Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan 6th 2013

3 posters

Go down

Jan 6th 2013 Empty Jan 6th 2013

Post  jaake kwon Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:37 pm

First 2013 Sermon was on how our kingdom differs from God's kingdom.

I guess I can open up the thread with how I think my "kingdom" would really mesh with the kingdom of God. First off, I'm lazy. I put things 'til the last minute, like the english paper I'm working on right now, or that music assignment due in 5 days which I haven't started. Secondly, I'm totally irresponsible. I've been restricted from excessive computer usage for a couple months now, and I still keep that habit going. Even after constant lenience from my parents. Another really big thing is, I hardly repent. If I ever do something wrong, I think about it for a period of time, and no matter how long or short it is, I'll just drop the matter once it's done with. I really don't take the lesson from the whole journey, which is something that ends up showing in my prayers, in which I am also inconsistent in.

Point is, my "kingdom" is anything but right. What I got from the sermon today, was that instead of just realizing our faults and flaws, we should make some practical effort to really do something about it, and begin on fixing everything with all of our efforts. So basically, Repent properly .
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Jan 6th 2013 Empty Re: Jan 6th 2013

Post  James Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Now that Pastor Dan mentioned it, any relationship is a battle of kingdoms, until they can reach peace. God's kingdom, obviously in the highest spectrum of kingdoms, makes us kings of a lego kingdom...
Only turning ours upside down, could we TRY to reach God's level.
That being said, a great sermon to kick off the year, not just to see what we need to change, but how.
Hope you guys are going on the mission trip! Very Happy
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:18 am

We have things in our lives which we value highly. May it be money, friends, clothing etc... we have to give all that up in the end.
Pastor Dan said that God has set the bars up way to high but that doesnt mean that we shouldnt try to achieve it. We should always try our best and give it our all.
It may be hard giving up our valuables but i think that over time it will get easier and as we mature we will find out what is truly important in life.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down