Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August 19th - Judging others by appearance

4 posters

Go down

August 19th - Judging others by appearance Empty August 19th - Judging others by appearance

Post  James Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:55 am

I loved today's sermon upon Simon and the woman that was weeping upon Jesus' feet. When Josh went up, I felt as if it really applied to me as well. All those people that - subconsciously judged. Just by their clothes. But when I actually sat down and began to talk to them, I had realized that I actually knew the person now. You don't know a thing about anyone until you know their story.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

August 19th - Judging others by appearance Empty Re: August 19th - Judging others by appearance

Post  jennifer Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:47 am

Just like Joshs story, when I went to sanctuary there were many people that I thought looked like they weren't 100% there, but had great stories to tell and seemed just like me. I know it's bad to judge before you know, or to think just because they look not well off that they are totally different from us, but it's human nature, but it helps to have that first hand experience of finding someone out totally different from their appearance to carry in to the rest o my life! Night!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

August 19th - Judging others by appearance Empty Re: August 19th - Judging others by appearance

Post  Billy Kim Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:33 am

Today's sermon was something I could relate to. I could say I was exactly in Jesus' position before. I was just talking to one of my friends over the phone and she asked me how close am I with "person A". That "person A" was actually the closest friend I have up to this day but I all I said was, "I'm pretty close with "person A"" because I wanted to hear with she had to say about "Person A". So she went on babbling about "person A" and she had nothing but bad things to say about "person A". I mean I knew what she was talking about but it was only because she didn't know the full story of what happened to "person A". I was actually kind of offended that she would say things like that about "person A" because I knew that "person A" screwed up before but "person A" had nothing but good intentions. Getting a little off topic from this, I've actually learned something from this. I've realized that even with good intentions, you could still sin. Just because you decided to do something because by your own judgement, it was for the best doesn't mean it's right. For example: telling a white lie to your friend or family. You would think that it's only for the best but it's still a sin. Sometimes, we sin without even noticing it. That's what I learned today. I know Dan's message was "Don't judge without hearing the full story", or just "Do not Judge" in general but I've already learnt that a long time ago.

That's it for today I guess
Pce out Nigguhs... LOL
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:38 am

Good god this is late
Today was a bit of a touching sermon and I really witnessed these things first hand as well. I always thought homeless people were not safe to approach, (some aren't... haha) but who are we to judge them right? Really made me think, why would we judge other human beings, other children of God, because they made one screw up and it escalated. Same with that sinful woman, who expected someone like her to kneel down and clean Jesus' feet? God has many surprises in store for us, we should never be quick to judge.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down