Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian food today? ahaha. never again

+2
Isaac
JacobPk
6 posters

Go down

Indian food today? ahaha. never again Empty Indian food today? ahaha. never again

Post  JacobPk Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:42 pm

Today was fun Smile
lets get stoked for this retreat coming up! so lets keep praying for it.

Ok i read the first half of the chapter and skimmed through the rest because of what caught my attention.

Blessing.

So we focused our past 2 weeks in discleship at the word"blessing" and what it means to be blessed and to bless.
Here, the Pharoah blesses Joseph with the decision to have land that has resources. Also we see Jacob bless pharoah not only once but twice. We can NEVER had too many blessings. And for that reason we should be grateful to God, for what we have already in our lives. Our constant complaints about what we want wont stop, BUT that doesn't mean you shouldn't think about what God has already given you. I think we should ALWAYS be reminded of what we have and what God has provided for us. If you think about it, we're actually REALLY blessed. Through that lets bless others! Let US be the miracles to others.

New week Smile aha Ciao
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Indian food today? ahaha. never again Empty Re: Indian food today? ahaha. never again

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:18 pm

didnt get much from this chapter...
Genesis is almost over though. I cant believe its almost been 50 days of Genesis. Seems like yesterday when we started.

Have a good Monday/ week !! i have so much math studying to do... so sad.. Sad

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Indian food today? ahaha. never again Empty Re: Indian food today? ahaha. never again

Post  hannahlee Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:02 am

EXHAUSTION.
I want to like, rip my throat out, hahahaha. We finally finished our choir recording today, after like a 7.5 hour sesh, and I'm thinking about all the homework I'll have to do when I get home..and then of course my parents decide to go on some roundabout so I got home like...half an hour ago. Life is Good. Hahaha. Whatever, I'll be over it by tomorrow, but I'm a self-admitted legit g-r-u-m-p right now! Razz

Genesis 47

I found it interesting, the amount of compassion that Pharaoh shows for Joseph and his family, giving them only the best of the best, etc. Allowing himself to be blessed (twice!) by Jacob, etc. I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that Pharaoh wasn't a believer, and so it makes me wonder about the magnitude of Joseph's good actions that despite having no ties through a higher-being, the Pharaoh has the utmost respect for him. I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense...Hahaha. But what I drew from it is that I really want to work on becoming a person whose actions really speak eons that spark curiosities in others..someone who can almost evangelize without necessarily making references to the bible, because their actions indicate something different already. I'm sure that while the Pharaoh might not have believed, by way of Joseph, he had a lot of respect for "Joseph's God" as well. That's pretty sweet.

HOMEWORK TIME.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:14 am

Hi friends, I must say that I did zero work this weekend, and I plan to sleep very soon. What a failure, eh? Oh gosh, I need to remind myself to work my butt off as my future/university is on the lineee.

Genesis 47

I'm on the same page as Isaac- nothing really spoke to me. That's all I was going to admit, but I kept on thinking about this story as a whole, and saw the amazing journey that Joseph took in his life. First, he was the favorite son, then was abandoned by his own brothers, sold to a master, accused for sexually harassing the master's wife, put into prison, learned to interpret dreams, and became the Pharaoh's right-hand man.

From his life, I think that we can recognize that there is hope in everyone's lives. At times, we might be so down about how our life sucks compared to other people's, but God has a plan for everything. I remember Sam said that Esther told him to pray more when he was happy because things could go wrong very soon. Along the same line, when we are feeling low, we should pray a lot too because things can go really well from that point on.

-hottttie. (you know it. Wink )
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:48 am

I LOVE INDIAN FOOD
ohh man
im craving it right now
like RIGHT NOW mmmmmm
anyways
so crazy famine all over egypt
and i totally agree with hannah, the pharoh seems to be one very nice gentleman- that he offered the very best to jacob's family, proabably b ecuase of the love that jacob showed them Smile
but i woudl like to comment on the fact that i dont think jacob's handling this famine very well ; i know all of the egyptians thought he was being very generous, but dude.
theres a famine going on, all your people are dying.. and he made them sell their freedom and all of their land for a seed.
Now, i know a seed is proabably symbolic for bountiful blessings of food and all that
but i ono. i feel like feeding your ppl should be done without taking their freedom.. because we all know that it ends up screwing them over and make them wanna fight for freedom
and thats when moses comes to the rescue, YEYEEEE
so yeahh thats my two cents
i dont really have personal reflection

other than I WANT INDIAN FOOD AGAIN
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:29 am

I didn't get anything out of this Chapter either, but I think the people selling themselves and their land for grain and stuff is kinda important.
Anyways, onto next devo
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down