Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 112 Aug 3rd

+4
Esther
jennifer
Kevin
Sarah Oh
8 posters

Go down

Psalm 112 Aug 3rd Empty Psalm 112 Aug 3rd

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Very Happy
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Psalm 112 Aug 3rd Empty Re: Psalm 112 Aug 3rd

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:48 pm

The VBS is officially over! Sad
I had so much fun, and the water fight today was intense! Very Happy
7 "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord."
So this verse reminded me of the theme of the VBS. The theme was trusting in God no matter what. Even if we go through hardships adn face troubles, it will be fine in the end, as long as we believe God is in control.
That's all!
Nite!
-Sarah Wink
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:51 pm

1 Praise the Lord.

Blessed is the man who fears the Lord,
who finds great delight in his commands.

We'd be absolutely stupid not to fear our God, even that being said, we'd be dumb to doubt his commands.
To me, it's a level of love and respect that we still acknowledge his commands, despite that we should be absolutely terrified of his capabilities. To obey his commands his one thing, to find GREAT delight in his commands, is yet another.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:13 pm

aw sarah was actually teary today :'( haha
DAVID AND DANIEL <3 that is all.
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:17 pm

They share freely and give generously to those in need.
Their good deeds will be remembered forever.
this verse has always been on my mind and i think that being able to give freely and give your all to everyone is the hardest thing to do. But it would feel so good, because by doing this, it means that you have enough faith in God to trust Him with your life. I know everyones like yeah, i give my life to god, but in actuality its such a hard thing to do. Well for me at least. I know im a control freak in the inside and by giving someone else control of my life is REALLY scary :S
So i think this is my goal! i love giving to people, yes, but i wanna be able to give freely without worry at the back of my mind.
Smile gnight
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm soooooooo happy I did vbs. Next year again for sure! (:
Yeah, DANIEL AND DAVID. OMG. (':

ANYYYWAAAAY!
They do not fear bad news;
they confidently trust the LORD to care for them. (Psalm 112:7 NLT)
I don't know about the others at vbs, and if they noticed this or not but the whole vbs was always about how you should always trust God no matter what.
This verse is all about that!
Make sure to always put your faith in God no matter what!
I guess as kids it's easier, but that doesn't mean we don't have to now that we're older!
Just a reminder to myself and all of you!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:59 am

4 Light arises in the darkness for the upright, gracious, compassionate, and just [who are in right standing with God].

Well this verse reminded me of something my dad would tell me a lot. How if we do what's right with God, meaning to always put him first, then he will take care of us. Somewhere else in the bible, there's a verse about how God takes care of the birds and animals, so why wouldn't he take care of his greatest creation? Most of the time, I do find it much easier to look after myself, to put myself in front of God, but I see it everyday, that God blesses those who put them first. By putting ourselves first, we're essentially telling God that we don't need him to take care of us, but when we surrender ourselves completely, he will provide because he is a giving God. All in all, I saw this verse as a good reminder, to really give myself up to God, because then, I will have nothing to worry about, and be able to dedicate my entire heart and mind to him.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:09 am

i got somehting right off the bat from the first few verses.
1 Praise the Lord.[b]
Blessed are those who fear the Lord,
who find great delight in his commands.

Our role as a praise team is to praise the lord and lead other into worship. We should do it with blessed hearts and a wanting to do it. Not because we have to and is forced to. If we worship open-heartedly, great delight will be brought to us and im sure praising God would be an unforgettable experience.

10 The wicked will see and be vexed,
they will gnash their teeth and waste away;
the longings of the wicked will come to nothing.

Then at the end, it says that the wicked and the oens who dont believe, will be crushed and punished. please do not be one of those people who come to church because they are forced! Be one of those peopel who have a need to come to church! With a ride or not, BUS!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:34 pm

There were so many good verses in this chapter.

"a righteous man will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord."

this verse is my favorite!
It reminds me of Job, the man who suffered so much. He expirenced the worst and yet stayed loyal to God. Whenever I think about this story, I feel bad for complaining about such pointless things. There is so much to be thankful for. I complain more than giving thanks......And when I think about it, Job complained less than I did! It's sometimes hard to let go and think on the brighter side and think about what's really important to us.

Sorry, my wording is a bit confusing!
~audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:11 am

Sorry I missed it guys, I had a couple personal stuff with my Dad that we kinda sorted out, but left it on hold for next time. :/

Anyways, seeing as how the nxt one's not up, i'm guessing that was saturday?
6 Surely the righteous will never be shaken;
they will be remembered forever.
7 They will have no fear of bad news;
their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The main reason why I picked this verse, was well, because God is God. When we follow him, we would have nothing to fear, and all the little pebbles we step on, wouldn't even stub our toes. Even death doesn't bother him, and when we go through death, we would be holding his hands and following him.

The biggest issue is the trust issue. But what's amazing about God, is that all we need is "trust the size of a mustard seed."
So yeah, I just wanted to say, we have more than enough right now, but what we're trying to do, to get to actually know him, and have yearning for learning, is actually something pretty amazing.

That's something we can try to get out to the congregation.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down