Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 7 7 7 7 7 7 se7en

+2
Isaac
JacobPk
6 posters

Go down

7 7 7 7 7 7 7 se7en Empty 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 se7en

Post  JacobPk Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:30 am

Sick practice today, Isaac we missed you ahaha

I want to generalize something the one key point in this chapter. All of the sub-stories have to do with faith.
So just to keep this short i want to say "Have faith in God and He will provide." The instant you don't have faith in God, your prayers are meaningless because you don't believe, your devos are meaningless because you don't put your faith into practice. Always have faith in God.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

7 7 7 7 7 7 7 se7en Empty Re: 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 se7en

Post  Isaac Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:30 am

Hey guys! Sorry i couldnt make it today for practice. I was very sick... my sister thinks i have the flu. Which isnt good... but i feel a little better. My fever has gone down.

We always hear about the story of the women who washed Jesus' feet with her hair but i never got to read what Jesus says after. He makes an amazing point. "he who has been forgiven little loves little." That stuck out to me a lot today.

I really wanted to go today and play with you guys Sad hope practice went well!

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:18 pm

FEEL BETTER ISAAC! We missed you!

Luke 7: I loved the part where the roman officer says,
"Lord don't trouble Yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of such an honor. I am not even worthy to come and meet You. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. I know this becasue I am under the authroity of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, Go, and they go, or Come, and they come. And if I say to my slaves, Do this, they do it."

LOVE IT. This man displayed SO MUCH FAITH it's crazy. He recognized really how much power jesus had - even against the mysterious forces of illness. He knew that he could order his servants or his soldiers, and that they would follow his command, becasue of the power and authority that he has. But on a much bigger scale, Jesus has this sort of power over the entire world - even things that arent' technically commandable. Like um.. illness? And because of this he said that it wasn't even necessary that Jesus came to his house. He said that he was not worthy of meeting him, of being before him. What a humble man. This reminds me of that passage when. (insert Biblical name here) stands before God and all this wack stuff happened where like 7-winged angels came and he was on the ground, just completly overwhelmed by the greatness of God, fearful and fully worshipping. haha im sorry my memory sucks that's all I remember. But anyways the point of that is that compared to God we are so utterly unworthy - we are weak sinners against his ultimate power, love, amazingness. And this really humbles me to know taht despite this, God cares for us, he continues to take us back and reach out to us, even when we turn away.
Man God kicks butt.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:37 pm

I'm also going to post Luke 8 here :

LUKE 8:
Btw I just must comment about the woman who had suffered for 12 years with constant bleeding. 12 years of constantly having your period? that is CRAZYY MY FRIENDS.

JESUS CALMS THE STORM
Jesus and his discples were on a boat and there was a huge storm and eveyrone started freaking out and they thought they were going to drown and die. But then when jesus woke, he simply rebuked the wind and raging waves, and everything was calm. Jesus then says, "Where is your faith?" I liked this chapter because it reminded me of how easily Jesus can bring us calm and peace in the midst of chaos. When bad, scary and chaotic things happen in our lives - it's easy to start freaking out and considering all the negative possibilties, etc. hahah I know i do. But when we lift it up to Jesus and allow him to handle it, he simmply calms the storm. Now, this doesnt mean that he's automatically going to take the problem away, but that he'll give us peace - he takes away the burden from our shoulder, and fills us with the Holy Spirit. In this way, we will not become obsessed with the worries of the world. Instead, he helps us to have faith and focus on the spirit - not the world around us but what's inside our hearts. Smile
Let's all worry less and give it up to God!
And also, I thought i'd add

"You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall. "
-Lifehouse's everything
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Bud, hope you feel better!!

Luke 7

v.8 "For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
One thing that my friend always says bothers me; she always tells me not to pray about petty little things because God has bigger things to worry about. From this verse, it's clear that God provides for those who ask, those who seek and those who knock. To me, God doesn't care if we pray about huge dilemmas or little requests because all He wants is for us to depend on Him for everything.

Today, I was waiting for my dad to pick me up outside the library, and a creepy man was walking around, yelling at random people. I was soo scared, so I kept on praying for like fifteen minutes. Praying gave me a sense of comfort and security.

