Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 8 (November 3)

+3
Grace
JacobPk
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Romans 8 (November 3) Empty Romans 8 (November 3)

Post  Isaac Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:51 am

My all time favorite chapter.
Its the foundation of our religion and faith
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Romans 8 (November 3) Empty Re: Romans 8 (November 3)

Post  JacobPk Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:02 am

i liek Romans 6, 7, 8, 9, and 12
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:56 pm

12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.[g] And by him we cry, "Abba,[h] Father." 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

We are children of God. this brought back memories from Vision x 2009 . . . hahha yeah i had an identity crisis for a couple of months .
like i had a CRAZYYYYYYY year at this church that brought me way down and way up spiritually, and then i moved to mil al church .
so much happened so fast and after all of that growth and transformation spiritually i didnt know WHO i was . where i stood with God.
I remember SOOO cleary how God told me the answer. It was through the pastors sermon that night. I remember on the bus... on my way to vision x something was wierd... usually i was so pumped and excited, but this time i was nervous, and i really didnt know what to expect. I asked God to tell me my identity in Christ. Like where is stood with Him, after ill ive been through, where i was..... Then during that sermon the pastor told us straight up "you are sons and daughters of God. That is your identity in Christ" it was so direct! and i remember jsut balling my eyes out haha
secondly the part where it says "17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ" that part just made me think of "desert song-hillsong" right away .
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:41 pm

26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will.

I found verse 26 to be really true. Sometimes I'm confused what God WANTS for me to pray about. I just tend to pray about my problems and my needs and thankfulness but are all the things I pray about what God wants? I might be praying for myself and my needs but God might be wanting me to pray for others who don't know him and that they will evantually come to know God. These are the things that God might want me to pray for and I should really think about that more often. The less fortunate who haven't had a chance to know God are the real ones that need prayer.

The holy spirit and God helps us out in our time of need. God always knows when we are hurting because when we hurt he's hurting too. God looks after everyone of us, he never leaves everyone behind. It's really cool and i realized how much God looks after everyone of us.

32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't he also give us everything else?

whooaa this verse was sick. It hit me like a brick. Since God gave up Jesus for us, why wouldn't he give up everything else. Jesus, his son could be the most important thing in the world to him but he gave him up for us. So if he gave up Jesus, he would give up ANYTHING else for us. I think that goes to show how much God expresses his love for us. God could've saved us from sin without giving up Jesus but he chose to because that's his way of expressing his love for us.

39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus' love is so strong that nothing could seperate us. Not even satan. I remember Sam telling us that the most powerful was God, then Satan. But Jesus' love is so strong in us that nothing can keep us and Jesus apart. On the end of that verse, it says God's love was revealed through Jesus. God used Jesus to show his love for us.

see you guys friday!
looking forward to it
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:43 pm

UGHH i feel so sick..This sucks my body's supposed to be IMMUNE to EVERYTHING because i have JESUS. haha Im having trouble staying on the computer so i'm going to do my devos from bed! So no post but I am doing them!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:05 am

oh jee guys, I JST TYPED IT ALL!!! Jees... And like i didnt push the save button...
I read it and thought about the whole chapter... Sorry guys...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 am

YESSS ROHAN DO MORE DEVOS WITH US LOSER
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:09 am

ugh crap cathy you sick too. Yah sry guys I am fainting on and off, my head is hurting and I can't even look at the computer. I am going to read it but I can't stay on the computer.

Sorry for my weak aids body
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:15 am

best chapter EVER. My mommy gave me this chapter when i was younger. It stuck by me during hard times...

im just going to list all the verses i get from this chapter:
"5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit"

"9 For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day..."
"let all creation come back to you, its all for you"- Tear down the walls...sick song

"38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[o] neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love."
awesome sauce

'Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”"
This verse alone, has made the worst of the worst times peaceful, but more importantly, the best of the best even better

This chapter has so much to teach about sin, holy spirit, and God's love. Its feels like a new chapter everytime i re-read it...

I hope you guys get as much as i do from this chapter!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:37 am

아빠 = Abba = Father

sick tingz.

i deactivated facebook so i can study more haha 8===D
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down