Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypocrisy is annoying but not evil. Someone who says one thing and does another has doubled their chances of being half right.

5 posters

Go down

Hypocrisy is annoying but not evil. Someone who says one thing and does another has doubled their chances of being half right. Empty Hypocrisy is annoying but not evil. Someone who says one thing and does another has doubled their chances of being half right.

Post  Isaac Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:58 pm

The first part of this chapter is straight forward. DONT JUDGE OTHERS cause the big guns upstairs will judge you!
"13 For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight."
A week or two ago, i mentioned the convo i had with Sam about Christians living hypocritical lives. And its true man! not only should we read "be nice to your neighbor" but we should actually act on it.

Other than that, i didnt get much from this chapter...

I just received an email from the last praise team member! This is the first time everyone responded via email! actually hannah responded on msn.... shes special? and not in a good way.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy is annoying but not evil. Someone who says one thing and does another has doubled their chances of being half right. Empty Re: Hypocrisy is annoying but not evil. Someone who says one thing and does another has doubled their chances of being half right.

Post  Joseph Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:51 pm

Yo when i read this chapter for some reason it reminds me of the movie Terminator 2 ( Judgment Day )...yea..anyways...

Isaac brings out a good point about judgent, and im also gano add some stuff too...

Romans 2 says,

" You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same thing. Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment. Or do you show contempt for the riched of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing the God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

I know every single one of us in this world has judged another peson before. People might not know that, BUT God knows. God knows everything, he watches you where ever you go, even in the bathroom. But then why do we do all these sins when we know that God is watching us. At that moment is when satan is in control of you. He wants to see you fall apart, he wants us to be far apart from God. But God says never give up, God is telling us that we are stong and satan is weak. God can do remarkable things, so lets have trust in God. God will guide you and protect you.

So from the passage above, God says that we shouldnt judge others. If we judge others then the Lord will also judge you. God will not judge you back right away but he will later in your life time. And it will not look pretty. In the verse it mentioned that we cannot escape from God. I found this pretty scary, because if you commited a sin, and you try to walk about from it, that will never happen. God will always know your every move. However God says that you can ask for forgiveness. He says, pray to me and i shall grant your prayers. But when you ask for forgivness but then later on if you do the same sin again and again, the Lord will not be happy. It is showing that you have given up. So, lets stand up for God, and show satan who we are. Amen..

" To those who who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality he will give eternal life, but for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the jewm the for the Gentile; but glory honor and peacefor everyone who does good; first for the jew, the for the Gentile.

I found this verse also interesting, so i thought it would be good to share it with you guys. God is sending our a message to every single on of us here. He says that if we do good things God shall give you eternal life, but if we follow evil, there will be anger in you. When God mentioned about doing good things, i think he means by following his commandments. God wants us to spread the gospel all around the world so they can get to know God. And that is consider a good thing. in the other hand, God mentioned about following evil, God is telling us that if we disobey the Lord, he shall bring anger in you. Anger, distress, trouble, worry, violence is a sign of evil. However, the things that we should have in our hearts are, happyness, gentelness, kindness, faithfulness, patients, love, joy, grace, peace, self control, etc. God says we should have all these things in our hearts. This will bring good things in others and in christ.

AMEN.......

Have a good day guys, and may God be with you.....
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy is annoying but not evil. Someone who says one thing and does another has doubled their chances of being half right. Empty Re: Hypocrisy is annoying but not evil. Someone who says one thing and does another has doubled their chances of being half right.

Post  Allan Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:48 pm

At the shop right now, reading...what the Hec am I reading anyway. Give me a sec it's called "Han Baki", It's about martial arts and it is amazing, lol no customers

Similar to Isacc's devo; don't judge others. Don't judge other for their sins for you are a sinner yourself. Don't live a life of a hypocrite, don't point fingers and let your mouth spew nonsense and garbage. Onyl God has the will to judge. He is free of sin, so he is the only one who can truly judge. He is not clouded with pride, jelously, etc. Hold you tounge from judging others.

It's hard sometimes, and we do it out of reflex, but for our own benefit we have to take the effort to control our pride, whatever that may force us to judge
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:52 pm

I haven't doing homework for awhile.

Hypocrisy. Everyoen does it, but CHristians are the ones who do it the most. We always say don't do this, but we end up doing it, because in the end w'ere human, BUT it's that fact that you're tryign to change and improve... that's what sets us apart.
I really didn't get much from this chapter, mainly because i'm dozing off ahaha.
But one other point, God doesn't show favourites. It encrouages me to be even mroe humble and patient, i don't know why.
I guess i just feel humbled that God wouldn't choose anyone over me or under me , like w'ere all equal.
It's just a blessing isn't it?>
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Why is the title of this topic so deep?? Hahahaha, brain food.

Romans 2

Today's passage was just a great reminder of the significance of not only knowing the Word, but living by it. Sam always says how even the Atheists can know everything about the Bible, but that doesn't mean they're saved or founded in Christ. We have to distinguish ourselves by living out what we say we believe, because our actions are the only things worth anything.

15 They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.

I like that part. Are the things that we learn from each Sunday and our daily devos carefully added to the writing on our hearts?

In the part about the Jews and the Law I liked this verse:
And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God’s Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise[d] from God, not from people.

1. "True circumcision" is not about knowing and following every law to the tee, but a change of heart that only the Spirit can give you. It's when your heart understands why it's right or wrong, not just when you blindly follow.

2. When your heart changes through the Spirit, you start wanting to live your life for God, so it becomes easier to not fall into the temptations of this world and of man.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:12 am

ahaha it was on my starbucks cup while i was writing my devos.. and now that i look back i did my devos on hypocrites... TOTALLY BY CHANCE .
What have we learned? God works through Starbucks cups... he loves his lattes
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:26 am

haha....yo how do u change ur display picture for your account...this baby is so anoying, my mom was like what the....
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:30 am

you ask... and it is granted...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down