greatest."
I think that there is a reason why we always say "you need to take away all of your pride" We cant serve in His kingdom if we are proud. We need to make so many sacrifices as Christians, and we need to become the servants of others and lower ourselves to lift others up.

62Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
The subtitle for this section of this chapter is "the cost of following Jesus" I dont know exactly what it means... but this verse just kept popping into my eyes. I think it means that if you want to serve Christ, you need to be able to give everything up for God, not look back... look only to the future and focus on God.

its so cold out! No joke......
i have all these assignments due here and there... its such a pain, and im having a hard time keeping track of them all! adasdaijdsajddsad.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:18 am

Tried snail for the first time today...not bad! It's like calamari!

To bring nothing but your heart and your faith in Christ...umm I don't know

I think it is really easy to say, "yes I will leave it all for you" but as I was thinking about it I was saying to myself really! are you sure your not lying to yourself? Honestly, I still don't know 100% I like to think I can, but being truthfully to myself and God, I don't know. I think that today's chapter really opened my eyes, and see just see who I am. I think that it became to comfortable to say to God, I am there to do your will 100%. I honestly thought that, but I was just pleasing whoever was asking, and what's the point in that. Am I really honestly ready to do whatever God has planned for me. No. Not yet. Personally I don't think I am, becasue there is still so much to learn, but in a way I think that sounds like a excuse. Contemplating hurts my brain. Take the step, what is the point of worrying that is what I concluded with. How is worrying about it going to help you in any way. God planned this out from the very beginning, and you can either say yes or no. Ready yourself so you can say yes when the time comes. God loves you, and he will make a path for you; he already did. Th world has made us to comfortable. I think. We have so much things in this world that prevent us from saying yes.

lol sorry guys just contemplating. Smile

K c ya guys!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:46 am

hey guys
i forgot to do my devos yesterday so i read both chapters today but i cant post because my comps freezing very often..
today was my first time using a real book bible because i coudlnt use the online ones
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:22 am

Allan: snails are awesome sauce
Grace: you are GB braces until further notice

one thing id like to point out about this chapter is how fail the disciples are. But fail in a positive way because we all fail... even if you have Jesus 5 feet away from you! you know what that means? we (people after Jesus' death) fail EVEN HARDER. But heres the kicker, we still are loved : )

I also LOVE the "cost of following Jesus" part
Like i said on friday, i like to think of myself as someone who would go to the ends of the earth for God, and i want to eventually, but if i cant do the little things, the little miracles, i cant help create big ones. Its a day to day process, and its something i need to work on!

PEACE OUT HOMMIES

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:22 am

say woooooooooooord.

how have you gusy been doing?

can you guys reply to my EMAIL, liek it says? you know?
noobs.

There are bits and pieces and little things i got out of this chapter, too many to name though.

"Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."

i like this one, the disciples thought THEY were the only ones who could drive otu demons and such.
i just want us to constantly remind ourselves, although we are a praise team we are members of the church. nto performers.
When people want to praise and worship, we'll worship together. Were all in this Together.

41"O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you and put up with you? Bring your son here."

Jesus knew WE have the power to do all the miracles God could do, as long as we ask. God will do the rest.
We need to believe, we need to trust and have faith. Of course its not easy, but when you depserately want to, he'll come.

More than life buddies Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down