Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet God Every Day - Friday

3 posters

Go down

Meet God Every Day - Friday Empty Meet God Every Day - Friday

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:27 pm

God promises to bless your life if you meet with him every day. We like to call this a "quiet time." I don't care if it's five minutes, ten minutes, thirty minutes, whatever. And it doesn't matter what time of day you do it, just as long as it's a time when you are at your best.

You need to set a date with God every day where you say, "God, I'm checking in with you. Anything you want to do in my life today, anything you want to tell me." Just sit there and be quiet. Read the Bible a little bit, talk about whatever is worrying you, unload your burdens, and listen for God's direction.

The Bible says, "The man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it - he will be blessed in what he does." (James 1:25 NIV)

God says if you will do this, he will bless the things in your life. "You have stored up great blessings for those who honor you. You do so much for those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world" (Psalm 31:19 NLT).
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Meet God Every Day - Friday Empty Re: Meet God Every Day - Friday

Post  jaake kwon Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:46 am

Mmmmmmm I guess this sorta falls in line with the whole principle of building relationships with every chance you get, and with God, since every moment is a chance, we should take really any moment to just stop to sorta "talk" with him.

Undervaluing prayer as ONLY a form of worship and praise seems like a common occurrence at the moment especially with the way society is rolling around right now. Everybody has places to go and things to see, and meeting God is probably not concretely written into your daily rituals. Which is probably a problem in everybody's lives from what I hear. Thing is, we don't see God as something we do as often as everything else. We browse facebook everyday, but never really browse through the Bible. We search for our friends rather than searching for an answer to life.

I just think it's weird how we bend away from God alot of the times.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  michellee. Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:59 pm

I think this kind of emphasizes the importance of quiet time. Personally, I feel that when people tell me that quiet time is something important I start to see it the wrong way and start to develop some misconceptions about it. Instead of seeing it something essential to our lives, our spiritual development, and ultimately, our relationship with God, I start to envision it as something of a chore. We can get too caught up in our lives: homework, projects, assignments, school, hanging out with friends, extracurriculars, etc. However, if we're "too busy" to check in with God everyday, we're busier than God ever intended us to be. We should always seek to make time for God, but with the correct mindset. We have to see quiet time as a "sacred" sort of allotted time that we have set aside exclusively, where we can be with our Heavenly Father. The fact that God wants to spend time with us, is a humbling thought to have when we do quiet time.
Also, I personally feel that when we do get around to doing quiet time, that it's nice to have a routine but it's also not good to get stuck in a rut of doing the same things over and over again. Eventually, you could possible lose interest in it, and begin to see it as a chore. It's best to try to interpret what God's trying to tell you during quiet time in various ways, which allows you to experience God in many dimensions and approaches.
Quiet time is precious, let God speak to you during it.

1 Blessed is the one
   who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
   or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
   and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
   which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
   whatever they do prospers.
Psalm 1:1-3

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down