Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18/11/2012

+4
Audrey Jong
Christine Kim
James
jaake kwon
8 posters

Go down

18/11/2012 Empty 18/11/2012

Post  jaake kwon Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:11 pm

So. I'm pretty sure today was about how God watches over the weak. The strongest thing I remember was when I opened up with "왕따?" (incase you guys don't know, that's the outcast in the whole entire school.) Anyways, I think todays' important message to get was that God always watches over how we manage ourselves alone, and if we can't manage to "care for our neighbors just as we would ourselves" we can't really ask to be let in to God's kingdom. SO yeah. We should learn to not put ourselves under higher or lower platforms, because in God's eyes, we're always gonna be looked upon on equal level, no matter what background we hold.

This is something that we should really apply to our everyday lives, and instead of putting ourselves before others, we should put ourselves behind others, while encouraging each other to do the same. I think this was in some kind of Christian Joke, where; there's a lot of Christians about to go to Heaven, but they're all outside the door, insisting each other to go before themselves. ahahah, well, that's something I'd like God to see come from us.

So yeah, in short; Treat others the same as you would yourself, and see value in everybody.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

18/11/2012 Empty Re: 18/11/2012

Post  James Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 am

God truly does favour the weak, and it seems as if he uses the weak for his kingdom. "You use the weak to lead the strong"
Today's sermon really did help me understand God more. In contrast to Darwin, "Survival of the Weakest". Ahaha, not exactly, but you get what I mean.
God knows us inside out, knows our capabilities, AND when to stretch them to help us grow.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm

sorry! i have loads of homework right now, so i will do this devotion tomorrow along with todays one if it gets uploaded!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:27 am

God favours the weak.
what this means is that the people who are already well off and have everything do not make room for god. But those who are empty and have nothing but God, are well watched over by God.
It was really hard for me to understand this since it is a confusing topic but it was a bit more clear later.
When we have what we want we feel as if we are statisfied and tend to only seek God and use him when we are broken. It is human nature for people to be like this. We should try our very hardest and change our minds to always coming to God. He is always open for you and is waiting.
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:59 am

Reverse darwin
Survival of the weakest?
God provides for the poor, while the proud rely on themselves, and not God.
I guess it's because the weak need God that he helps them out versus someone who feels like they dont ned him
However, I don't believe that for example, God will disregard a rich person. A rich person may be proud of himself, and there may be less room in his heart to help.
But what about a humble rich man? A humble rich man who is aware of his weaknesses, knows there is room to grow. No matter how rich or how poor, how small or strong we are, we are all weak.
It just depends on how we humble ourselves down.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:39 am

the weak are recognized by God and it is quite common for us to reach out to God when we feel weak as well. the weak in our society may be shut out and not considered but to God, they are the ones that need him the most and he will reach out to them because they have the open hearts to accept God's help into their current situation and make them feel better. however, someone that is rich and lives a "perfect" and luxurious life can be rather arrogant and nasty, not wanting to accept help from God and shutting out their hearts to him.but it doesnt mean that someone that isnt in a weak situation cant be favoured by God, we just need to have the hearts and minds of the weak that are oh so desperate for God.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:31 am

Clearly, God's standards and Human standards are VERY different.
God doesn't care if you're ugly or fat, or completely and utterly invisible at school.
Actually he favours those who are looked down upon in human society.
And obviously, God still loves those who are good-looking, or skinny or popular at school, because he created them! And I think, it isn't what you have that God judges you about, it's how you act and your attitude towards everything you got.

Plus, everyone has a weak spot. And at some time in our life, we are going to feel helpless.
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:50 am

We have all had times when we thought that we were better than someone else because of something. What i learned this week was that we shouldnt see things through like that. that isnt right and we shouldnt do it. God favours the weak and there are alot of examples in the bible like king david who was a shepard and than became king. And like the passage we shared about Abraham and his wife and servant and how the servant the weaker one triamphed and had the baby of Abram.
It is usually that the weak are desperateand will accept God without hesitation while the strong have alot of thigns and feel that they have no need for GOd. Maybe? idk thats what i think

gnite
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:38 am

Survival of the fittest - darwin
The reverse of that is Gods way...
Those who are weak and in sorrow are watched over carefully by God and are helped everytime they need it.
For those who are strong, they feel like they are on top of the world and feel that they dont need God... that is why God provides for the weak and the poor.
It all depends on our faith with God. if there is no faith, no matter how poor or weak, why would God help you if you dont even ask?
If you are rich but great in faith, God may help you in your hardships too.
Stay strong in faith!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down