Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 3 (Aug 26)

+4
Allan
Grace
Cathy
Isaac
8 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 3 (Aug 26) Empty 1 Corinthians 3 (Aug 26)

Post  Isaac Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:09 pm

blarghh
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 3 (Aug 26) Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 3 (Aug 26)

Post  Cathy Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Hey guys!

I really liked the analogy of the planting-watering-growing analogy.. Paul says that we can all try really really hard to spread the gospel, to pray for others, to help others, etc. But none of that works without God to actually make something come out of it and allow that person to grow.. it's like how we can bring God something so little but then with his spirit and his will he can multiply it into something that's so much greater.. haha reminds me of that song we made up and danced to last year at missions.. God makes me grow grow grow? Razz
ahha.. This is also really encouraging because there are so many times when we might be trying to evangelize and bring someone to Christ.. But we get so easily scared and frustrated, and sometimes we think that we're not GOOD at evangelizing.. But this chapter reminds us that there's only so much we can do, but after that it's God so we've just got to trust.. because we will be rewarded for the things that we do to help expand the kingdom of God, so let's not get discouraged because by leading praise, by having fellowship, by spreading the word of God we are planting those seeds.. But we just have to pray with faith and trust that it will be God to make the person grow

peacee homes
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 pm

hello !
i hope everyones having a good week so far
so i just found out today that my uncle is getting married, im so happy for him ! I think its time i give my uncle Sam's sermon on Wives and Husbands HAHA this is going to be funnn Razz

so today in 1 Corinthians 3 its all about church seperations . haha yeah seeing how ive moved around to so many churches, ive had experience with splitting churches. Its a really tough thing to go through and it just tears people apart. But i think that thats why its so important to have a good foundation, and to ALWAYS pray for the church. If we truly have Christ as the foundation of our church, as our cornerstone, then how could the church fall apart? (verses 11-12)

Lets keep praying for our church, our praise team, the ministries and etc so that none of it falls apart, and we'll just keep growing stronger!!

kaaay so i had to wake up really early and i gotta head out early for work again, so im off to bed !

idk if i can go to practice for sure this friday, but if i do, i can only be there for a couple of hours cause of my aunts bday dinner .
sorry ^^
hahaha
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 am

Made the best potato soup today ever! Yah! lol

Hmm it seems it is very easy for people to quarrel over petty issues. In today's chapter people are fighting between Apollos and Paul. Even in a church environment debates are bound to arise, and we need to be prepare for such an event. Yes, we are just teenagers but we are also followers of God, and we need to see step outside of the world's wisdom, and into God's hence the daily Devotions. If adults are prone to quarrels then obviously we can get into questionable debates as well. Studying the world's wisdom is good, but it is good to balance it out with the word. Corinthians really emphasizes the need to read the word.

Hoora for daily devotions.

k that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:34 am

waddup hommies?
denise we missed you at the meeting today : (

" I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life."
this is really good advice when you are trying to evangelize to your friends. You should take it really slow, thats something i learned from this verse that stuck out to me.

" I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. "
GREEEAAAT verse Smile we are only here to water, but it is God who actually makes it grow. When i practiice, i dont practice for myself, orr for my benefit, i know that i will only grow spiritually and musically(musically in terms of christian music) because of God, not myself.

"Everything belongs to you, 23 and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God."
Smile
-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:03 am

1 Corinthians 3.

I think the biggest thing that I learned from today's devos was that we will never be ready for the great expectations we have from God. In the beginning of this chapter, Paul talks about feeding the people of Corinth milk instead of solid food because they were not ready. I feel that, often times, we look at other people who seem to have been called to do something grand and amazing for God, and we get jealous of them and even frustrated at God for choosing some people over us. But just as Paul says, God chooses each person in ways that we may believe to be unfair, but those different callings all serve one purpose- to glorify God and build on what Jesus did for us.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:09 am

Sorry about my slack-age these days, guys! I've actually been reading through James and 1 Peter for the past little while, which are some great books to consider for upcoming months, but I know that's no excuse to not be on board with our team's plans! Many, many apologies.

