Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sitting, wishing, waiting... for winter break

Go down

Sitting, wishing, waiting... for winter break Empty Sitting, wishing, waiting... for winter break

Post  Michael Ha Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:07 am

Hey guys! I enjoyed the retreat so much, can't wait for the next one!
Hope the few of us that went to Moosehead (right?) had a great time there!

I just have a few questions about this Chapter, why are the things that Rachel stole called "gods" what are these things? Also, what does "Fear of Isaac" mean? It's capitalized so is it referring to God? Also, is Jacob favoured by God just because of Isaac's blessings, or is Jacob favoured by God because of his actual... personality. I think Jacob is pretty sly and not really that "good" of a person. It's a loose definition, but in the long shot I don't see Jacob doing something good for other people besides himself.
Other than the questions... I learned from this Chapter that:
1. When you confront somebody for something and you're not entirely sure of it (ie. if you think somebody took something but you're not entirely sure) then you should not be positive or negative in asking for an honest answer.
2. When you are confronted, you should allow the person to deplore all aspects of the 'crime' so that the person can make an actual-fact-based judgement about you through it. You shouldn't hide something from the person, like Rachel did.

That's all folks.. next devo!!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down