Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday, January 26th, 2014

Go down

Sunday, January 26th, 2014  Empty Sunday, January 26th, 2014

Post  michellee. Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Branded: You
Branded as a Christian - Part II

What do your non-Christian friends think about Christians/Christianity?

Christians have a bad name in the general community. Why is that?
• We’re seen/considered as hypocrites.
• Because of bad churches.
• Because we are seen as self-absorbed; we make everything about us.
• Because we are seen as prideful.

We, as Christians, sometimes tend to make everything about us. We don’t show compassion and genuine love towards another and instead focus completely on our needs only.

Bible Verse:
2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
-Philippians 2:2-4

Is it wrong to be friends with a non-Christian with the sole intent of sharing The Gospel with them?
Because you know Absolute Truth, due to Christ, then shouldn't your main goal in life be to share The Gospel with others who don't know it?

If you have a non-Christian friend, you should think:
• What can I do to show God’s Love to them?
• What can I do to save them?
• What can I do to let them see a Love so perfect?

If God showed you Absolute Truth, you’re going to want to share it.
It’s like if you saw your friend walking towards a cliff. You would tell them to turn around and go the other direction, because if they kept walking towards the cliff, it would lead to their demise.
See others greater than yourselves. Show others love. However, you can only do this with compassion.
If you have compassion for someone you will do anything for them.
If you have compassion towards another, you would show all the love possible towards them.
When your heart breaks for people compassionately, you think, “I need to do something because it’s just not right that they’re hurting.”
-> Ex. seeing someone get bullied; you know something has to happen to help the victim. It has to be more than just showing empathy/pity towards them then walking away.

Often we’re told that we’re too young and there’s nothing we can do about anything. But, if you’re truly compassionate about something, you will let nothing hold you back and stop at nothing (not even your age).

FOR EXAMPLE:
“Hoops for Hope”
It all started by the compassion of a 13 year old boy names Austin. He saw that children who were left orphaned, went to orphanages that didn’t have enough money to take care of all the children. He was able to feel compassion for those children and questioned himself by asking, “What can I do to help them?”
He decided he would raise money for the orphanage by donating $1, for every free throw he made. Soon he was able to get more people to contribute and ultimately, it led to the building of a school, and even, a hospital.
And this all started out with a 13 year old boy with a great amount of compassion.

Just because you’re young, doesn’t entail that you cannot do anything about anything. You have so much potential and you can do so much.

When you care about someone else’s needs greater than yours, you will do something about it.
We see the needs of others and we want to do something. But, in order to do this, you will have to sacrifice something from your life, you’re going to have to adjust your lifestyle for others.
If you understand The Kingdom and God’s compassion, and He tells you to show compassion unto everyone, then you have no option but to do it (genuinely).
But do not rush to make decisions. In prayer, and discernment, seek God and ask Him if this is what you really need to do, and if what you want to do is really for Him and His Kingdom.

See the needs of others higher and greater than yours. This represents the Gospel; faith, hope, and love.
You’re not too young to do anything. Why?
Because with God, anything is possible.
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down