Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 6 Feb 29

4 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 6 Feb 29 Empty 1 Corinthians 6 Feb 29

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 pm

8-)
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 6 Feb 29 Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 6 Feb 29

Post  julian Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:28 pm

February 29 doesn't exist this year. It's called March 1. Too bad it's not a leap year! Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:34 pm

How foolish of me.
Consider this topic March 1st.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Hey guys... I'm going to be pretty doomed today.
Queen's application's check... now it's a few more Uni stuff! Sad Stupid me left it to the last minute, arghhhhhh!

Anyway...

The way I saw this devotion told me that if there's conflict within the church (and that could be anything), we should be ashamed. It tells us that if we're in conflict with a believer, non-believers see this and probably think that our relationship with God is just something so small that many Christians forget. I guess that was what Paul saw at the time he was writing this book.

Verse 8 was something I liked - when someone starts a lawsuit, he does it because he realizes he does wrong yet desires to cover it up. How? We try to blame things on someone else. We shouldn't cut corners and try to cheat our own mistakes... after all, there's no benefit in doing so. All it's going to do is come back up to us and make us realize that we failed deeply.

The sexual immorality part, I think, is very straight-forward. I remember a saying that each body is like a temple of God... which is why we're advised not to put harmful things into our body, because if you think about it, God's temple is being destroyed - our hearts. If our body is so used to lust, then we don't belong to God, but rather to lust. Note this would apply to anything; remember Moses' sermon on... NO IDOLS. Commandment 2.

That's what I got.

See you then.

My encouragement is that we get our devos done a little earlier - the later we do them, I feel we might slack off a little (from what I've tried), but I'm sure you guys might have some things going on. Keep up the fight, guys... March Break's around the corner... hahahahah!

- Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:25 pm

7 Even to have such lawsuits with one another is a defeat for you. Why not just accept the injustice and leave it at that? Why not let yourselves be cheated?
When i read this verse, i was like Shocked i never realized this! like, when i was reading the first part of the passage, i was like, weelllll we kinda invented the lawyer and judge because we know that some of us are worse at using arguements to win a dispute than others, so in court, this would be a just way of solving our issues with eachother. However! this verse caused me to realize that maybe its okay to just let what the other believer has done to you as that. let yourself be cheated of your worldly goods and worldy materialistic things because theyre all gone when we are judged infront of the Lord; they dont come with us after we die. like in our other devos, it siad that God will judge everyone and will give them what they deserve. "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"-ghandi it also says that if we rely on non-believers to settle our disputes within the church infront of other non'believers, how does that resolve anything within the church, when they have nothing to do with and dont even know what the church is like? i dont know if that made sense or not Suspect but oweelll! haha allsooooo, God wouldnt put you through a situation like this unless he meant for it to help you grow, or gain knowledge.
15 Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ? Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never!
yeaahhh pretty sself explanitory! when you smoke, participate in sexual sin, and when you do anything damaging, or bad to your body, youre doing something damaging to christs body. yeeup!
soooo thats what i got ahaha
vocal festival tmrr Smile hehe night guys
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:03 am

i didnt get anything from this passage...
sorry guys o.o
this chapter didnt pop out as much
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:47 am

7 Even to have such lawsuits with one another is a defeat for you. Why not just accept the injustice and leave it at that? Why not let yourselves be cheated? 8 Instead, you yourselves are the ones who do wrong and cheat even your fellow believers

If having a problem with another is something bad to begin with, my thoughts according to this passage is that it would be even worse to continue the argument if it were the case that it was something not worth arguing about. This passage pretty much sums up the saying; turn the other cheek. Just turn your other cheek because even though you feel like there's injustice. God will always resolve what needs to be resolved and to be honest, it doesn't matter if you're made right with anyone here on Earth. The only thing that matters is that you are made right with God.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down