Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmmmm is anyone else doing their devos today?

4 posters

Go down

Hmmmm is anyone else doing their devos today? Empty Hmmmm is anyone else doing their devos today?

Post  Isaac Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:29 pm

Hey guys/gals! Big weekend, went buy quickkkkk. Now another week comes 5 days of school....
I took a power nap after that soondubu and i forgot about my two tests tomorrow.... but im taking sometime to rest and do my devos for today.

Philippians 2
HUMILITY. The word and concept of humility has been talked about A LOT in these forums but its something we should all strive for. v.3 "do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit but in humility consider others better than yourselves. v4. each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."
The part of "consider others BETTER than yourselves". I always thought of humliity like being respectful of others and not being "cocky" or arrogant. But actually putting someone as "better" than yourself is something new to my mind.
"not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence." It takes a certain kind of person to do good when no one is around. "do everything without complaining or arguing."
I complain a lot... especially at work (only because theres nothing to do....) ask mike :p... But lately (mainly because of mike and these devos) ive been watching my tongue. Also the arguing part, i argue like a little demon spawn baby.
Thats my two cents. Off to "studying" (or more like staring at my books hoping that it will somehow seep into my brain)...... Suspect yea didnt think so....

Have a good Monday! i know i wont...

E-Sak
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Hmmmm is anyone else doing their devos today? Empty Re: Hmmmm is anyone else doing their devos today?

Post  dennis Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:51 pm

This weekend DID go by so fast...
but it was a good weekend nonetheless Wink

Philippians two

verse 2. "...being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose." This verse tells us to be one. Following up on what Sam talked about today, I hope that our family-like praise team can extend our love to the congregation so that we can all help each other grow. As a hi-c ministry, it would be amazing to do devotions altogether, care for each other with no limits, and worship God being one in spirit and purpose. Initially, to me, this seemed almost impossible, but knowing what God can do with us, I'm sure one day we can all come out of our own bubbles and become one family.

verse 7. "Christ Jesus...made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant..." Like Isaac said, this passage talks a lot about humility. I've always wondered ask why we have to be humble? Why do we need to decrease ourselves and increase God? Today, I found my answer: we have to be humble because Jesus too did it in order that God can see that we put Him before ourselves.

verse 15. "so that you may become blamess and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe..." When I read this verse, I couldn't stop looking back to native missions, when we were stargazing at Abbie's house; it's an amazing sight. We saw so many shooting stars, and, basically, some of us stayed there for an hour speechless. Paul encourages us to be like these stars. It sounds really cheesey, but we all have the capability of being blameless and pure. Sure, it's really hard in our society not to sin, but when God sees our efforts to be pure, that's when God sees us "shining". For example, in grade seven and eight, I was the most sensitive person at school. I would get mad all the time for the things my friends said to me because I would take it really seriously; I was definitely an impatient and angry child. Once I grew in my relationship with God, I became a bit more patient, and I grew to be understanding. So, only through God can we start to shinee sunny

Have a good week guys & girls
Oh! My grad portrait is on Wednesday. Please pray for my left cheek- that I won't get any pimples after the cake from today. Merci.

Denise
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Hmmmm is anyone else doing their devos today? Empty Re: Hmmmm is anyone else doing their devos today?

Post  Michael Ha Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:12 am

I seriously love doing these devos.. gets me thinking about everything and most importantly about myself and God... Love self-therapy sessions!! yessshh /meditate

I think I'll call this the "A and B of Christ" so I can remember it...
Attitude and Brightness of Christ..
The ABC of Christianity! lol

The thing about complaining and arguing.. we still need those for general growth of the intellectual human mind.. so I personally disagreed with this notion of not complaining or arguing. Well.. I dunno about complaining.
Arguing is REALLY REALLY REALLY important in my opinion, and being good at it is possibly the GREATEST AND GREATEST gift of them all.
If we were sheeple.. our belief would be SOOO shallow, so I think arguing and complaining (lol) is important.
Also.. I'm jealous of all who is rly good with words for casual social use, formal writing use, and story writing use.
I'm pretty bad with words lol, not gonna lie
Kk.. I'm done for tonight
Night~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 am

mike look at the context of arguing tho. It's COMPLAnING AND ARGUING. Arguing is not bad, but a better word for what your thiniking is ... Confronting? Arguing tends to be tunnel vision version of confronting. Nothing wrong with a confrontation but being told to do something and complaining then arguing is bad
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:31 am

Isaac wrote:mike look at the context of arguing tho. It's COMPLAnING AND ARGUING. Arguing is not bad, but a better word for what your thiniking is ... Confronting? Arguing tends to be tunnel vision version of confronting. Nothing wrong with a confrontation but being told to do something and complaining then arguing is bad

So it's arguing tied in with complaining that's bad, that's your argument?
Ya, I think so too, I just meant it as a separate thing like arguing about some important issues, gets you thinking.
Thinking is important.. don't be sheeple
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:02 am

Shining like stars...what does that mean? It's something we hear often, but something that's kind of hard to define. It's a weird analogy and one that's hard to define. Stars are subtle. You can't really see it in detail unless you take a telescope to it, but it's nice to have. We prefer having stars up there to see, rather than not having them on a cloudy day or in a light-polluted city. But you have to view this in the context of Paul's time. They had no electricity. They relied on the moon and the stars at night for traveling or just "seeing". So the basic observation you can make here is that he wants us to shine in the darkness. But I think it's more than that. I think he wants us to be something that people prefer having over nothing. Something that people really want to see, something that makes people's lives happier. Also, doing it in a subtle fashion. This ties into the humbleness that he talks about. If we're humble, God will exalt us and let our deeds be known.

Humbleness! Ties into the thing I talked about when I reminded you guys to serve on the praise team with more of a heart of charity than to show off your talents. Humbleness will take you further than you know it.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down