Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yesterday and today's devotion..

2 posters

Go down

yesterday and today's devotion.. Empty yesterday and today's devotion..

Post  samuelchung Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:26 pm

what up all?
how goes it? so here are my devotions for yesterday and today, sorry i was a little bit busy yesterday...

yesterday:
what i read: 2 Chronicles 20-22
What i learned: well it was nice to read yesterday because i was a little frustrated with some things and i found this calmed me right down, and it calmed my heart down a lot... something about the Word that brings soothing to the soul. anyways, this is what happened, after king Jehosphaphat died, his oldest son (Jehoram) became king, but he ended up marrying the daughter of King Ahab (the king that Jehoshaphat had asked to turn to the Lord, but choose not to), and in the process of marrying her, he ended up taking up all of her traditions, but her religion as well and so all the alters that had been built torn down by his father were brought back up once again. since he did evil in the eyes of God, he was struck with a disease, and died. All of his sons died as well except for the youngest. the youngest son ended up taking the thrown, but not having a clue on how to run the thrown, his mother who was a descendent of a king from Israel led her son away from God, just like king Jehoram's wife. He ended up getting killed and his mother ended up taking the thrown, but what she did not know was there was another son who was still an infant who was stolen away, so that she could not kill him because she knew that if the son was found he would surely die. So the son grows up in the temple of the Lord, and lives there without leaving the temple grounds.
What i am going to do: well it is interesting how much women have a huge impact within Scripture, both positive and negative, but in this case it is negative, but it also shows that even though they were considered like slaves in this time, they really did have some power as well. it is interesting. it is also interesting to see how the men of the day had their minds swayed back and forth without any concern about annything. so my thoughts werre that i want to make sure that i do not sway back and forth when it comes to my relationship with God, and to make sure that i stand firm in that one area.

Today:
what i read: 2 Chronicles 23
What i learned: so finally the kid who was in hiding in the temple he is old enough to take the thrown, and overthrow his mother, so one of the leaders who had been helping hide him prep him by making sure that he is well protected by the Levites (who were in charge of the temple) and he also made sure that it was well known. so when his mom comes around to find this boy, she is put to death and this boy is put on the thrown where he should have been in the first place. the benefit now is that he has been raised in the temple with temple teachings and hopefully with the relationship with God.
What i am going to do: well it is interesting to think about people who are born into the church and who go to church their whole life, when the time comes for them to take the plunge into the great world, are they ready? For king Jehoida he was ready, and my thoughts are if the church allows for the members to have the best opportunity to experience God, then i think they will stay! exciting!
sam

samuelchung
minion

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

yesterday and today's devotion.. Empty Re: yesterday and today's devotion..

Post  Isaac Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:00 pm

and a side note , I remener Sam talking about the amount of water a camel drinks, and for ten camels it's 1893 liters of water..... And let's say rebekah had a 4 litre container she would have to fetch water 470ish times...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down