Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 THESSALONIANS 1 1 1 1 1 1

+4
Isaac
Cathy
hannahlee
Joseph
8 posters

Go down

1 THESSALONIANS 1 1 1 1 1 1 Empty 1 THESSALONIANS 1 1 1 1 1 1

Post  Joseph Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Hello everyone, the retreat was so fun, to bad were back. Anyways heres my devotions for today..

1 THESSALONIANS 1 says,

Grace and peace to you, we always thank God for all of you mentioning you in our prayers, We continually remember before our God and Father you work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurace inspires by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Aight, so in this verse the word thanks in our prayer kinda boomed my mind. I totally agree what God is telling us, that we always say thatnks in our prayers. We all say thanks because what the Lord has done for us. And in verse 1 when it says Grace and Peace to you is one of the things i say thanks in my prayers. With out Grace and peace in this world, live would be so hard live in. God brought Grace and peace by sending his son down to earth to sacrifice himseld on the cross for our sins. So i thank God for this amazing gift.
In this passage it also talks about faith. To me, i think it means that when we pray, we must put out faith into it. If we do not, then God will not grant your prayers. We must believe that God will answer our prayers, we just need to have faith and patients. I would like to share one of the things i pray for. I pray for my brother and i so we can get along. And i have seen many changes with our relationship. And now my brother and i would appreciate with each other and stop fighting for dumb reasons. And i thank god for being there for my brother.

AMEN........

Have a good day guys and may God be with you......
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

1 THESSALONIANS 1 1 1 1 1 1 Empty Re: 1 THESSALONIANS 1 1 1 1 1 1

Post  hannahlee Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:20 pm

1 THESSALONIANS

We don’t need to tell them about it, 9 for they keep talking about the wonderful welcome you gave us and how you turned away from idols to serve the living and true God.

When I read these verses, I thought about the retreat session where Sam talked about how we can make our Hi-C more like a Christ-like body. In today's devotions, I really envisioned our ministry as one that makes newcomers feel so welcome, that makes allll long-term members feel like they're really part of something bigger, whether they're on a leadership team or not, etc. So I pray that we can keep pursuing that goal, and keep actively working to make things happen.

Let's use the forum to also share ideas for what we can do! The Leadership/Junior Leadership/Praise Teams don't always get the chance to meet like we did this weekend, so let's use this forum as an outlet to keep sharing thoughts of what we can do to change and improve things, so it doesn't just stop at retreats.

If you guys could keep everybody's health in your prayers...I know that Steven just went through surgery, and I've been sick with a throat infection. And I'm pretty sure I heard some other coughs ensuing yesterday! Thanks guys.

Have a good one,
H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:17 pm

Hey whats up guyss
Thessalonians 1:
"We think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ."
This verse was really an encouragement for me today. I'm not gonna lie, I had a pretty bad today. Started off with my school bus being 40 minutes late when I was waiting out in the cold in the thin layer of black that I call a winter coat. Just. grr a bunch of stuff went down, and I start freaking out when I think about how much i have to do in the next week or so.
But I find that this angstiness has lasted for a couple of weeks now, and my behaviour has changed so much. I found myself being rude, inconsiderate, and slightly-attention-seeking, and then I justified it to myself by saying 'well I've had a bad day'. But then I read today's passage and this verse really reminded me of the faithful work, loving deeds, and enduring hope that we should continue to live out, simply by the fact that we have Jesus. Nobody said that Christianity is easy - and even in this chapter, it talks about the sufferings that we endure as Christians. But even when we're going through tough times, it doesnt give us any sort of excuse or validation to act poorly, which is definetly what I've been doing. Instead, we shoudl use our relationship with Jesus to give us support - to have the strength to continue to act with Christian attitudes and values..
I remember on Sunday when a bunch of us were studying at the library that Isaac told me that his marks have gone up since he started praying to God about school, becuase why not? Scriptures tell us to pray with faith without hesitation and doubt, and also, doing so helps us to take the buren off our shoulders, and results in less stress. So this all tied together for me, I think I'm really going to go around my problems in a different way. Smile

PS I found a new Christian friend at school! hahahha thats TWO NOW! WOOT WOOT!
except he's more like. the coptic christian which one would think is completly different, and it is in terms of some things but ohh man egyptian churches are so much like ours Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:22 pm

"He is the one who has rescued us from the terrors of the coming judgment."

