Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke Chapter 23 Devotion

+5
Isaac
Joseph
JacobPk
Michael Ha
Allan
9 posters

Go down

Luke Chapter 23 Devotion Empty Luke Chapter 23 Devotion

Post  Allan Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:50 pm

Well, I said I was going to study for the acounting exam at the Library, but it's accounting...so "Devo Time!!!"
Wow I had no idea that North York Library had like a little music practice room.

Umm, well I didn't really get anything from this verse, well we all dissected this chapter down like so many times. But if there is one thing that caught my mind, it has to be the man that was cruxifed with Jesus. He probably did something really bad to be cruxified, and he talked to Jesus, saying how he was innoncent and he himself deserved the punishment. While Jesus was near his death he still some how brought a lost soul to God. The man was going to "paradise", with Jesus. So I guess we eally don't have any excuse of not sharing God with someone. I mean we say we are bust, I am so guilty of this too, but Jesus while he was dying was able to save just one more person to God.

Well that is my Devo
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Luke Chapter 23 Devotion Empty Re: Luke Chapter 23 Devotion

Post  Michael Ha Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:35 pm

Conduct a review of a media source, either a Web site or a magazine article, based on the theories on the origin of life.
The above is my in-class assignment for Biology class tmr
I'm gonna do it on Scientology d-o-b good stuff good stuff...

Haha Allan, I'm supposed to be reading a book for English.. but bible > book so.. =]
Alrite...

I don't understand the meaning behind what Jesus says to the daughters of Jerusalem...

It's funny how the other victim of the crucifixion was laughing at Jesus for not saving Himself, when the prisoner couldn't free himself either.
I looked at this situation figuratively, out of the context of prisoner talking to Jesus, and replaced the ridiculing prisoner with a non-believer who murdered and I replaced Jesus with a Christian who was framed. In the end, both of the people were sentenced to death, but the non-believer who murdered ridicules the Christian saying, "Where's your God now?" and I think of the Christian saying, "He knows of my innocence and is waiting for me in heaven."
This Chapter told me that a Christian in a tight spot is different from a non-believer in the same situation.
The latter will seek to ridicule others, and according to Sam's sermon, committing murder even until they draw their very last breath.
However, the Christian will be calm in their knowledge that God knows what's just vs. injust and that He will decide your fate.
In the end, why does it matter what happens in this life when there's only eternal happiness waiting for you?
By the line above I don't mean we should live our lives to die, but rather, when the time comes, we shouldn't be grudging against God but looking forward to meeting Him in heaven.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:24 pm

aha i was suppose to study too, but did nothing. When i got home from finch my parents weren't home and i don't have a key so i waited in the lobby for an hour. ahaha and i just finished waztching the movie "My father". Pretty sad.

I feel bad for Pilate, but at the same time not, because although he wanted to save Jesus he couldn't. He valued his earthly position and his reputation more than saving Jesus himself. Are there times where you put what you think is more important than God himself? I know i have. There have been times where i would tell my friends i can't make it to something because i have to play soccer, when i actually had to go to a leadership meeting. I've learned that i should value God more under any circumstance.
Respond back to Isaac's email guys!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:29 pm

Hello everyone.....the junior leadership team meeting was so fun, we discused about alot of things, pretty sick..Anyways heres my devotion...

As i read through this passage i found the Crucifixion most interesting, even though it is really sad. I think it talks about when Jesus and the other two crimals who are being crucified. In verse 41 it says "We are punished justly for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong. In this verse i think the man on the right side of Jesus is saying this. He is telling the man on the left that there is a reason why we two criminals are here. He is saying that we deserve this because of the sinful things we have done. But also he is saying that this man in the middle has done nothin wrong. And in verse 43, Jesus says "I tell you the truth today you will be with me in paradise. In this verse Jesus i telling the person on his right that he is going to come to heaven with me, because Jesus knows that this man truly believes that he has sin against Jesus. And Jesus see's that this man on my right side believes in the lord.

