Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Corinthians 10 March 29

+4
jennifer
josephpaik
DunNo
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

2 Corinthians 10 March 29 Empty 2 Corinthians 10 March 29

Post  Kevin Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:22 pm

bounce
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

2 Corinthians 10 March 29 Empty Re: 2 Corinthians 10 March 29

Post  DunNo Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:27 pm

But in all this comparing and grading and competing, they quite miss the point.

I thought this verse is important because it addresses a common issue with our ministry. When we start going into groups and start turning into cliques of people, I don't think we can have proper fellowship and in turn, no firm relationship with God. Even our praise team is a tightly knit group, but to the congregation, are we encouraging the breaking of barriers between differences we have? It's good that we go and sit with others during service, but we have to continually try to start breaking down the walls of various groups in the congregation. How can we get close to God, if we can not with each other? I am just saying that it is important that no matter how tight of a group we are, we have to try to break our walls and be open to the congregation, and no matter how tight a group of people in the congregation may be, we need to continually try to have them get closer to others.

"If you want to claim credit, claim it for God." What you say about yourself means nothing in God's work. It's what God says about you that makes the difference.

As a part of any group that shows leadership in the church, the message that this verse gives is a reoccurring one, but nonetheless still important. When we play every Sunday, who is it for? It is not for us, nor is it directly for the congregation. It's for God. What we are doing is simply helping others praise and praise ourselves. We shouldn't ever boast that we're in the praise team, but any glory that goes to us for this reason should go to God. We should never be on stage for admiration, but to earn admiration for God. We can be considered the middlemen in this case, where we glorify God by helping others. Swallow your pride and never do it for personal glory.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Sorry i have lots going on right now and i cant think straight when i have lots of stuff to do.
Ive read it but ill post the devo later today or tomorrow. stupid school
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:14 pm

3 We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. 4 [a]We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.
17 As the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord.”[c]

hi guys im feeling sick today and im going to go to bed soon sorry imm not going to explain these verses, but these are the versess that i learned from today
bye guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:30 pm

i believe that it is time for a spring themeeee dontcha agree ?
omggg, 87 on my accounting test :$ last minute studying does wonders >.<

7You judge by appearances. [a] If any of you think you are the only ones who belong to Christ, then think again. We belong to Christ as much as you do.

simple. dont judge.
this verse really got me though "if you think that youre the only ones who belong to christ, then think again"
dont feel that you are more superior than others because you belong to Christ, because you are not the only one. We are all sons and daughters of God and it's just that some mature faster in faith than others, it all comes at different paces and times in a persons life.

also, throughout the rest of the chapter, it says
to not be proud of yourself, but be proud of the work you do FOR God's glory.
We shouldnt be ashamed to call ourselves Christians and do all we can for God's greater purpose.
We should be proud to say that we serve God and that we get to do whatever we can for Him.

finished half of my confirmation homework, and just completed my geography homework, chyeahhhhhh!! haha .
also got a call today saying that i got onto the team for KODIA! pretty excited ~
Smile
thank you God !
may i request prayers for that trip!? it would be much appreciatedddd <3
love you teammmm Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 폴 Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Hey peops~
I just finished typing and printing out my Poetry Assignment.
Hope I get an awesome mark. (yn)

11: Such people should realize that what we are in our letters when we are absent, we will be in our actions when we are present.
This is one of the things I'm always puzzled about. When we are not together or chillin' with each other, we use typing as our source, in this case, we use devos to stay connected, but when we are together as a group, instead of using words, we let our actions speak louder than words. Is it because we're shy??? Is it because we feel intimidated??? Or is it because our actions are far more superior in having a feeling than words do and actions are far more easier to express than words??? To God, though, when we are alone without anything, we use our words to express our feelings, but when we are together, and praying together, and worshiping together, we are using our bodies and voices to express our feelings. God, however, he uses words and actions at the same time to show what he is thinking and to show us what he has in store for us.

All right, I'm tired, g'night~
Paul 폴
Paul 폴
minion

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:18 am

Hey guys! Today was fairly relaxing for me, actually.... and I seem to have less work than the week before, so hallelujah to that! I actually ended up at school at 8:00 this morning, finding myself in the cafeteria with some people from fellowship, doing a wonderful bible study on how Jesus is the truth... intense stuff yo. Smile I'm not looking forward to tomorrow though... possibly the worst day of the week where I lead one of the most uncommitted ensembles of like 15 kids... and mostly people who don't practice. -___- Sigh... but I hope it'll go well. You guys better be doing fine too! Very Happy

Verse 7 serves as a powerful reminder that we don't rule our own lives, but God does. Why? We're Christians - followers of CHRIST! I mean, we have such a tendency to think about ourselves... I'm sure everyone does it, whether knowingly or unknowingly, and this is something that can't be avoided. But we are living for Christ - for certainly the greatest thing that happened to us was to come into his presence. This really made me think about how we should behave, not just at church, but everywhere else, considering that the spirit of God is always in us, no matter where we go.

I felt uncertain about what verse 11 was saying, but this is what it says - Such a person should consider this: what we are in the words of our letters when absent, we will be in actions when present. It tells me that if we say one thing, we follow it up later. I remember coming to a Sunday service where Jacob mentioned powerfully about how talk is cheap. This is so true. Even Moses touched upon this when he talked about 'walking the talk' as opposed to 'talking the walk'. That too served to me as a good reminder (unless my definition's flawed hahaha)

A touch of humility also came in this chapter, in verse 17 - So the one who boasts must boast in the Lord. This would apply to everyone here on this forum and especially to every person who calls themselves a Christian! For us, we might feel good being complimented, but that's not why we come as a team to lead praise. Ultimately, we give everything, all the time, to God our saviour. Really, we have to consider just spreading that gospel, taking that action that we've been taught since! After all, everyone is called to evangelize... in my case, it's my Wiccan friend with his videos, where it's difficult, but it's something that I pray for.

Anyway, I hope you guys'll get some rest, and prepare your hearts for worship! I'm so stoked for this week! You guys're great! Let's serve!

Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:19 am

sorry guys, sister's legit birthday today
celebrating.
homework and I'm just supersuper stressed. Double post tomorrow? :$
Sorry!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:38 pm

k finally done some stuff.
heres yesterdays devo. sorry

2 Corinthians 10

3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 the weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have diving power to demolish strongholds.

I think this means that we are not the causes of war. War being sin. We cant control the fact that we sin so its saying that its just fate to sin. The things we do (weapons we fight with are not weapons of the world) are not thing we do in the world and for ourself, Its all for God because everything we do has a meaning to it and to God. (diving power to demolish strongholds.) So if the things you do are not for God, it can break the relationship between the both of you if you continue to live for youself and not the Father.

put a lot of thought into that:P
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:40 am

Chapter 10
4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
I'm not actually sure why, but I really love this verse!
I have nothing else to say about it!

17 But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”
If you boast, you should boast the lord.

I know that without even realizing it, we sometimes idolize ourselves and I can't say it's only our faults because we're being told from all kinds of sources, to do it; to worship ourselves.
"Because you're worth it." - Sound familiar to you guys?
The idea that we deserve everything we get and want is drilled into our heads constantly. And there is a fine line between loving yourself and being boastful of yourself.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down