Everyone has once hesitated before asking God for something, but I think that we should never question ourselves. God loves hearing our voice, and I think it's great to bring everything to Him before anyone else.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Sorry, my earlier post was Matthew 7. Crapp

Luke 7

In this chapter, we can see that God does bless those who are meek, lonely, and sick. Jesus brings the son of a widow back to life because He sees how lonely and torn she is, and blesses with her. He also blesses the sinful woman with His love when everyone else looks down at her. In Psalms, there's a passage in which God says that He is the father to the fatherless and a defender of widows. This chapter reminded me not only of Jesus' unconditional love, but God's promise.

In the beginning of this chapter, a centurion (which I thought was a horse) sends his friends to tell Jesus that the centaurion doesn't deserve Jesus' help because he's not worthy enough. Here, his humble nature shows Jesus how faithful he is. Yesterday, Sayah told us that we are our enemy because we might get too technical or prideful or distracted. Being humble and reminding ourselves that God is above us, I think, will keep us grounded and faithful.
dennis
dennis
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:25 pm

Luke 8

v.10 "though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand."
To be honest, I was skimming through this chapter until I read this verse. When Jesus was telling the different parables, He had to explain what each of them meant because He knew that some of the people there would listen, but not understand. Also, there were people who witnessed God's miracles, yet didn't protest when Jesus was taken to the cross. Jesus, in this verse, says that people don't pay enough attention to God's word and His works. I know that if we didn't post our devos up, some of us might not get much out of reading the Word. By exploring the meaning behind each chapter, we can see how great and awesome God is. I remember Esther once told a few of the girls at a retreat that the Bible is the best book out there because she learns something new every time she reads it.

v.17 "For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open."
Living a honest life is very hard; everyone has secrets that they want to keep to themselves. Jesus tells us that secrets aren't really secrets because He knows our lives even better than we do. Knowing that He knows all of my secrets is definitely uncomfortable, but I think that this pushes us to live honestly and sincerely. I also think that, sometimes, as praise team members, we might praise without meaning it because we can be preoccupied with the congregation and their willingness to praise. God knows if we are sincere and focused when we are up there, praising Him. So, I hope that, before every practice and service, we can remind ourselves that we are there not only to lead other people into praising God, but also to take part in the worship.

v.25 "Where is your faith?"
Even Jesus' disciples were quick to be afraid and worry about their tipping boat. I think it was last week that we learned, in our discipleship class, not to spend time worrying because it doesn't add a moment to our day. It's definitely hard to trust in God 100% and believe that every negative situation has its purpose in God's plan for us. But through reading the Word, I'm slowly seeing that God is present in everyone's life all the time, and there's really nothing to be anxious about. I hope that we will never stop growing in our faith and trust in God.

I'm excited for tomorrow Very Happy
dennis
dennis
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 am

Luke 8

I really liked the part where Jesus says" When they look, they won't really see. When they hear they won't understand."
So true isn't it? Humans are blinded by a barrier that they cannot get past, whether its sin, distraction. The barrier is what prevents people to come to know who God is. One man said this "I believe in heaven, i believe Christianity is true, but i enjoy the pleasure of sin more than the pleasure of God." It's quite amazing to see how corrupted our world can become and what it has become. They refuse to even try God, give him a chance.
I realized Luke talks alot about faith and how important faith is. Faith is EVERYWHERE even if its not in God. You have faith that the chair you're sitting on will hold you up. Faith is everywhere. Why not try putting faith in someone who created faith? who created us. Who IS the Creator? Thinking this way, my life can be more simple. God is my life, and HE should be my life.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:00 am

I think Chapter 7 has a theme in it which is: believing in God to have a direct impact on your life even though He's not physically there.
Jesus said John was the greatest man on Earth (smth like that) therefore He helped John's reputation.
Jesus also healed the Roman officer's slave without physically being there for the miracle.
The latter case really struck me, most people in that time probably thought the miracles were restricted to places where Jesus was present; for the miracles to happen Jesus MUST be around them.
However, the Roman officer thought beyond that.
He said, after he requested for Jesus's help and His presence, "My slaves come to me when I call them, but You don't have to come, because I know You will do the miracle despite being beside me." (not exact quote but in my own words)
God isn't here with us anymore... but by having faith like this Roman officer, I bet we could easily see God working in our lives.
Also, I think the messengers who are sent by John and the Roman official are metaphors to Jesus being the bridge between people who need confirmation and help from God.
But the above is just my IB BS.
Finally, I learned that God is always willing to forgive, no matter how much we have sinned.
But that doesn't mean we should exploit this and live a life full of sin...
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 pm

seven is sexy77777777777777777777777777777777777777777
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong