Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Break counting....! du dun dun

+5
Allan
Cathy
Andy
Isaac
JacobPk
9 posters

Go down

March Break counting....! du dun dun Empty March Break counting....! du dun dun

Post  JacobPk Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Hey ga-jok-deul. ahaaha
I skipped the first 2 classes just to study for Chem. Apprently the test is really easy so siiiiick.
ANyway thought i might take a break and do devos.

The first thing i thought abot when i read the first section of this chapter, was the retreat. You know how we talked about being worshippers first and musicians second. Now's our chance, to build up on that, to build up more on our spirituality, to get intimate with God. I want us to take this retreat as a poourtunity to grow, to change, to accept and to learn. We have alot of newcomers coming to this retreat so let's take advantage of it! Lets them know that we love them, and let us set the examples. We are the face of the congregation, and like Sam said we set the tone. The only way to do that is to actually worship instead of playing. When the congregation sees that we're worshipping rather than just paying and singing, won't they want to experience that too? I kno i would.
SO i say,,, LETS GO Smile san tokki.

Stand firm guys, as the last section talks about being firm. Don't let little things shake you, althought we have school and stress, remember always that God comes first. Let God know that you are struggling! Let God know everything. Isaac told me his grades have gone up because he gave up all his stress to God and he prayed about it. Let God know, let him become yoru best friend! We're singing that ahah sick sick
Have a good wednesday!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

March Break counting....! du dun dun Empty Re: March Break counting....! du dun dun

Post  Isaac Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:45 pm

"15So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings[c] we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter"

Hold to your teachings. In Proverbs 3:5 it says "Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding."
This is by far one of my favorite Proverbs passages. I quote this because when it said hold to your teachings, i remembered this verse because it was the one that really "taught" me when i read proverbs for the first time. This is my favorite cause in one sentence, it sums up what we have to do. Trust God (therefore) trust the word (therefore) do as it says and do not lean on your own understanding.

Please please please keep up with devos... please?

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

March Break counting....! du dun dun Empty Re: March Break counting....! du dun dun

Post  Andy Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:25 pm

stand firm!

the chapter talks about standing firm. Sure we learn about God thru Sam's sermons and such and we read scripture, but we actually have to believe in it and follow thru with it. It is 2 completely different things when someone learns about it and when someone does something about it, hehe learned about the difference of informed and active citizens in civics class. Especially with the retreat coming up and all we need to check our faith and make sure it is at a right level with God, we have to put in to action everything we have learned.

march break soon!

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:09 pm

HEY GUYSSSS
kk so ever since ive had more time this week ive been napping ridiculous amounts and now by sleeping schedule is even more retarded than before Razz
hahah one more day of school and im DONEEEE WOOT WOOT!
guys all of my friends are going away for the march break and im going to be left alone. to wither in anti-socialness
SAVE ME FROM WITHERING!

haha anywhooooo
2 Thessalonians 2:
This verse.. scared me.. great amounts.
"The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 10and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness."
I dunno man.. the fact that it said that God sends them a delusion so that they will be deceived? i was like. WHY WOULD GOD DO THAT? :s
but the more i think about it, the chapter states that these people perish becuase they 'refused to love the truth and so be saved'. So it must be their previous lives, their previous disbelief of God that brought them to this state. so this kinda showed me that you cant just like.. convert last minute and expect to be ssaved. that our lives NOW before aything happen determnine what happens when we die. So we need to be strong NOW we need to stand firm today Smile epic.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

March Break counting....! du dun dun Empty Office Divider...GREAT

Post  Allan Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:35 pm

ughhh I was sleeping, and the stupid office divider fell over...talk about a rude awakening. I WANT A ROOM!!!

lol , seriously who ever heard of a falling office divider ughh groggy @!%$

Wow, heavy stuff, the man of lawlessness. A man who who will deceive everyone by counterfeit powers, and will be the messenger of Satan. Honestly not going to lie this kind of freaked me out. Even today there are so many false prophets, and speculation and it could be overwhelming. For example, there is a theory that the next pope will be the last pope before "Armageddon". It's a scary thought , same with this OMG 2012.

