Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 10 (Sept 3)

+2
Grace
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 10 (Sept 3) Empty 1 Corinthians 10 (Sept 3)

Post  Isaac Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Shocked
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 10 (Sept 3) Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 10 (Sept 3)

Post  Isaac Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:09 am

Hey guys! Its like 4 am and I'm at sams house. Were leaving in a bit so I thought I would take this time while others were sleeping to do my devos for today! These things happened to them as examples for us. They were written down to warn us who live at the end of the age" I like this verse because I always thought of the things in the bible as lessons in history. Obviously god isn't as visually there in todays times as he was in the old testament and new testament but I think that was for a reason. " 31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." I really like this verse. Its like our team moto "always worship" you can worship while eating, playing sports and even taking a dump? Aha I hear there was a hockey played who put "PFJ" on his skates. It stands for "play for Jesus". You can worship anywhere, anytime.
I hope you all have a good long weekend! Keep up with devos and ill see you all next friday!!!

P.s. Jacob, remember to pray!!!! : )
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:06 pm

okay so today i went roller blading..... my legs kill, period. haha
work was brutal.... we had this kid crying in the pool because she was scared of the shallow end ... when she clearly reached the bottom and her head was floating way past the water.... she was 9 . HAHA wow, ALL of the lifeguards were trying to calm her down ...

kay so for todays chapter , its all about " DONT WORSHIP OTHER IDOLS" i talked about this yesterday.. lol didnt know it would be in todays chapter but yes . dont worship other idols
back then the people worshiped some wierd things, like statues, animals, and sacrificed all this stuff... even their own kids :/
everything was so detestible to God, and He clearly told us not to. All the stuff in the bible talking about these idols is a warning to us like it says in this chapter so that we WONT do the same thing, and keep away from this evil practice .
These days we dont sacrifice items... but i feel that we tend to worship and put up other worldly things as idols and put God last .
We get so caught up with computer, tv, games, money and etc that we forget whats most important .
We need to keep the balance, keep God first, and make time for God, and focus on what really matters .

i remembe this song i sang in sunday school the lyrics were like "I shall have no other gods before thee, here on bended knee, i will worship and adore thee, who else can i turn to, you're the only one, you're the only one! you're second to none, you're the king of israel, the holy one, every knee shall bow....." and so on
good message Smile

im out , gonna go boating Very Happy
have a good week guyss !
school so soon :S
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 10 (Sept 3) Empty 1 Corinthians 10

Post  Kevin Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:12 pm

haha i think i have a fever...
this sucks...

So i read verse 13 and it says

13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

I read this verse and what I got was that God really cares for us. He will never give us anything that we can't handle. So I remember Sam giving a sermon on how God gives us ways out. When adam and eve ate the fruit that was forbidden, they hid and God asked where are you. Now obviously, he knew where they were... come in it's God right? But he asked those questions he knew the answer to cause he wanted Adam and Eve to go to God honestly and tell them what they had done. He was giving them a way out. So with this verse, I will try to remember that God always cares for everyone of us.

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:50 am

Sorry guys I know it's late, my sister came over today, and I had to entertain her. LOL my sister is so evil. She ran out of toilet paper at home, so before she left she took all of our toilet paper with her.

Do it all for the glory of God

You always have the opportunity to worship God. No matter where you are, or in what situation you might be in, you can act in a way that glorifies God.

also the big topic in today's chapters revolves around idols.
You cannot drink from the cup of the lord and from the cup of demons, too.

The words idol have evolved through generations, and to us it is easier to fall victim. Money, T.V., games, Social status, etc all can take over our lives. Funny thing is all the things mentioned can also be used to glorify God in someway. They can either hurt you, or can be used for God. We have to take the time to stop, and think before we continue on with something.

k that is all for today
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 am

work work work... a very big pain in the bum.... Sigh, our familly had a rele late BBQ night today but the meat was INCREDIBLE, PHENOMINAL, OUT OF THIS WORLD cuz the L.A Galbi was in my dad's home made marinate sauce for a very long time... By the way, I have lots of left overs and if there was practice on friday, i would have brought some for you guys but too late... HAHA sry guys...

This chapter is sends us a message that is veryy clear and we also have heard about this and heard examples of what happend to people who have commited this sin before... DON'T WORSHIP IDOLS!!!!! The only thing that we should worship is the one and only almighty god. There is nothing greater than god and we all kno that... doesn't mean that we should hate non believers, we can eat any food that they give us as long as we dont cause any problems with them... They're non believers and they worship other gods that doesn't even exsist, it is their own right to do what they are doing jst dunt do the same thing that they are doing. some people think that they can do anything that they want but we all kno that not everything is good so dunt do anything sinful that you might regret, god will always be their for us. we can always trust him not to let us be tempted too much... Praise GOD!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 am

YES guys, i'm glad you guys are doing your devos. i know i didn't post but i did read it!
my eyes wwere just bloodshot and i was dying. sorry!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down