Hope everyone's been having wonderful weeks Smile

1 Corinthians 3

Great points from everyone else! I completely agree with Isaac, in his point about taking things slowly when evangelizing to friends. I think we often hear miracle stories from some missionaries where they happened to say the right words, and they were begging to accept Christ at that very moment, and sometimes we have those same expectations when trying to reach out to our friends. But as these verses also indicate, Paul was one step to to the process, Apollo was just another step to the process...In the same way, we cannot expect to be the one who brings our friend to Christ, but we can expect to be the one who plays a part in their Faith Journey...perhaps the one to plant the seed, or the one to give it that critical water to grow...and we may be used as one of a string of people who will help bring this individual to Christ. So never be discouraged! For you are still a VERY important tool to your friend's growth Smile

16 Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? 17 God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.

It's important to treat our bodies with that much more sanctity. We have to remember that it's not only our physical representation, but that when we accepted Christ, we offered our bodies as His home. I remember I read this neat little book, where it makes the metaphor that God was entering your home and into each room, and whether or not we'd be ashamed to show Him certain things, etc. I know for a fact that I would not feel comfortable inviting a physical Christ into my home without doing some MADD cleaning up of my room first, so in the same way, it's important that we treat our hearts seriously and do some self-assessing Smile

18 Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world’s standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say,

I think everyone often strives to be successful and wise by the world's standards, myself included, but this verse humbled me by saying that simply being wise by this world's standards is foolishness to God. That's a harsh word - foolishness. It's reminded me that if you want to be the best you can be, not only do you have to be wise by the world's standards, but especially in your wisdom in Him.

Everything belongs to you, 23 and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.

How blessed are we?

See you all Friday! Smile

Cheers,
H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:48 am

hey guys, once again, i'm doing my devos rele late and is the last one to do it... hehe, i think it's become a habit...

Neways, this verse is basically telling us that the most important thing in this world is god... i believe this chapter is written by paul and paul used a metaphore to describe the situation... paul planted the seeds, and apollos watered them... god's the one who makes it possible for the seeds to grow... it basically means that without god, everything will be meaningless... if seeds can't grow even if we plant, water, and give sun light, there is no point of planting at all. this chapter also tells us that we are not worthy enough to be even compared to god... we fight, argue, and sin all the time and that's living proof that god is better than us... Don't even compare yourself to god because god is the one and only and we are he's temple... anyone who tries to destroy he's temple we be punished... we belong to christ and christ belongs to god...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:08 am

haha i had work today Smile
i hope you guys are cheerful and happy, friday is coming soon and i'm excited. Steven must be called and told to do his devos.
arghh.

i learned alot from what you guys have posted here.
i really like the verse 10 - 15. It showed me that we cannot ever settle for average, ever! WHen Roh lead, he never did and he set a great foundation where Isaac and I can lead and build up on. Same with Denise and Hannah, they've taught us to the point where we can teach others. i'm sure our team can agree. As our noobs come up, we need to set a ground for them, because when we leave they have to build up on what we've tuahgt them and etc. BUT dont' forget God is the one who is the main foundation, the glue that holds our brciks together, the moment we get to proud, our walls be crumble.

I want to sing the song "With Everything" and there's a verse that goes

"Break down our pride, and all the walls we've built up inside, our earthly crowns and desries, we lay at your feet."

i've realized that i should never settle for just good, and i should always keep striving, not for anyone's sake but for God's because he deserves it. I want to be the best muscially, spiritually, etc. And i want to spur into you guys the excitement and chills i get wheneveri think about praise. i want you guys to be MORE compassionate about it, MORe enthousiastic, More desiring than you all are now. THAT way, we are able to grow, because we WANT to and we GET to.

i've also learned to humble myself more, to look after one another, to look after you guys before myself. Always. and i'm sure God wants you to do the same, because Jesus would.

yeee swaggin Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down