Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts Chapter 18 Devotion noitoveD 81 retpahC stcA

+4
JacobPk
Steven.Hong
dennis
Allan
8 posters

Go down

Acts Chapter 18 Devotion noitoveD 81 retpahC stcA Empty Acts Chapter 18 Devotion noitoveD 81 retpahC stcA

Post  Allan Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:14 pm

Yay had the easiest math test ever!!! 2 more test to go...UGHHH Sad

lVerse 28

For he vigorously refuted the the Jews in public debate, proving from the scriptures that Jesus was he Christ.

All the questions we will hear from those who doubt will be in the Bible. Apollos studied scripture and after a little guidance from Priscilla and Aquila, he was a great help because he knew the actual words of God inside and out. He knew how to prove the coming of Jesus,and that he was the savior. I think it's pretty cool to be able to use the word efficiently, knowing when to restate a certain verse etcand you have to be very careful too, because it is easy to warp the true meaning of certain messages.

Verse 9 was really cool too (lol working backwards)

Man, when you have any doubts we should remember this. When we are unsure and afraid. God will protect us. People will not always agree with what we are sharing, but we don't have to be afraid. God will always protect us from harm's way. It is going to be a hard, obviously it's not going to be easy, but God is always looking after us 24/7.

Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Acts Chapter 18 Devotion noitoveD 81 retpahC stcA Empty Re: Acts Chapter 18 Devotion noitoveD 81 retpahC stcA

Post  dennis Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:31 pm

v.10 For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.

God asks Paul, in this vision, to take a leap of faith and not be fearful of what other people may do to him when he continues to spread God's word. God tells him that He will work through those in the city to protect Paul if he is ever in a dangerous situation. So, later in the chapter (verse 14), the Jews bring Paul into the court to punish him for all his teachings, but Gallio tells them that he will not be a part of the dispute. Clearly, God worked through this proconsul to keep Paul from being punished.

v.21 "I will come back if it is God's will."

It's astonishing to see that Paul is someone who puts his whole life in God's hands. He doesn't guarantee his return to anyone because he doesn't want to make a promise with anyone other than God. The trust that Paul has in God reveals his selfless and humble nature because he knows that the best way to live his life is to follow God's way. For us, it is very difficult to completely let go and do everything according to God's will because this society is full of ambitious and determined people who want to do "their" best in life- to get a great job and live a comfortable life. Instead of giving up on a life for God, perhaps we should try our best to keep our main goal in life to be spreading God's word. We can be strong in our determination to follow God in everything by constantly reminding ourselves through scripture and prayer that it is by God that we get to live a life full of happiness and peace.

-Denise
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts Chapter 18 Devotion noitoveD 81 retpahC stcA Empty Re: Acts Chapter 18 Devotion noitoveD 81 retpahC stcA

Post  Steven.Hong Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:11 am

hey guys

At v 8to11 I like it how Paul is dreaming and the master sais that he should not be afraid
because he has alot people on his side.
I really didnt learn that much but I liked how Paul was dreaming and a master
started to talk to him.

-Steven Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:37 am

Verse 5.
"Paul devoted himself exclusively to preaching." I know we are on and off in our devotions, but there is a reason why a devotion is called a devotion. It shouldn't be on and off, a devotion is something consistent and putting everythign into it. When you are devoted to something, you're putting all your time into it and constantly doing it, giving up everything else in order to do it. I want to remind us that what we have been doing are not devotions, but "Inconsistent Bible reading". We're responsible for each other, so lets take initiative and keep our devotions accountable and lets make them WORK, not every other day, but every single MOMENT of your life.

yah i agree with Denise and Allan in verse 9 about not being afraid.
And of course its hard, but tahts something we have to overcome. To bring God's glory forward without shame is difficult, because you can't see God, feel God, but FAITH is all you need. IF you just believe, then God will make it happen, so lets just believe and GO. we should start up "project Go" ahahaha.

anyway thats all, have a good wednesday! i have a band concert on thursday aha
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:58 am

busy busy.... gotta analyze a whole movie by tonight Sad so i dont think im going to sleep....
Roh last two exams tomorrow? almost there bud.

To be honest, im constantly reading the chapter but i cant stay focused cause i spent the last hour watching a movie and looking at its themes and camera angles and such. My eyes go ADD.
but one part did stand out to me. When peter gets a vision and God says "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city."
It gives me a sense of peace when i read this.

Blargh blargh.... time to watch this stinkin' movie Sad

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:54 am

Guys i just wrote the two most brutal math and chem tests in a row. i am absolutely hopeless in application and 'thinking out of the box' questions.. oh man
in math they gave us a function that we were supposed to graph on our calculators and then do some funky equations to find stuff.. but apparently it was like a special function where the technology is 'limited' and it doesnt finish the graph and we were supposed to magically know that and algebraically solve for the rest of the graph itself?
RIDICULOUS, I SAY.
ohh well. theres always.. the next unit? haha

"If you Jews were making a complaint about some misdemeanor or serious crime, it would be reasonable for me to listen to you. 15But since it involves questions about words and names and your own law—settle the matter yourselves."
This verse sorta stood out to me.. I know i proabably talk about this a lot in devos but its cause I think its so important in being a Christian - understanding the differece between God's law and human law. A lot of people get really obsessed with the human-made laws about how they should be a Christian.. And sometimes, they may even compromise folowing God's law in order to follow these human laws.. But really, it's what directly comes from God that we should be obeying - and when we dont know, we PRAY and ask for answers
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:06 am

from this Chapter I learned that..
1. Gallio is badass
2. Jews are pretty hardcore
3. God will protect us, just as we protect His Name; and like a lioness protects her cubs!
4. I should really do my devos daily because it's hard to catch up >_>
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:29 am

Acts 18

"Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city."

Do not be silent. I like that. Be persistent, do not be afraid.
It reminds me of one of my favourite verses, from Romans 8:31, "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
With God on our side, no one is going to harm us. I guess it's silly really sometimes, how we let things of this world scare us and fail to remember that the CREATOR of this world is our Father.

14Just as Paul was about to speak, Gallio said to the Jews, "If you Jews were making a complaint about some misdemeanor or serious crime, it would be reasonable for me to listen to you. 15But since it involves questions about words and names and your own law—settle the matter yourselves. I will not be a judge of such things." 16So he had them ejected from the court. 17Then they all turned on Sosthenes the synagogue ruler and beat him in front of the court. But Gallio showed no concern whatever.

I really, really like the point that Cathy raised about how oftentimes we confuse ourselves between what is God's law and what we believe should be the law.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down