Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 samuel 13 (september 29)

5 posters

Go down

1 samuel 13 (september 29) Empty 1 samuel 13 (september 29)

Post  Cathy Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:00 pm

LALALA today was a much better day. ps ingrid michaelson and jack johnson should have babies and make beautiful alternative acoustic music babies.
and then ill adopt them and raise them as my own.

haha anyways today the hebrews got owned.
As king, Saul was in charge of making sure his people didn't get OWNED by the philistines and well, he was also SUPPOSED to keep his people faithful to God.. Well, he failed to do either of those.. When war was imminent and Saul was freaking out because his people were freaking out too and they were leaving and fleeing the war.. Saul waited for Samuel to come at the time that he was suppsed to, but when he didn't show up, he lost faith and he turne to burnt offerings (aka idols,i assume) to deliver him from this situation.. But when Samuel does come, he criticizes him for turning against God yet again, and breaking his peoples' promise with God. And also the Hebrew people are SCREWED cause they're fighting with like pitchforks but the Philistines are all innovative and have swords. and this is why we need inventors and engineers in society..

What really stood out to me in this chapter was the whole sense of TIMING. It's funny how much we rely on right timing to make our decisions.. We do the exact same thing as Saul everyday. If i say that ill be somewhere at a certain time but i dont show up, people have to make adjustments. they can go on without me, postpone, etc.. We always make decisions based on timing. And that's exactly what Saul did - he found an alternative, but by doing so he turned his back on God and turned to alternative forms of God for comfort.. If Samuel had come on time then this wouldnt have been a problem. And that really opened my eyes to how much timing can affect us. When we pray to God for help, deliverance, answers, he might not reply in perfect timing. He might tell me what university and program i should do after the confirmation deadlines, or even like.. 6 years from now. God works on his own time becuase for him time is a different. realm.. it sorta doesnt exist.. So even if God doesn't answer at the 'right' time, we should really remember not to lose confidence in God. He will respond in his own time, and usually the waiting is the most important part of the answer. thats when he shows us things that we can never learn from straight answers or words.. So let's just keep this in mind and never turn away from God just becuase he didn't answer 'in time'.

Well anyhoo I must go and study for my law test. Toodle-oodle-oooo everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 samuel 13 (september 29) Empty Re: 1 samuel 13 (september 29)

Post  Cathy Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:10 pm

ps its cold tmrw and im really excited to whip out my peacoat and my boots for school tmrw Smile
itll look so good with my kilt and tights and a really nice pashmina. haha just thought you all should know.. haha
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 pm

LOVEDDDDD todays message !
i actually remember sam doing a sermon on this .

13"That was stupid!" Samuel said. "You didn't obey the LORD your God. If you had obeyed him, someone from your family would always have been king of Israel. 14But no, you disobeyed, and so the LORD won't choose anyone else from your family to be king. In fact, he has already chosen the one he wants to be the next leader of his people." 15Then Samuel left Gilgal.

Saul was given a task. It wasnt complicated, and he was to obey what he was told to do. But he got greedy and pretty much just blew off God's command for what he thought was right... or better. It isnt always about worshiping God. God would rather have you obey. thats what i remember from that sermon. Like God doesnt tell us to do things we are not capable of, because He knows our limits. And is it so hard to follow what we are told to do?

It reminded me of I Will Go- Starfield .

(concert on the 31!!!! WANT TO GO)

so today was SOOOOOOOO cold. it was raining, windy and uggh i thought it was going to snow, but maybe im exagerating .
time for a fall coat :DDDDDDD this means shopping Wink
i ran 5km today, and had another work out... like 30 mins ago. just took a nice shower!!!! yeeeeeeeeee
i feel good
hahahahahaha here comes the mits and scarfs!!! love fall wear , yes i do Smile lol

have a good day guys . and stay warm... dont get sick like me.... it takes forever to get better when another like 2000 students are sick with you .
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:49 pm

i hate work Sad but devos make my day : )

lets crack open this bad-boy!

GREAT devos cathy and grace, kudos! i got a lot from just reading both of yours!

not listening to God... it can become quite troublesome, but all the blame is on us! God usually makes it well known what his orders are in order for him to get angry... you know? Like God wouldnt "whisper" to me (for example) to leave praise team and join leadership. He couldnt get ANGRY because i didnt hear him! God speaks LOUD everyday to EACH of us! WE JUST NEED TO LISTEN! That way, we never turn against God's plans!

Samuel is a good book! An easy read, especially for a old testament!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:41 pm

Billy was a good boy and called to say that his internet is down and he is unable to post his devos. He is reading 1 Samuel 13,

yesh yesh
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:45 am

Sry guys I just finished my assignments, and ya here we are after midnight feeling miserable

So I had a presentation today and windows vista has failed me! It crashed when the LCD was hooked on...Ugh Microsoft you suck!

Yah, today's devo is very similar to yesterday's devo I did. You think you know best, but you really don't. The moment you screw up it's easy to make a excuse, you can trick others around you but you can't fool God. I think it's natural for human beings to make a situation complicated. It is a simple task but all these excuses and loopholes are conjured up in your head. It's always easier to find a excuse than a solution. God isn't asking much, we should have a do it attitude!

k that is all sry guys

bi
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 am

Sorry for not posting!
I had a soccer game yesterday and we lost 1 - 0. come watch me playy. and then i had basketball tryouts right after. yeeeee got to run so much. it was siick.
I loved all your devos, well done!

One thing God values more than sacrifice, or alot of other stuff is Obedience. Saul showed poor obedience because he panicked and didn't trust in God. However if you think abotu it this way, God wants YOU above all things right. So if YOU just follow God, it's similar to obeying him because you're living for him. If you're constantly trustign in God, there's no need for sacrifices or all that doubtign stuff. Not saying there won't be times where you'll panic. God wants us to obey him over all things. Cause when we obey, we live for him. i'm making this clear. don't obey JUST the commandments in the Bible, but obey God and his judgement. and hwo do we do that? Like Isaac mentioned: PRAY! there are answers we will try to find that aren't in the Bible, so talk but also listen to God. If you want it fomr him that bad, it'll come. be patient!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down