But I think anything that can hinder us can be a annoyance. But I got the message to be "STAND FIRM", and if you start to buckle' that's what fellow brothers and sisters are for, they will grab you and help you back at your feet.

most excellent good, lol doing OTHELLO in english
K THAT'S MY TWO CENT sry cap on
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:08 pm

HOLLA.

I'm pretty stoked for this weekend, not gonna lie.

2 Thessalonians 2

The first part really got me thinking and kind of freaked me out, trying to figure out what a feasible man of lawlessness might look like in our times. And with such a large world, are we going to hear about him, etc? And all these other technical questions. But I've come to realize that when that day comes, we'll simply know.

I liked the second half better, where it tell us to STAND FIRM.
I appreciate how Paul mentions that God has CHOSEN us from the very beginning, and that we might SHARE in the "glory of our Lord Jesus Christ". From all this, I made the link to how since we've been chosen, it's not only our responsibility to stand firm in all our teachings, but to take the opportunity to SHARE with non-believers just as Christ CHOSE to SHARE with us. Haha.
This coming retreat, let's make it an opportunity to exercise both. As leaders, let's stand firm, despite all the spiritual warfare that will be sure to wage on - who knows what things Satan will put in our way, but we need to put our faith in God and tunnel through (Remember the winter retreat, when we thought we couldn't use the facility? Prayer and faith went a long, long way...) And with a bunch of the younger ones and newcomers coming on this retreat, let's take the effort to really show that we're not a clique in our Hi-C as the leaders, but show true leadership and take the time to share our love with them and make them feel so welcome.

STOKED.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 pm

OLLA, yo im so siked for this weekned too..its gano be sick..So anyways heres my devotion...

But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

So i found this passage really loving. It is telling us how God loves us so much. That God saved us because he knew that we had hope and faith in him. So by giving thanks the Lord brought grace and peace in this world and in are minds. It also says that we should never give up, and we should always have God in our hearts. If we have God in are hearts he will be there for you. And by the grace and peace the Lord has given us is to encourage us and to show love. So the Lord is telling us to always think about the positive and ever the negative. For ex) If we say we cannot do that, then you will never be able to do it, but if we say we can do it, then we can do it. You know what i mean. Yup, so anyways God will always be with you, so always be happy. If your happy then the world is happy.

AMEN....

Have a good day guys, cya friday....
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:44 am

ahaha allan im doing othello too
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:52 am

Hey guys, whazaaaa?

Wow... this Chapter was really... compelling in so many ways.
Paul says all these things that will happen; how the ultimate anti-Christ will come to earth and show off all these great things and lead people away from God, and things like that.
It's pretty scary... I mean, there would be SOO many people who would choose to believe this anti-Christ who is tangible and can do miraculous things, rather than believe in God and His Scripture. This is because not everybody is probably knowledgable about the Scripture, therefore they haven't accepted God into their lives yet.
If I hadn't been with you guys, I will probably be led astray by that anti-Christ as well, since I do'nt know much about Christianity and God.
This leads into what Sam always says about how nobody is in the congregation by accident, everyone is there because they have experienced God and wants to experience Him even more.
"We are always thankful that God chose you to be among the first to experience salvation-" I think this verse sums up what i want to say about this.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Sorry! I forgot to post this last night...

I think I learned a new part about Jesus' return through this chapter. The fact that there will be a great rebellion before the Lord coming back was something new that I learned. I really liked how Paul, Silas and Timothy talk about God overthrowing the "man of lawlessness" with the breadth of His mouth and destroy him by the splendor of His coming. This part revealed God's power over everyone.

I also liked the last bit of this chapter where Paul, Silas and Timothy remind us to thank God for our being chosen to be saved. Also, Paul, Silas and Timothy remind us to stand firm in our faith and in Christ because He is the one who gave us eternity and loved us from the very beginning.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down