Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 1 (Dec 21)

+3
Billy Kim
Grace
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Acts 1 (Dec 21) Empty Acts 1 (Dec 21)

Post  Isaac Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:02 pm

nom nom nom
did my ouac Smile
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts 1 (Dec 21) Empty Re: Acts 1 (Dec 21)

Post  Grace Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:57 pm

i have been a big fat couch potato all day... and went to east side marios Very Happy HAHA it was awesomeee .
ive been singing "until my breath runs dry" and "the same power" ALL DAY . hahahahahaha my family is so sick of me...

6So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." 9After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

in this chapter , this part stood out above all else..
i liked how Jesus is saying "dont worry about anything. Only God knows when judgement day comes, and at that time, all you need to do is witness what is happening. If you live a righteous life and stay faithful to God, there is nothing to worry about"
In revelation, the whole book is about the day the Lord will come back. When Christians will suffer the most because of the world, but will be saved by God. There are stories in there that could scare those who doubt, and is not understandable for those who do not believe. But God is saying that He will take care of it all, we just need to stay faithful to HIM!

my mom keeps making me write letters for her to her lawyer. He wrote ME a letter and was like "you have very beautiful writing, consider being a lawyer" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA right.....................................................
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:50 am

Hey guys!!! Headache still and the BIGGEST COUCHE POTATOE EVER!! should start EXERCISING!!!
Confused about wats going on this week, can u guys make it clear for me??
gosh, helping my mom with creidt card problems is HARD!!!

Man, this chapter was hard to understand so i decided to read the message version of the this chapter.

6When they were together for the last time they asked, "Master, are you going to restore the kingdom to Israel now? Is this the time?"

7-8He told them, "You don't get to know the time. Timing is the Father's business. What you'll get is the Holy Spirit. And when the Holy Spirit comes on you, you will be able to be my witnesses in Jerusalem, all over Judea and Samaria, even to the ends of the world."

These verses show how god has everything planned. god won't tell u when things are going to happen and wats
going to happen because if we do kno when things are going to happen, there is no point in us living. We will be just
like dolls without having any freedom. god gave us a choice wether to love him or not, go to heaven or hell. If we kno
everything that's going to happen, we wont have any choices...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:21 am

I like reading about Jesus' ministry because i always seem to find something i never knew
i didnt know he came backish for 40 days

Also he talks about having the holy spirit in you. Ive always been boggled by the trinity, and their relationship with us.

I suppose were not meant to fully understand, but only to embrace...

-isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:46 am

Worst day of my life yesterday night, never been attacked like that before...anyways long story short, God kicks ass in the end!

God has authority over dates and times...so don't worry about the little stuff. When you start approximating, that is when panic and confusion starts. There is a reason why people don't have the power to look into the future, because we would not know how to properly use it. God is saying don't sweat it, because if you start looking into the future you are jeopardizing the present.

k that is all! PEACE AND WHEN IS CHRISTMAS SERVICE
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:49 am

haha. Acts is a Great chapter. It kind of is a continuation from Luke and although it
seems like the main gospel to share, it's the gospel abotu the holy spirit.
I'm excited!

haha.
Use this break to really get into the chapter and learn lots of things from God!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:32 am

6So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

this chapter stood out ALOT. I'll be Honest, I would love to know when judgement day is. But we will never know until it comes and the reason for us purposely not knowing is because I think Jesus wants to see how we live without knowing when judgement day was. IF people were to know when to judgement day was, they would act alot better hoping to get judged positively. But Sayah shared this at the retreat, he said we have our salvation no matter what if we accept Jesus as our saviour. We don't NEED to know when judgement day is because we already have our salvation and we really don't have to work towards it.

anyone know when christmas service and practise starts?
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Hey guys! So sorry that this is very very very late. I was gonna do it last night when I got home but i ended up sleeping over at my friends house and didnt get home till now.. So my bad!
But I'm very excited to start Acts, because it really marks the beginning of Christianity. At the retreat, me and Kevin had the verse about the Great Comission for the skits, and Acts is all about the disciples (or do you call them apostles at this point) fulfilling the Great comission.

"It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth
Like Kevin said, we really have absolutely no idea when Jesus will return - and all the better, because it keeps us in check. Everytime I read about Jesus' return I start thinking - what if Jesus came back RIGHT NOW? Would I be ready? Would I be ashamed and want to run away? And everytime I think - yes. I'd start regretting so many things and wishing that I could turn back or that I had more time. And then I make the effort to be more ready, to live a life that is closer to God. So this constant suspense of not knowing really helps us stay on track.
I also really like how it says 'to the end of the earth'. We sing that song, but sometimes we forget what it really means. Can we really say that we will go the ends of the earth for Jesus? I remember in one of our Friday devotions Isaac was talking about how you can't expect God to trust you with the big things if you can't even do the little things like doing your devotions or showing people love right here at home. That's kind of a great eyeopener - that maybe we're not ready to say that we want to to go to the ends of the earth until we start making changes in our present day lives.
Makes you think Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 pm

cathy , do you know what time we need to be at church by tomorrow ?
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down