I also had a question that was similar with mikes. In verse 28, it says that "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, weep for yourselves and for your children. I dont really understand when Jesus says the word weep. So if you guys do know, can u plz respond..Thnx guys

AMEN.......

Take care everyone..
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Hey guys! we played well today! im proud of us.

I like the criminal that asked Jesus to remember him. Like imagine you were on death row and the person next to you said he was God. Would you believe him? i dont think i would.

Other than that i didnt get to much. Mainly because we read this but this is in the eyes of someone else.

Have a good week guys!

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:16 pm

You know which song you all need to listen to?
Pokerface by Lady Gaga
Oh my goodness. I'm obsessed with that song.
"p-p-p-pokerface p-p-pokerface..."

v.46 "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.
When I read this verse, I could feel the honesty with which Jesus spoke. The story of Jesus' death is definitely one that touches many people because of his selfless and sacrificing act. However, when I read the story again today, I'm not only admiring his love for us, but also the love, faith, and trust that he had in God. Jesus is definitely one person who was not afraid to let go of his control over his life so that God would be the one in control.

-D
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Suji Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:25 pm

Hey guys- had junior leadership meeting today- those kids got some weird minds these days
Seeing them going through what we went through at their age kinda made me feel old Sad
oh well- gr11 only

and sorry for posting this late- mee han neh

umm, didn't really see anything past the words
same as Issac- was like a story but in a diff perspective

Later days!- and good luck for hmnk and exams Smile
Suji
Suji
minion

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:43 pm

MIKE! SCIENTOLOGISTS ARE CRAZYYY! hahah
i researched them for my french oral exam and YOOOOOO they're intense.
i had an encounter with them. haha you may find my long rant about them from a devo like. a week back
hahha

anyways
I agree with you guys i couldnt really apply any of this in my life. But i do love rereading these passages. What I noticed about this is that this wasn't written in some huge epic way. It had a calmer tone to it and that jusst really showed me how Jesus really accepted his fate. He didn't make some big fuss or create a lot of drama about his fate.. Becuase he knew that this is what he had to do, even though its like. the greatest amount of pain any one could possibly go through.
And I think this really reminds me that i need to STOP COMPLAINING Razz
hahha you guys know how much i complain.. and my little bits of teenage-angst-pain is NOTHING compared to the pain that Jesus had to go through - being persecuted for only doing good, carrying the burden of the sins of the world, going through the physical pain, being humiliated, etc.
So yup. i wanna be more like Jesus and not complain
Keep me accountable guys! if you hear me complaining tell me to shut up Very Happy
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:00 am

sorry for the tardiness! aigoo..

Luke 23

In response to what Mike was wondering (in case it's missed)...I think in v.28 when Jesus addresses the Daughters of Jerusalem, he's foreshadowing to them the bigger hardships that are to come...He's telling them not to pity him for his death, not to cry for him, but to cry for themselves, for since the world was about to be stripped of the Son of God, things would be noticeably harder for the people. That's how I interpreted it, hope that helps.

V.31 "For if me do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?"

I just like this verse, because it makes a lot of sense. Jesus is saying, if you guys go about sinning and committing evil deeds when the Son of God is present, God Himself is with you, and spiritual conditions are ideal, then what will happen when Jesus ascends into heaven? When things are that much harder for people on earth, how are the people going to remain true to the Word, when they can't even do it under perfect conditions??
I can't find a direct application to my life. But with some twisty turns, I could interpret it as speaking to how each and everyone of us are incredibly lucky to have been called by God and accepted Him into our hearts at this young age. We have that advantage, because there are some people that don't encounter Him until much later on in their lifetime. In any case, since our spiritual situation is pretty 'ideal', with a congregation that supports you, team members that care about you, etc. we should take the most advantage of it as possible, and not be left to figure out how lucky we were, only on a day when everything turns for the worse (not that that is going to happen). It challenges me to be a little more thankful and take advantage of the fact that the tree is green.

Have a great day guys!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content