Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 27th

+3
dennis
Sean
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

May 27th Empty May 27th

Post  Isaac Mon May 25, 2009 10:27 pm

your dadda
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

May 27th Empty Re: May 27th

Post  Sean Wed May 27, 2009 10:02 pm

I read matthew 23
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Wed May 27, 2009 10:38 pm

Umm, can someone change Sean's photo? I'm scarred.... haha
MAC MAC MAC . I decided to go to mac Smile and I'm happy and excited.

Anyway, I read Psalm 46, and I really liked the first verse: "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Today was a very stressful day for me because I had to choose to which university I was going for the next 4+ years. I never make decisions because I hate the pressure, and I just don't like being responsible for the mistakes that I might make in making important decisions. Even from the weekend, I was ultra-stressed, and countless pro and con lists did not really help alleviate my frustrations.

From talking to my teachers, friends, and family about university, I slowly started to realize where I wanted to go. In fact, with some people reminding me to pray about it, I took my time to do devos and had some peace. Remember how Sam always told us that God gives us peace in the midst of all of our troubles? So true. Obviously, the fact that I had to make a decision didn't go away, but I had a feeling that whatever I ended choosing would be the best decision made by me.

After choosing Mac, I was really excited but also scared since I'm going to be there without any family or close friends. I have some friends in second year who I'm close with, but I'm definitely going to have to completely make new friends at mac. This verse that I wrote down up top really showed me that God is going to be with me every step of the way. Yes, I'll get major homesick, and yes, I will find university hard. But with God and by trusting in Him, I think I'll have an amazing time.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed May 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Hey everyonee!
hahahah i had a three day week. i have a 4-day weekend. MUAHAHAH
so today I read from Joshua:
"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth;
meditate on it day and night, so that you may be
careful to do everything written in it. Then you
will be prosperous and successful"- Joshua 1:8

This verse reminded me that we really have to continue to meditate on the word. yeah, we do our devos together once a day.. But how many times do we take the verse or passage taht we've read and really think about it, reflect on it throughout the day? it sucks that sometimes devos become like a routine so we can find ourselves forgetting about the verse or God for the rest of the day. But this verse is a great reminder that it's important that we meditate on the word, because it gives us the guidance and the voice that we need to keep us on track, and help us to really live as holy people Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed May 27, 2009 11:24 pm

Jer 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Jesus never gives us anythign we can't handle, because he knows that as long as we ask him anything is possible!
God has plans for you, that song my future decided. We sng taht because we know God will make our future brighter because he IS our future.
Remember don't do the studying, or career stuff for yourself, ask God and constantly pray to him what he wants you to do. I've been trying to ask him what is my puropose on earth and i haven't got an answer but i'm waiting becuase i want to do God's will on earth. Not mine.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed May 27, 2009 11:55 pm

read a bunch of proverbs... got nothing... my head hurts Sad so ill try to re-read some again before i sleep
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu May 28, 2009 1:03 am

i completely concur with denise. scene, your photo makes me slightly uncomfortable with its mankinis. BARF. hahahaha.

2 Thessalonians 2:12

4 We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

I really like the last part, where Paul, Silas, and Timothy give their wishes to the church of the Thessalonians - "May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance. There is something lovely and poetic about it to me. On behalf of the people, they are blessing them with the hope that the Lord will guide them in the way of God's love and offer them the strength and hope of Christ-like perseverance, likely because of the unfair treatment towards believers at the time, I'm going to assume? Anyways, I thought it was a prayer that I would like to make, because I think if you are equipped with God's love and Christ's perseverance, there is nothing you cannot overtake, if you think about it. The Almighty God's love paired with the perseverance of the Christ who endured the cross is like...invincibility. Haha. Anyways, those were my thoughts.

PROM TOMORROW.
It's supposed to rain Sad Thunderclouds, actually.
THUNDERCATS.
That stinks, hahaha.

Excited to see everybody on Friday Smile

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu May 28, 2009 1:49 am

Sorry guys I am trying my best to balance my school work with the praise team, but it's finals, and it is hectic right now. lol before I went online I was the typical Asian kid with like a cup ramen and his assignment on his computer, and a little dim light hovering over me. Man I feel like a all-night project session is coming on. Need to finish everything by Friday!!! lol oh yah I am sick again...yah I left the window open yesterday when I went to sleep...Not the smartest thing I have done in my life!

You know, I never knew there was a book called EZRA in the bible.

(This is like a side thing )

In Erza 2

It lists the number of people who returned to Israel from exile by family, people and citizens and each number is specific. Huh I wondered how long it took to count all these people...Can you imagine if you lost track lol

anyways my real devotion for today comes from Job 17...lol I think Job has to be my favorite book in the bible.

My spirit is crushed,
and my life is nearly snuffed out.
The grave is ready to receive me.
I am surrounded by mockers
I watch how bitterly they taunt me.
"You must defend my innocence, O God,
since no one else will stand up for me.

Job is suffering, and he knows he is close to his breaking point.

You must defend my innocence, O God

ugh, that always gets me deep. Job had nothing but God left. People were mocking him, and laughing at his God. Job didn't care for the lost of hos wealth power, his only concern was his innocence, meaning he did not want those who mocked him to be right about his God. He did not want to accept that his God was tormenting him for no reason. He was concern for God's name.

Side note you kind of have to read a further back to truly understand how Job feels.

In the bible Sam gave us, it said Jesus is like a lawyer. I know it's a weird simile. When he are before God, Jesus is our defender.
I thought wow we have Jesus as our right wing man. How sick it that? lol

Well goodnight guys!!!
17 more slides to go on PowerPoint woot! woot!!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu May 28, 2009 10:07 am

HAHAHA. Arren, what a sight.."typical Asian kid with the cup ramen". Nicely done. Hope you got everything done though! And feel better!

FIGHTING EVERYBODY! Smile
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down