Rescued... one of my favorite songs is Came to my Rescue. The word rescue implies certain things. It means that someone is in NEED and someone can HELP that person. It also implies that the person saving the other person is of higher power. That, to me, fits Jesus perfectly.

I want to share something i learned a few weeks ago. I was watching tv, and was watching the first game Tiger Woods played after his return from surgery. They asked him in an interview, "when will you stop playing?" He said "When i dont get nervous before i play...because at that point, i dont care about the game anymore". When we get nervous before we play i think its a good sign. it shows we care. And when we dont do as well as we thought and get angry at ourselves, i think thats also a sign that we care.

-Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:52 am

thank thank thank

starts off with "we always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers." It is sooooo easy just living our lives, taking everything for granted, and forgetting to thank God. I think its the fact that we never had NOTHING, we always had SOMETHING, even though it might seem like we have nothing. There are some people in this world that have absolutely nothing, like the kids in africa..if they had something small like a toy or even a small meal, they would be thanking and thanking like there was no tomorrow. We cant really experience that, but we must always keep in our minds to thank God for EVERYTHING, whether it be something small, like the weather or something big like a healing. We have to be in constant prayer and be thanking God at all times.

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:06 am

"And now the word of the Lord is ringing out from you to people everywhere, even beyond Macedonia and Achaia, for wherever we go we find people telling us about your faith in God."

I learned from the verse above, and the rest of the Chapter which pertained to the theme of spreading Faith, that if one truly worships God and loves Him, they will spread His word to as many people as they can.
I didn't get much else out of this Chapter. lol
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:35 am

Hey guys, i know you guys are sooo tired, and we're really sorry for putting this on you guys with such short notice about the retreat and stuff.
Let's keep praying for strength/ endurance and for this retreat to be a great one! FOr those who haven't replied back to the email i sent out please do so!

I,too, like the word "Rescue" ahaha
4 FOr we know brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the holy spirit and with deep conviction.

This reminded me of how important a role each person has, not just within our praise team, but within our leadership team, teachers and ministry. The rold being big or small doesn't make a difference, in God's eyes, they are all the same because "serving" can't be measured. Bringing glory to God's kingdom is what OUR role is. A role in bringing glory to God has no "Big" or "Small". JUst like how sin is sin, a role is a role, to God there is no range because they all have the same purpose.
Also, i feel honoured knowing that he has chosen me, and that the gospel came to me. That now i can freely read scripture, and not just read it, but apply it in my life. I know most of you can agree with me, the BIBLE isn't just a text of words, some people may see it as this, but most christians do not. Just like how the verse says it, the bible doesn't just appear as words, it's a source. the Bible is MORE than words, it's what connects us with God, gives us strength, understanding, Holy spirit etc.

Let's continue to pray for Hannah and Steve, and all our minor sniffles.
Steve is most likely going to do his surgery tomorrow.

San tok.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:09 am

1 Thessalonians 1

v.3 "We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ."

I think this verse shows how everything we do can be done through God. I used to think that God could not have His place in my schoolwork, but I know that we can have motivation through our trust and faith in God's power. Later in the chapter, it talks about the Thessalonians being a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. What I learned at the retreat was that people in our ministry really look up to all of us just because we are leaders. They cannot really see if our faith is like the Thessalonians, but, because we serve, it's natural that people look up to us. Let's not forget that we do everything for and through God, and continually strengthen our relationship with God and with each other through the Word.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down