Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 16 (November 13)

5 posters

Go down

Romans 16 (November 13) Empty Romans 16 (November 13)

Post  Cathy Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:04 pm

"17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. "

We should watch out for people who will divide and corrupt the church community! I remember during missions Sam really made it a point to remind us that EVERY SINGLE PERSON must be praying and growing and preparing for missions, because Satan will try to get that one person, and when that person falls, will use that person to get the rest of the team.. Scary, like a disease.. SWINE? ahha But as a praise team and a spiritual family (Smile) we should be making sure that every single member is growing, not falling. And as individuals we should be wary that our own hearts, attitudes, spiritual walk and our actions can all have a HUGE impact on not only this praise team, but to the whole church congregation.. So the excuse "i can do whatever i want with my life" doesnt really work because we're all in positions where we can greatly influence others.. So we should strive to make that influence a POSITIVE one, instead of a negative one.

So yeah. thats all i got, other then the fact that the greetings were nice. hahha we should greet ppl in a more friendly manner from now on. paul def knows what hes doing Razz

see y'all tonight!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Romans 16 (November 13) Empty Re: Romans 16 (November 13)

Post  Grace Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:02 am

hi guys Smile
so glad the week is overrrr! it went by really fast for me, had an awesome week haha
so i need to sleep early, cause i have such a busy day tomorrow :S
how was practice?

17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. 19Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil. ''

for sure there are going to be a lot of obstacles in our way. we are guarenteed to struggle no matter how hard of a time we get in that period of time. Ive had my share of struggles and obstacles in the past couple years. As Christians, we all have things that will try to keep us away from worshiping God, and here it is telling us to avoid them. I remember i met someone who said "well whats the point of avoiding it, if we're guarenteed to struggle anyways?" Well its not like we want to struggle, and obviously God isnt happy when we're having a hard time. We need to stay away and be cautious, think things over.. because so many things in this world try to distract and take our focus away from God. At church, its not too hard. We stay out of trouble, but then theres places out of our home and church. School for example.. there will be people we hang out with, people we like that will try to shift our focus away from God, want us to do things that God wont be happy with. But thats when we need to judge "would God want me to do this." for example drinking, parties etc etc. Lets be careful. Keep our focus on God!!!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:52 am

GRACE WE MISS YOU
You guys were amazing today! and not just the noobs. Allan you were sick on lead, and cathy you continue to amaze me with your piano skills. p.s i won

i did read romans 16, however i want to share what we learned from Sayah today.
Today it was a "ohhhh i get it" moment. He explained why Jesus' blood makes us clean. Its so we can have a temple of God in us! Its so obvious... yet i never knew.
Also the moment we dont think about the congregation is the moment we become a band... Which is bad...

PEACE OUT

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:01 am

aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Smile
i miss you guys too !
ill bake you guys something for sunday as encouragment ? hahaha
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:05 am

cookies with soy milk, not regular milk.
White chocolate, not milk chocolate.
No coconuts or nuts.
8inch radius
5cm thick
Warm, but not too soft
exactly 17 cookies

thanks =)
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:54 am

mmmm white chocolate.

I also read Romans 16 but i chose to write about what Sayah talked about. Isaac asked why God restricted himself from certain people worshipping him. Sayah was talking about how only the CLEANEST of all people could go into some temple called holy of holys or something to worship. If u werent 100% clean, you'd die on the spot. Sayah explained that God only does this as a reminder. God deserves our worship as the best but he accepts her worship no matter what it's like. Everyday, we sin, but God doesn't reject our worship because he loves it when we worship him. God moved on from the holy of holys thingy and into our hearts. So our worship comes from us, even with our sinful nature, and God willl accept it,\

So i learned alot from sayah today!
see you guyts sunday
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:10 am

Hey guys, Coming back from my parent's
meeting witha friend... Gosh i'm tired...
I read chapter 16 but jst like you guys,
i want to focus on wat sayah said more...

He told us about the tabernacle or however you spell it... about how the gentiles will pray outside,
and the closer you are to the tabernacle, you have to be in a certain level of holy... The point
was, that u had to be in a special place and in a special condition to worship god back in the area.
After jesus christ died for us, We are aloud to worship God ANYWHERE and in ANY condition...
Instead of god being in the ONE small room, he is everywhere now... Jst like sayah said, we
have a temple inside us. I heard that MANY times but i never kne what it meant until sayah had
to clearify that to us..
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down