Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENESIS 39

+4
JacobPk
Roh
Isaac
Cathy
8 posters

Go down

GENESIS 39 Empty GENESIS 39

Post  Cathy Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:07 pm

Hey guyss
So after Joseph got sold off, God showed him great blessings. He got put into the house of the Pharoh of Egypt (which is a pretty dang good job, my friends ) and he was eventually put in charge of all of the Pharoh's stuff. So even in a pretty crap situation where it seems like we got backstabbed and screwed over, this passage really shows me taht God is there, no matter what. In the midst of situations that may seem to suck at first, God never fails us and he can completly turn situations around for us
Even the secondt ime Jacob got screwed by the Pharoh's wife, he continued to have the blessings of God, who continued to protect him and make sure that he succeeded in whatever he was doing.
This passage relaly reminded me of the faithfulness of God; and gave me hope topull through hard and difficult times.
I had a pretty bad day today, debate was ridiculous and a lot of things just made me angry, like judges that dont understand the pointing system.. Mad
I came home relaly angry, slept on it, and got up and read this and it was a great comfort to know that God is there. Sometimes he takes things away, sometimes he gives us blessings, and I think that it's all done to humble us every once in a while. If we're alwyas blesseed then we started thinking that it's becuase of how great WE are that good things happen. But every once in a while we need an epiphany of realization that we are nothing and we do is nothing in the face of what God does.

See y'allz tmrw
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

GENESIS 39 Empty Re: GENESIS 39

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:14 am

WHATS UPPPP??????????????????
Ok so Joseph gets soooooooo cheated in life, but God was with him so i guess that makes up for things.
Even out of bad times, God shows his grace onto Joseph. I think we can all relate when we really needed God and he showed us his grace. I can think of so many times just in this week : )

See all you tomorrow! I gotta work on my english project.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

GENESIS 39 Empty Genesis 39!!!

Post  Roh Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:51 am

"Now Joseph was well-built and handsome"...

If they were to write a modern-day Bible, it would pretty much be, "Now Roh was well-built and handsome." Not only that, there would be a plethora of verses dedicated to that fact and it would go on and on and on...

Haha, jokes aside, Genesis 39's a familiar story! Joseph was working under Potiphar. Potiphar's wife seduced him, but he did not fall into temptation but rather, fought her off with a lot of persistence. He got in trouble, due to some misjudgments but the Lord was with him and Joseph was rewarded for his perseverance and for being true to his values and commitment to God's will.

There are so many stories in Genesis where people "screw up" and these stories seem to be designed to help us learn from them. But this one's encouraging because it shows how a man of God did something RIGHT, and how he persisted through SO much temptation and hardships. He was in prison! I don't know how serious it was back then, but I'm sure something like that was close to being punishable by death. But he stuck through! And look what God did. It makes it sound like this whole thing happened over a week and it wasn't a big deal, but he had his life at risk and was in prison for something RIGHT that he did! That must've been so hard. But he stuck through, and SO DID GOD. God made his prosperous and allowed him to serve God for the rest of his life.

EXCITED for tmrw everyone!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:18 am

Well Done Joseph, welldone.!
He rejects woman and they still want him.

So basically, God has been with Joe throughout. And throughout this throughout time of his life (ahah) he remains faithful to God. THerefore God provides and blesses him. Pretty straightforward isn't it? However, where are times in our lives where we cease to acknowlodge that God was with us? Don't we feel more blessed and honoured just KNOWING that He's there? God stayed with Joseph and whenever the situation seemd to turn bad, something good came out of it because the Lord was always with him. Others didn't really find faults in Joseph, enabling them to trust in him and their household with him. Ditto with the jail scenario. God will ALWASY proivde as lonmg as we turn to Him.
Pretty sweet dont ya think?

Lets APE tomorrow!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:53 am

WEOIFJWOEIFJA.

IT DIDN'T POST. First time that's happened to me in all my time with this forum, AISH.

So this'll be mad recap. Hahaha. My mind is farting, left and right.

Genesis 39
Potiphar's Wife = BLECH. Hahaha.
1. Although Joseph's rejection of the wife's 'mooooves' may have gotten him into a "bad place" (prison), his commitment to the ways of God even when it might have been easier not to, ultimately takes his life into a grrreat direction, as we see later...v.23: because the LORD was with Joseph and gave him success in whatever he did.
2. I really liked verse 5: From the time he put him in charge of his household and of all that he owned, the LORD blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the LORD was on everything Potiphar had, both in the house and in the field.
Joseph was someone who abundantly blessed those around him because of God working in Him, and I think that's pretty awesome. It'd be my aspiration to become someone like that, who can bless those in my life and around me because of the Spirit of God working its way in/through me.

Excited for tomorrow's praise.
And for singing with fish. Ye-ah.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

GENESIS 39 Empty Genesis 38 Devotion

Post  Allan Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:06 pm

Joesph fights his male instincts lol, where did i hear that before, lol

Joseph was tempted by Potiphar's wofe day in and day out, but he always rejected her not falling into the temptation, and whenever Joseph was in a bind, God provided. God took favour in Joseph and he tok care of him.
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:20 pm

v.23 "The warden paid no attention to anything under Joseph's care, because the Lord was with Joseph and gave him success in whatever he did."

Potiphar and the warden both trusted Joseph because they were able to recognize God's blessing on Joseph.

Even though Joseph was put into prison, God never stopped blessing him in everything that Joseph did because,in the worst place, prison, Joseph didn't stop being faithful to God. I learned from this passage that it takes courage and committment to be devoted to God all the time, and, to be faithful, we need to completely trust God and let Him control our lives. In a sense, the warden and Potiphar were trusting God as He worked through Joseph.

Letting God take over our lives is difficult. From Joseph's life, however, it's clear that great things come out of God controlling our lives.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:49 pm

I learned from this Chapter that it doesn't matter what situation you're in, what matters is yourself.
You can complain about the crappy situation you're in all you want, but that's not gonna make it any better.
This is pretty straightforward and obvious for me, so I don't want to ramble on about it
Onto the next devo~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down