Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Semester... Start!

4 posters

Go down

2nd Semester... Start! Empty 2nd Semester... Start!

Post  JacobPk Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Great job today guys, although it was my first time leading, it was you guys who made it happen. It felt like you guys were all leading with me, so awesome job. But remember, it was God who actually worked through us, so lets thank him aha.

I really like this verse "Draw close to God and He will Draw close to you."
You are as close to God as you choose to be. Remember the doors are always open, it's up to you to decide to listen. Your relationship with Christ can only become intimate and trustworthy when your heart is willing to accept him over everything else. Knowing this, wouldn't you want to have your relationship with CHrist to grow? Keep that in mind this week. It also ties in with if "Jesus was watching you" every you go.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

2nd Semester... Start! Empty Re: 2nd Semester... Start!

Post  Suji Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Sorry guys. I forgot totatlly about devotions after Luke. Hence by this evidence you can see that I'm not that great on the devotion thing with God. I know theres no excuse for the negligence so in the future if I miss a devotion you guys have to be harsh at me for being the unfaithful partner in the relationship. (as in an email not a text form of penis- would appreciate it thanks)

So I think I'm gonna do the book of Ruth just for some female biblical information because of my future ohana female group and the junior leadership girls: Hanna Yoon and Victoria Lee (wohoo!)

Ruth Chapter 1
Naomi has a husband and two sons whom are married to Orpah and Ruth. Her sons and husband pass away leaving her and her daughters without any breadwinners or children. Naomi tells her daughter in laws to go back to their people for if they live with her they will have to work hard to the bone without any men to support them. Orpah leaves but Ruth stays with her mother-in- law. WOW. I don't think I would stay with my omanie if my husband passed away, I would probably go back to my family especially if I didn't have a job and my omanie didn't have insurance. However Ruth stays with her Lord- disliking omanie because she is loyal, faithful and loving

To have a heart that ultimately cares for others and is not selfish is to be a woman of God- or man of God Smile

Later Days and deep regret for not doing past devotions
Suji
Suji
minion

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:20 am

hey guys! AHAHAHA STEELERS WONNNNN. Sam owes me $3 in nickels Very Happy

so i m still reading Romans and in chapter 13 it talks about "Respect For Authority". It makes sense, it says the people in charge are put there by God, so by disobeying them is disobeying God. But what about bad leaders? do we respect them still? I like how Romans talks about directly relatable topics like Leadership and Taxes and why we pay them.

Anywho have a good week guys!

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:25 am

Hey guyss
Sorry this devo is late but I sorta did this on purpose.
I had a very interesting experience today.. i went to a white church with my friend! hahah dont worry, im not ditching the good ol' milal. But i really wanted to see what it was like because going to milal for 7 years and a catholic school where people aren't actually 'christian' really made me think that christians were korean. ahha i mean i knew that there were other ethnicities with the same faith as us, but it was never a reality for me until tonight. And I thought that I'd share my experience as my devotions for today.

I think the most important thing about tonight was that for the first time in my life, I worshipped with someone who wasn't from milal! (except maybe at vision x). I know I've proabably told you guys about my friend Jennifer, the only Christian friend I have outside of church. And so today I went to one of the smaller branches of her church (its actually in a room in north york centre).. And I really had the chance to worship with her. And at first I was really awkward and self-conscious because well.. I was new and i had never had my school friends be a part of the whole worship thing. But at one point we had the chance to pray for each other and it just really reminded me that my faith shouldn't be just a part of my life at church , but I should bring it into all aspects of my life - especially school. Tonight I felt like my two worlds were colliding and it was CRAZY but it was AMAZING. And I think it's a great way to start off my new semester - to go with the goal of really showing Jesus' love through my own life - my own actions.. Sorta like what I talked about yesterday if any of you guys read my devos. Scriptures say that people should know that we are Christian by our love. And I really hope that I can do more of that at school. So I really want to let God reign my entire life and have him b e a part of alll of my friendships. TOday in Sam's sermon he talked about how different our lives or our actions would be if we physically saw Jesus beside us wherever we went. And as awkward and creepy it is to picture it, it's acutlaly so true. Not in the physical, creepy way ofcourse, but God really is watching us and he's with us no matter where we go or how we feel. So no matter where we are, whether it be school or church or home.. We should really remember that Jesus is with us always - that we can't have 3 separate lives and sometimes lock God away in a box. But we need to really let him b e a part of ALL of us and just take over:)

But I also want to share with YOU GUYS especially about what the pastor spoke about. She was a very small, pretty and very young asian lady. And luckily enough, today's topic was about women and relationships. Hahha so for all of you men with your women jokes, this sermon was for you! Bahhaa.
So she used the verse from Genesis 1: 26 "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [b] and over all the creatures that move along the ground." And she talked about how with the feminist movement and the modernization of our society, there's this sort of unspoken (or sometimes very spoken) battle for power between men and women. The bible verse says that people are giving ruling power over the animals and the fish and the birds, but never over each other. And she did this demonstration with her arms that I can't quite describe, but she showed us that when people are struggling and fighting for power, the devil comes and uses the cracks and gaps that form as a result of the fighting to break the whole relationship. And that's when people start hurting and having lots of anger towards the other sex. But God has given the genders different roles - the men as the protector and the gate, and the women has the ones to care ane nurture. And by respecting each other and not struggling for power, that we form such a strong unity that Satan can't break. Smile
So yup that really gave me perspective on how to look at things - and in no way am I using this to guilt trip any of you men, I know (or hope Razz) that you guys are joking with your woman jokes, and I also think that many feminists are way too extreme and instead of fighting for equality, they fight for woman-supremity
So yup thats what I learned today. Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:44 am

thats good to hear you had a good time cathy, i want to see other cultures worship one, same, God too.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down