Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 8 (September 22)

+3
Kevin
Grace
Cathy
7 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 8 (September 22) Empty 1 Samuel 8 (September 22)

Post  Cathy Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:56 pm

I had the best nap in the world. It was acutally like I got carried away from Earth on clouds and entered a mystical haven of relaxation and peace..
hahha so anyways I liked this chapter because it showed the peoples' dissatisfaction with God... I remember I think two practices ago when Isaac shared some mindblowing concepts from mere christianity, and he said that the reason that we sin is becuase we are dissatisfied with God, leading us to search for satisfaction through other means..
In this chapter the people were not satisfied with simply being guided by God.. instead they wanted a physical figure - a king to reign over them and rule them.. Since a king is visible and more obviously present than God, they turned to a king instead, and ignored all that God had done to bring them out of turmoil (keep in mind yesterday's reading when God totally kicked Philistine butt for them). And how often do we do that in our own lives? Instead of asking God what to do and following his advice, we go with what seems to be more susbtansial - what superficially seems like the best thing to do..
Grade 12s we've got big decisions ahead.. In such a crucial time lets remember to go to God and ask him for HIS guidance, for he is the king in our lives Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 8 (September 22) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 8 (September 22)

Post  Grace Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:19 pm

hi guys
so im tired as heck
and im sick as heck too
i thought i would get better
but now i have a fever, my throat is KILLING and im all dizzy AND to top it all off, my parents wont let me stay home as long as i can walk
and even funnier, i told my teacher i was sick when she asked me why i look so drained, and this grade 13 bumface who calls himself my friend thought he would be funny if he said i had the swine flu.... ive never seen a teacher try so hard to get me to the office. she literally grabbed my arm and trying pulling me down to the office cause she thought i really had swine flu..... beautiful HAHA
so today was interesting, and i have a new careers teacher Very Happy so much better than my last one
its barable nowww

so enough update

todays word made me reflect a lot
these people are begging and bugging God SOOOOOO much for a king,
and not just a king, before this too they always asked God for so many things and then turned away again and then came back when they needed rescuing.
I wonder how many times i was like that. Pray hard and get closer to God when i need Him, and then start to fall back once i got what i needed.
i feel so bad....
but also i saw another thing that was good. since like grade 3 in sunday school i was told by so many different sunday school teachers, pastors whatever that "keep praying to God, keep bugging Him, ask God what you really need, and soon enough when He thinks the time is right, He will give it to you." i saw that happen in this chapter
God gave in, and gave them what they wanted, but in a way that will not jus benefit them, but God too

21Samuel listened to them and then told the LORD exactly what they had said. 22"Do what they want," the LORD answered. "Give them a king."

so im gonna make 호박죽 and then sleep early.... i feel like im dying
and isaac i hope your finger gets better : ) hahaha
good luck wiht school guys
jacob... all nighters arent good for you, get some sleep ! : )
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:27 pm

ahah Get better Grace and Isaac!
Jacob suck it up.... ahah kidding!

What I learned from todays chapter was that God gave the guys that wanted a king a warning and said if they disobey, they'll be in desperate need of help and need God but he'll ignore him. This made me think we sin against God EVERY day but will he turn against us? I don't think God would ever ditch us today especially cuz Jesus sacrificed himself for our sins. I'll try to thank God for always being there for us and never ditching us. So I haven't read on to the next chapter but I think God's warning will become true and they'll be sorry they disobeyed. And man the Sons in this chapter are dumb. First Eli's sons and now Samuel's sons.. ahah.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:38 pm

In a world of zombies... There is only one hero...
ISAAC KIM *cue the fireworks*

I'm bored at work and I'm taking a dump now
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:44 pm

LOL so this is what you do at work...
that zombie thing is a movie right?

ahah i wanna watch that it looks sickk
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:24 pm

hmmmm sometimes we all need to chill out and listen to God... thats what i got from this chapter aha

not much more,

i have ortho tomorrow morning at 8 50!!! BUT I HAVE LATE START + first spare + second lunch which means im at finch at 9... when school starts at 12 30... : (

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:30 pm

Grace Get better will you. Isaac too i guess.
University fair on friday anyone? I have a major headache and work tomorrow. yeeeee

people of Israel is sooo soft. murk them.
I like how God tells Samuel that it is God they're going against and not Samuel. This reminds me to be humble. In soe circumstances, there will be times where somethign good will happen or yo've done somethign and you will take credit for it, but when somethign bad happens you tend to blame others. Learn from God and always look at yourself first before you pass judgement. You should't even judge at all..regardless. But see the filth on you first and brush your shoulders off - Jay Z.
Also this verse blows my mind.
Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles."

WHO WANTS TO BE LIKE OTHER NATIONS WHEN YOU HAVE A GOD WHO KICKS ASS.
that's some dumb stuff right there.i don't know....
BUT i do want to state this!
don't try to become liek other nations, but help others so that peopel can become like US, God's children.
We are already led by the greatest king, so lets have others join us!

SIICK
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:50 pm

WOW REALLY

today's chapter

come on! He told everyone that they are going to regret it and they still said they wanted a King...USELESS! I am actually kind of angry reading this. God showed them mercy by telling them what will happen...oh man if God gives you a way out you take it.

well let's go further into this!

God gives us choices but he will still warn us about the wrong choice. We won't force you to take the right road, but he will warn you about the wrong road becasue he loves us. There has been many times in my life where I have ignored God, and went the wrong away, he warned me but didn't care and obviously I crashed and burn.

lol God is like I am not going to tell you I told you so......... but i did tell you

God is always going to give a a way out, but you yourself have to choose between 2 roads.

k
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:11 am

WOW GUYS!!! I JST WROTE A VERY LONG DEVO AND I CLICKED SEND AND FOR SOME REASON IT DIDN'T WORK!! ARG... ISAAC, GRACE, FEEL BETTER AND THE BASICS OF THIS DEVO IS THAT GOD IS PERFECT AND WE DON'T NEED A KING TO RULE OVER US. ALL WE NEED IS GOD!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down