Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACTS 27; CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE..

+2
Isaac
hannahlee
6 posters

Go down

ACTS 27; CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE.. Empty ACTS 27; CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE..

Post  hannahlee Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:20 pm

Acts 27

I felt like I was reading a chapter from Robinson Crusoe or the Swiss Family Robinson. All in the bible. So surreal, hahaha. It's a Holy book of many trades, I guess...

1. It occurred to me just how much hard work they are going through for the judgment of this one man. They're sailing overseas, multiple times, making this long journey, just to come to a decision about this Paul character. It reminded me of the integrity that they had to their word back in those times. Simply because Paul said he wanted to appeal to Caesar, he's going through all this toil to go see him. The local officials had already declared that there was nothing guilty about his actions, but they take him anyways, because of Paul's prior declaration to want to go to Caesar. It indirectly reminds me to be a person of integrity with their words.

2. It's interesting to see the faith that all the men (soldiers and sailors, believers and non-believers) have in Paul's words, because they were good words. They were promises from God, through him, that they would all come out alive and safe, despite the grim circumstances, and they were eating up his words. They did everything that Paul instructed them, and it was just interesting to see them complying...Because that was them putting their faith in this God that they were putting Paul up in trial for, in the face of danger, they put their face in this being. Pretty interesting, but also pretty reflective of what people do even in our times, I think...In times of desperation, our faith spreads a little thinner.

SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW!!!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

ACTS 27; CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE.. Empty Re: ACTS 27; CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE..

Post  Isaac Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:48 am

mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 48 pages of accounting kills the eyes....

That was one hell of a misson. Back and forth, storms here and there.
I like how much faith he had in the angel of the Lord. He stood by it and inspired the people around him.

See you guys tomorrow!

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:14 am

I agree with Hannah, in times of desperation our faith spreads a little thinner ( don't know if thats a good thing) anyway, i'm going to say its positive thing. If you realize this, we probably don't even think about God throughout the whole day, EVEN when we do our devos. Sometimes there are days where i'm just reading it, not applying it. Carrying on, we sing that song " And iiiiiiiiiiii----i-i--i-i-i-i am desperate for you." Are we really desperate for God? Because if we were really desperate, and i mean like desperate 24/7. SHouldn't our faith spread 12738126347863524 % more? Why are we only desperate when we THINK we need God? No we should be desperate no matter the situation, because you can NEVER have enough of God.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

ACTS 27; CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE.. Empty ACTS CHAPTER 27

Post  Allan Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:39 am

man I had the best practice at home, man lol that was a sick 2 hours

What the world will never take ~ Very Happy

Man If I was Paul i was so going to say "I TOLD YOU SO" Can you imagine the sailors when they saw the storm...Crap he was right after all...@&#! lol But after the whole ordeal they were safe spared my the mercy of God, lol nice chance to spread the word, I mean come one stranded for days, I think it;s better then nothing. Lol

Sick Practice tomm...well technically today lol

C YOU GUYS
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:52 am

aww what a nice story Smile
God saves the people on the ship, and he tells Paul this so he propehcizes.. Even though people dont' listen to Paul at first, they listened in times of despearation.
Which reminds me of the term 'hospital believers', where a lot of people only start praying when they or someone they love is sick.. And as much as the ending to the story is lovely and everyone gets saved, these people only belived and respected Paul when they had nothing left.
And this really reminds me that a lot of the times, we find ourselves doing this too. We think that we can do everything on our own but then when bad stuff happens and we're desparate we turn to God.
But rememebr what Esther says, 'Pray hardest when you're happy because that's when bad things are about to happen' And even though it seems really like skeptical and emo at first it makes sense.. We shouldnt leave God to a last resort, he should be first, becuase we should know at all times that we can't be without him.
I guess I really need to learn that - I really slacked in my devos this week because school was absolutely murdering me and I was like.. not sleeping or eating and it was just a very bad week. And I still kept pushing God away becuase i 'didnt have time' . pfft what bs coming from Cathy pak, eh?
Im really gonna try harder to make God first

Also, sorry I couldnt' be at practice today you guyss! Sad My parents are very cautious in times of snow storms and they wouldn't let me out of the house today cause of the snow. But I hope you guys are having a blast, and I will see you Sunday!
PS to my Kris kringle, I am very sorry, your present will come Sunday, but I swear i had it all prepared before. It is sitting on my desk now as we speak. Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:40 am

everybody becomes seriously religious in times of hardship... why couldn't people be like that on a regular day basis?
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down