Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark 10 June 17

5 posters

Go down

Mark 10 June 17 Empty Mark 10 June 17

Post  Kevin Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:31 am

s
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Mark 10 June 17 Empty Re: Mark 10 June 17

Post  Kevin Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:32 pm

48 “Be quiet!” many of the people yelled at him.
But he only shouted louder, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

49 When Jesus heard him, he stopped and said, “Tell him to come here.”
So they called the blind man. “Cheer up,” they said. “Come on, he’s calling you!” 50 Bartimaeus threw aside his coat, jumped up, and came to Jesus.

Hey guys, what I got from this passage today was that no matter how non important one feels, JEsus ALWAYS makes time for us. This was demonstrated today because the man Bartimaeus knew that he wasn't anyone special, he had a condition. Being blind, he wanted JEsus to come and heal him but everytime he spoke, the people of the town tried to shut him up because they believed that JEsus was an important man and that he wouldn't want to nor have time to consult with such people. Jesus admired his faith and he had healed him. We should all remember that no matter what situation we are in or who we are, Jesus will always have time for us because of his unconditional love.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:54 pm

14When Jesus saw this, he became angry and said, "Let the children come to me! Don't try to stop them. People who are like these little children belong to the kingdom of God. [b] 15I promise you that you cannot get into God's kingdom, unless you accept it the way a child does."
In the past, i never really understood what Jesus meant by "you must be like these children to enter God's kindgom"... because i was like... why do you have to be like a kid? but i understand now that its the child's innocence...and their openess.
Children are so open to everything, accepting things so willingly.
Jesus is telling us to be like them, to be OPEN and willing. To accept.

52Jesus told him, "You may go. Your eyes are healed because of your faith."
It always continues to amaze me on how much your faith can do. Heres our proof! Theres so many stories on how it has healed the sick, blind, lame and even people who never believed, once they had faith, they changed 180 degrees!!!
Dont underestimate the power of faith, what strong faith can do.
Our faith is what makes us different from others, we dont not need to see to believe, we dont have statues and stuff like other religions.. but we know our God is there, we have FAITH that He is the one true God and that He is the almightyyyy!!!

have a good weekend guys!!! Smile see you all sunday ~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 am

“You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. 43 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else.
these verses remind me that becoming a leadder means to become a slave of everyone else, and i was thinking about it, and its true mong us. people are bitter towards authority who abuse their power, but admire authority who are humble and have humility.
im sorry i didt get alot today! im tired! ill read it again tmr!
night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:54 am

Hey guys... sorry for posting soo late... i had a soccer tournament today so i was sooo tired, but then we had to go to someone's house and stuff... i almost forgot...

22The man's face clouded over. This was the last thing he expected to hear, and he walked off with a heavy heart. He was holding on tight to a lot of things, and not about to let go.

So in this chapter, there was much about getting into God's kingdom, or acting like a Christian. Material wealth is good. It feels good to have it, and it's always nice to have it around, but when it comes to laying it all down for God, can we do it? In this verse, this virtuous man, who has followed the commandments for his whole life, but when it comes to give up physical wants, it may be hard. Giving all we own for God is not an easy feat, but later in the chapter, it explains how we can not get to the kingdom of God without his own aid. The worldly things block our view of what may actually be more worth it after our own time in this world, so when it comes down to between you and God, there shouldn't be anything you wouldn't sacrifice to get closer or to receive more aid from God. So thats just some food for thought, but thats what I got. Good night.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:00 am

14 When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.”

I think when Jesus talks about being "like a child", he's talking about how you should be open and ...almost vulnerable.
You need to be able to completely believe in the word of God, just because it's what you were told was right.
Children will believe anything, do anything and say anything they've been told to. So, I think we need to stop questioning Jesus, and just trust in him.

I think it also means for us to stay as innocent as we can and even when we're punished, that we get back on our feet and try to be good in front of God, again. I think as we get older, we tend to hold grudges and give up too easily, so when we're young, we're more forgiving and etc.

Okay, that's what I got! See you guys tomorrow! (:

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down