Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 45

4 posters

Go down

Genesis 45 Empty Genesis 45

Post  Isaac Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:31 am

THE STORY IS DONE!!!
I got a lot from the story as a whole. But in ver 8 "So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God." it makes me think about how God sees the "big picture" sometimes. We have all been through it; "WHY ME???" or "GOOOOOOD whats going on???". But the big picture is whats important and i think that having trust in God and prayer is something we should all have. I personally think there is a reason for everything, and i also believe that God directs these reasons.

Good jam-jam today! Wish you guys luck on sunday!!

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Genesis 45 Empty Re: Genesis 45

Post  Cathy Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:46 am

heyy guyss
hope practice was awesome today, sorry i couldnt make it, yet again
but i will FO SHOOOO be there next week Smile

So finally the story of Joseph comes to an end as he reveals his true identity. hahaha sounds so mysterious, i love it
His brothers can't respond at first becuase they are afraid - and i woudl be too if the brother that i sold into slavery appeared as like some big-shot guy to the pharoh.
haha but he says to them "Do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you"
And really, this is true
Isaac is right when he says that we all have those "WHYY ME GOOODDD" moments
and im sure joseph must have had them too, becuase he got screwed over quite a bit in his life. But in the end, he ended up being most blessed, most happy and most serving to the Lord.
And becuase joseph realizes that his greater duty is to God, he shows his brothers mercy - he embraces his family and rejoices in the fact that he has them again Smile
So therefore, lets all look at the big picture. sometimes life sucks but in the end God does it for us, and he has his secretive Godly plans for our lives, through which we can be so much more than we would be without God

Have a great weekend, im off to bed.. i spent 16 hours at school today and i am EXHAUSTEDDD!
Sweet dreams
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:52 am

I learned from this Chapter that believing in God despite what He might throw in your way is definitely the way to be.
If life was like a upward slope linear equation (woot, math) it would be easy and you wouldn't get anything out of it.
In the play The Tempest by Shakespeare, the main character Prospero tries to make the relationship between his daughter and this guy hard, so that they learn the value of love. If their love was very easily earned, then it would not seem to weigh as much. If it took a guy like 2 years or smth to get a girl to be his girlfriend or smth, then he would realize that because he and the girl went through 2 years of struggle and what not that their relationship has meaning to it. Also, because it took so long to establish that relationship, they would not be throwing it away like it's meaningless, it took a long time.
So life should have ups and downs, and i know God will make that happen. So I learned that these things should be accepted and I should try my best to be a blessing/the salt to everyone I'm in contact with at that time. Just because I'm having a bad day, that doesn't mean I should plague other people's day with my distress.
Yep!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:13 am

Genesis 45

Verse 5: And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you.

I love the fact that Joseph doesn't carry any bitterness in his heart but rather sees the situation for what God had intended it to be. I think if he was any less humble a man, one could easily have still carried hatred for his brothers and thought, "Despite what you guys did, God helped me become something great..look at me now"-kind of deal, but instead he implies that they were just a part of the process and asked them not to be angry with themselves, which is nuts. So, how often do we look back on harsh trials and appreciate them for how they've allowed us to grown? i.e. For me, it was choosing to go to Unionville High. I haaaateeed it at first. All my friends went to Richmond Hill High, I thought it was stupid that I was going here, etc. It was my dark and rebellious stage, without the drugs, sex, and alcohol. Hahaha. I just got along terribly with my parents for the first couple months straight. Anyways, now I look back, and I don't regret that happening bc it's helped shaped me and I recognize that there was a reason for God sending me to this school. Yup..

That is all, haha.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content